Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blastoise need help

The better option is delcatty /magneton, since suicune ex takes a lot of damage from the pokepower of blastoise ex. Also , magneton can do more damage than suicune ex, and you can spread the damage between your pokes, and not only in a single pokemon.

I run Blasty with:

4 Dunsparce
2 Jirachi (Make a wish)
3 Magnemite
3 Magneton
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
2 Squirtle
2 Wartortle
2 BlastEX
2 Pkmn Retrievers

Jirachi speeds up the deck a lot. Run him if you can because blasty needs lots of evolution.

Edit: Do not run suicune ex. There is no point. Magneton is better.

Last edited:
Yeah, Mag/Catty is the way to go with Blastoise. The amount of damage a single Magneton can do is huge, and the deck can get set up fast with the Delcatty drawing cards and Magnetons getting the energy back.

IMO TA Walrein would be better for Blasty than Suicune ex in Modified (Suicune for Unlimited play, though).

with jirachi...
when is says "Search your deck for a card that evolves from 1 of your Pokémon and put it on that
Pokémon" does that mean the next stage or any stage that evolves from that poke? (i.e. squirtle to
blastoise)

ShotoCloneX said:
with jirachi...
when is says "Search your deck for a card that evolves from 1 of your Pokémon and put it on that
Pokémon" does that mean the next stage or any stage that evolves from that poke? (i.e. squirtle to
blastoise)

Immediate evolution only (Basic -> Stage 1 -> Stage 2).

Just curious, why do you think Suicune ex is better than TA Walrein in unlimited? You can get it out fairly quickly with Archie and not having to risk the 2 prizes...

GKOTM said:
Yeah, Mag/Catty is the way to go with Blastoise. The amount of damage a single Magneton can do is huge, and the deck can get set up fast with the Delcatty drawing cards and Magnetons getting the energy back.

IMO TA Walrein would be better for Blasty than Suicune ex in Modified (Suicune for Unlimited play, though).

fchangus2 said:
Just curious, why do you think Suicune ex is better than TA Walrein in unlimited? You can get it out fairly quickly with Archie and not having to risk the 2 prizes...
Personally, I considered both of those cards for my blastoise deck. However, Suicunes main drawbacks is that it shuffles the energy back into the deck, so you gotta draw it back again. And as for TA walrein, he was the first pokemon i wanted to put in with blast. Its a sick combo but if your running walreins basic and stage 1 forms, you waste slots and its gets frustrating when you got a blastoise ex in your hand with a spheal lol. On the other hand, Archie makes it extremely playable except for the fact that by the time you get walrein in play he will only have about 90 hp left (via. archie and blast poke power), which isn't that hard to pull off now-a-days. It also doesnt help that walrein is week to fighting (freaking magma decks, jesus christ...LOL)

ShotoCloneX said:
Personally, I considered both of those cards for my blastoise deck. However, Suicunes main drawbacks is that it shuffles the energy back into the deck, so you gotta draw it back again. And as for TA walrein, he was the first pokemon i wanted to put in with blast. Its a sick combo but if your running walreins basic and stage 1 forms, you waste slots and its gets frustrating when you got a blastoise ex in your hand with a spheal lol. On the other hand, Archie makes it extremely playable except for the fact that by the time you get walrein in play he will only have about 90 hp left (via. archie and blast poke power), which isn't that hard to pull off now-a-days. It also doesnt help that walrein is week to fighting (freaking magma decks, jesus christ...LOL)

I suggest you re-read Suicune ex.

Back