Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on BlastZel

Status
Not open for further replies.

RxWolffe

Hey PokeGym, I'm back with a deck I am planning on running at BRs. Here we go with the list:

Speed Turtle

Blastoise 3/2/3
Floatzel 3/3
Zoroark 2/2
Marowak 1/1
Cleffa x1*
Delibird x1
Mantine x2*
Total: 24

PONT x3*
PETM x2
Twins x2
Seeker x1
Pokemon Communication x4
Switch x2*
Pokemon Collector x3
Rare Candy x3
Emcee's Chatter/Cheren x2
Total: 22

Water Energy x10
DCE x4
Total: 14

The goal I have for this deck is to rush the field with Blastoise and Floatzel and pound everything in my way. I use Marowak for any electric types, and Zoroark cause he is just too beast with Foul Play. Any help or suggestions are more than welcome :)
Posted with Mobile style...

It'd be good against vileplume/gothitelle but catcher will own your floatzels. I wouldn't worry too much about electric types, but I certainly wouldn't use marowak as a tech and I'd probly drop the mantine and delibird for more trainers. It can't really be a speed deck without more draw power. I'd probably go 4 Oak, maybe sage's training and copycat. I don't think Cheren would have great dividends compared to more shuffle draw. I'd also be tempted to do 4-2-4 Blastoise with 3 candy since he's your only really viable attacker. Not sure how to feel about zoroark, but it might work. I doubt seeker will help too much, ditto for twins. I wouldn't want to wait to lose a floatzel or blastoise line to be able to use it. Try some catcher as well, the ability to drag out Emboar or Typhlosion and ruin your opponent's day is way too powerful not to use. Perhaps a Kingdra line (1-0-1)could help do extra damage, even OHKO Yanmegas.

I use Marowak for any electric typesPosted with Mobile style...

All I can say, after play testing Marowak, there is nothing worse than double wiffing on Bonerang while staring at your opponents fully charged Zekrom. :nonono:

It happens way more often than I thought it would :frown:

Yeahhhh, definitely wasn't my best idea. This deck seemed like it would suffer so much against electric types, but I guess if I can pick them off the bench of pound them before they evolve into a threat I should be good. I am:

-Marowak 1-1
- Mantine x1
-Delibird x1
- Twins x2
-Seeker x1

And:

+PONT x1
+ PKMN Catcher x2
+ Kingdra Prime 1-0-1

That still leaves 2 empty slots ;-; What would you add or change again for the deck?

Thanks for the advice guys! :D

if you are really worried about electric types take out the marowak line and add another zoroark line. with great acceleration you can just foul play Magnezone for OHKOs and you can return KO Zekroms.

with your extra slots you should test Jirachi + Rainbow Energy.

if you are really worried about electric types take out the marowak line and add another zoroark line. with great acceleration you can just foul play Magnezone for OHKOs and you can return KO Zekroms.

with your extra slots you should test Jirachi + Rainbow Energy.

Running a 3/3 Zoroark line would not be a bad idea. But, I really do not know how to feel about using Jirachi lol He would just be there to devolve stuff...

.... Which is actually pretty ingenius. I can use him to rid myself of things lie Vileplume and Gothitelle. Especially Magnezone. Thanks for the suggestion man! :D

Running a 3/3 Zoroark line would not be a bad idea. But, I really do not know how to feel about using Jirachi lol He would just be there to devolve stuff...

.... Which is actually pretty ingenius. I can use him to rid myself of things lie Vileplume and Gothitelle. Especially Magnezone. Thanks for the suggestion man! :D

No problem.

I really feel like Jirachi slots nicely into most decks with any type of energy acceleration. It can go into Blast/Zel, tyRam, ReshiBoar, MagneBoar, etc. The point of having it in these decks is not to score easy KOs (although those are nice). The point is to clear your opponent's field of Stage 2s (Magnezone, Emboar, Vileplume, Reuncilus, Gothitelle, etc) and then watch them scramble to get them back up and going.

Alrighty then, my new list is now as follows:

Blastoise 3/2/3
Floatzel 3/3
Zoroark 3/3
Jirachi x1
Cleffa x1

PONT x4
PETM x2
Pokemon Catcher x2
Seeker x1
Pokemon Communication x4
Switch x2
Pokemon Collector x3
Rare Candy x4
Emcee's Chatter/Sage's Training x2
Total: 24

Water Energy x10
DCE x3
Rainbow Energy x1
Total: 14

This is what I feel would work the best. I decided not to include Kingdra for the obvious reason of Catcher+Reshiram/Emboar/Ninetales in play. Getting rid of Mantine was a hard choice, and if I were able to I would love to keep one in there for it's Group Swim to help get Blastoise/Floatzel out onto the field. Did I miss anything, fellas? :]

I found a 1-1 of Raikou/Suicune Legend to help against the mirror, Reshiram decks, and Yanmega (Lightning weakness). This was all before Catcher came out, but since the focus for them is knock out Floatzels first, the Legend usually stays and doesn't need energy removed from it after it's on. 50 Water/Electric damage and healing 50 at the same time isn't terrible.

That seems like a pretty good idea, but how would I get the dual Water/Electric damage out of the second attack?

Ah, well, I guess that would work, but the thing is how would that help against Electric types? I mean, it's a pretty boss card and I will playtest it, but idk how it will function against Zekrom or Magnezone :3

---------- Post added 09/08/2011 at 11:42 AM ----------

Bump it uppppppp :)

have you considered running just a 1-1 donphan prime? I know it may seem weird but its acutally quite good. I've been running this deck for a while and it gives you just one more stable attacker thats good against, Zoroark, babies, cincinno, and other things you will see many of. you could cut your Zoroark line to 2-2 take out 2 water energy for two more rainbows. just something to consider it counters meta really well and gives your a big attacker.
so I would:
- 1-1 Zoroark
- 1 water energy
-1 Rare Candy (only one evolution line to candy.)
-2 catcher (personal preference, I don't like it in the deck cause you can hit just about anything on board any way)

+ 1-1 Danphan Prime
+ 2 rainbow energy
+ 2 Plus Power (better V. zekrom with Donphan, and better for Yanmega, and random lanturn with Blastoise attack
'just suggestions, good luck! thinking about running same deck for BR's

Thanks for pretty relevant suggestions :)

For starters, Catcher will probably be taken out in favor of Pluspower. That would actually be pretty helpful with picking pokemon off the bench. In addition, bumping Zoroark down is something I was planning on doing, but down to a 1/1 because sometimes he really is a dead draw and I am testing out Golduck.

As for Donphan, I have considered it many times. But, the problem is, I think he is powerful, but cheap. Then again I am a bit picky with the techs I use. I tried out Marowak, but he is just an inferior Donphan. I also tried considering RSL, but I think that using Legends is risky business. However, I will test out Donphan, although I really have nothing to help against mirror matches. Any suggestions?

Thanks for pretty relevant suggestions :)

For starters, Catcher will probably be taken out in favor of Pluspower. That would actually be pretty helpful with picking pokemon off the bench. In addition, bumping Zoroark down is something I was planning on doing, but down to a 1/1 because sometimes he really is a dead draw and I am testing out Golduck.

As for Donphan, I have considered it many times. But, the problem is, I think he is powerful, but cheap. Then again I am a bit picky with the techs I use. I tried out Marowak, but he is just an inferior Donphan. I also tried considering RSL, but I think that using Legends is risky business. However, I will test out Donphan, although I really have nothing to help against mirror matches. Any suggestions?

How did the Zoroark line work for ya? I have been having good success with this set up:
3-3 Floatzel
3-2 Zoroark
4-2-4 Blastoise

I am really interested in this deck doing well, let me know how it is going with you. I think if Goth.dec and Ross.dec become big, this deck just got relevant again.

Honestly, I felt that the biggest issue I ran into during testing is a deck that can set up faster and stop you from being able to keep your basics or Stage 1's on the field long enough to initiate a Blastoise sweep. A deck I ran into a problem with was T-Tar toolbox. Those damn Darkness Howls and Power Claws kept destroying my Buizels and Squirtles. But, otherwise I have had pretty good results.

As for Zoroark, I thought that a 1/1 was the best thing. I was almost always able to draw into it when I needed it. I tried a 2/2 and 3/3 and it often was a dead draw, and when I would get a Zorua, I found that it's attack is just too costly to be a reliable starter. Zoroark had a tendency to be Communication fodder, and Zorua was easily dealt with. So I stuck to a 1/1.

VS. T-Tar- Unfavorable: T-tar has an amazing power output that can destroy benched babies/basics in just a couple of swipes. It sets up remarkably fast, and with special Dark, it's power is unrivaled and will decimate if not knocked off quickly.

VS. Cinccino- Even: I have gone even matches against Cinccino. It's speed is much greater than BlastZel, but it's HP is low, so it will be one-shot by a charged Blastoise.

VS. MewBox- Even: MewBox is a strong deck, but it clashed with BlastZel. Since it can pick off pokemon from the bench, it can stop them from setting up the lock. However, if they get that lock up before you can completely set up, you run into problems with Mew's See off and Sludge Dragging up basics.

VS. Reshiram variants- Likely favorable: I haven't tested against Reshiram yet, but one word spells it: Weakness. 'Nuff said lol

Overall, this deck is very powerful and can set up very quickly, but has some matchup difficulties.

ironically my other main deck is TTar/Serperior. and yeah Blastzel dos kind of struggle against it I found that TTar is favored 60/40 but its not un doable gotta hit the larvatar/pupitars lol and use zoroark to match-up to ttar and its why i love donphan it makes ttar very sad.

Yeah lol I agree, I just think that if you can't stop a T-Tar from setting up, it will give you a very difficult time. It's not impossible to beat, but the odds definitely will not be in your favor in that battle.

---------- Post added 09/13/2011 at 07:01 AM ----------

So far, this is what my list looks like right now, T-Tar being the only deck to give me any significant issues:

Blastoise 3/2/3
Floatzel 3/3
Zoroark 1/1
Golduck 2/2
Jirachi x1
Cleffa x1*

PONT x4
PETM x2
Pokemon Communication x4
Seeker x1
Switch x2*