Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Blaze of Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool_Porygonz

Problems:
Problem Decks: CMT, Zeels, Eelektross, AlmightyGoldenGarchomp's Gigabomb (the version with mewtwo EX)
Deck Problems: Like honchvire pointed out, both the emboar and typh lines are hard to get (and the emboar rarely is used when it happens to be around). Also charging up the rehis takes quite a while for just 10 nrg. I am debating on whether to put DCE in and take out fandango line and 1 Junk Arm (which are rarely used). Actually, I want a vote actually and after 10 votes of whether to have DCE or not I will see if I should or not. The vote MUST include a reason/explanation. Any other problems you may foresee please post.
I JUST BEAT A REALLY GOOD ZEELS DECK! WITH A MEWTO EX AND EVERYTHING! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP WITH THE CHANGES. THAT DOESN'T MEAN STOP THOUGH! KEEP 'EM COMING!
THIS DECK RUNS 9:6 IT CAN USE HELP!

Pokemon (13):
3-2-3 typhlosion PRIME
3 reshiram
2 reshiram EX

I/S/S (33):
3 rare candy
3 communication
3 collector
3 Xtransciever
3 eviolite
4 switch
2 sage's training
2 PONT
2 Junk Arm
3 catcher
3 Engineers Adjustments
2 Twins

Energy (14):
10 :fire:
4 :colorless::colorless:
The idea is to get the Reshirams out and use Engineer to draw cards then use Prime to draw the energy you discarded to the Active. Then you charge up benched reg. rehis and EXs then wreak havoc with them. Any comments on this deck?

Last edited:
Tyboaram
Posted with Mobile style...

Sounds like a noise a constipated person would make.

"Eeeeerg! Tyboaram!" No I want it to sound cool. I liked something along the lines of Fire Finisher but more ferocious and less vulnerable. Something Flame Paladins or sometihng like it.

Emplosion.

It gets tight trying to make a portmanteau out of those three names.

Or you could combine the power and ability: InfernoBurner EX.

I like the sound of Tyboar. You could add another word before or after it, such as Tyboar Charge. You could also combine abilities/powers and Pokemon, such as Infernal Reshiphlosion or Reshiboarner. You could go with or without the EX.

As for critiquing, I can't really help too much. I'm assuming by "3 collector or reversal if you can't afford them", you meant catcher instead of collector. If not, I would suggest Catcher. The only other thing I could think of would be Heavy Balls for Pignite, Emboar, or Reshiram EX, but I don't know what to take out.

Emplosion.

It gets tight trying to make a portmanteau out of those three names.

Or you could combine the power and ability: InfernoBurner EX.
I like InfernoBurner EX for now the best
Super Epic Deck of Fiery Doom. :biggrin:

that's the original name I first gave it, why did you have to change it???
Waaaaaaay too long.
I like the sound of Tyboar. You could add another word before or after it, such as Tyboar Charge. You could also combine abilities/powers and Pokemon, such as Infernal Reshiphlosion or Reshiboarner. You could go with or without the EX.

As for critiquing, I can't really help too much. I'm assuming by "3 collector or reversal if you can't afford them", you meant catcher instead of collector. If not, I would suggest Catcher. The only other thing I could think of would be Heavy Balls for Pignite, Emboar, or Reshiram EX, but I don't know what to take out.
1) I don't.
2)Way over used names.
3)So it's that good? Thanks AGG!

Why emboar AND typhlosion? You only really need one. Having 2 different stage 2s kind of muddies up the deck a bit. The other line could be replaced by consistency T/S/S. That would bring you out of the 3-2 range.

Why emboar AND typhlosion? You only really need one. Having 2 different stage 2s kind of muddies up the deck a bit. The other line could be replaced by consistency T/S/S. That would bring you out of the 3-2 range.

any suggestions as to which to switch Emboar out for?

how about Blaze of Glory, or Fire and Dance ? ^_^

Like Blaze of glory thanks. Now that I'm not looking for a name I'll post the hard parts

---------- Post added 03/08/2012 at 08:11 PM ----------

I edited 1st post

Problems:
Problem Decks: CMT, Zeels, Eelektross
Deck Problems: Like honchvire pointed out, both the emboar and typh lines are hard to get (and the emboar rarely is used when it happens to be around). Also charging up the rehis takes quite a while for just 10 nrg. I am debating on whether to put DCE in and take out fandango line and 1 Junk Arm (which are rarely used). Actually, I want a vote actually and after 10 votes of whether to have DCE or not I will see if I should or not. The vote MUST include a reason/explanation. Any other problems you may foresee please post.

No need for both Emboar and Typhlosion, your deck lacks the draw power and Twins support to be able to support 2 stage 2 pokemon. Drop the Emboar line, it's be proven that Emboar just isn't as good as Typhlosion, even though Emboar is better with Resh EX, you've got alot more freedom with just the Typhlosion as it gets back the fire energy you discarded so no need for the excessive amout of Energy Retrieval/Fisherman and it isn't as prone to being catcher stall bait unlike Emboar.

-2-1-2 Emboar
-2 Switch
-2 cilan (now that Emboar is taking a back seat you won't need this card)

+2-2 Ninetales
+1-0-1 Typhlosion (A thicker Ty line as it increases the chances of a T2 Ty Prime)
+2 Sage's Training
+1 PONT

I'm still not sold on combining Typhlosion Prime with Reshiram EX. The After Burner damage is a problem and the potential 40 damage back-lash from Brave Flare (or whatever the attack is called) is always a problem as Mewtwo Ex would have no problem Killing Resh EX which makes it a huge liability, but of course in that match-up you shouldn't even touch Resh EX and just focus on the regular Reshiram barrage.

Find some space for a Revive (2 would be best) Zeel is a difficult match-up for TyRam. It all falls down to 'who will run out of Zekrom/Reshiram first?'

Yeah, use Typhlosion or Emboar, not both. They're both solid choices. Personally I prefer Emboar.

No need for both Emboar and Typhlosion, your deck lacks the draw power and Twins support to be able to support 2 stage 2 pokemon. Drop the Emboar line, it's be proven that Emboar just isn't as good as Typhlosion, even though Emboar is better with Resh EX, you've got alot more freedom with just the Typhlosion as it gets back the fire energy you discarded so no need for the excessive amout of Energy Retrieval/Fisherman and it isn't as prone to being catcher stall bait unlike Emboar.

-2-1-2 Emboar
-2 Switch
-2 cilan (now that Emboar is taking a back seat you won't need this card)

+2-2 Ninetales
+1-0-1 Typhlosion (A thicker Ty line as it increases the chances of a T2 Ty Prime)
+2 Sage's Training
+1 PONT

I'm still not sold on combining Typhlosion Prime with Reshiram EX. The After Burner damage is a problem and the potential 40 damage back-lash from Brave Flare (or whatever the attack is called) is always a problem as Mewtwo Ex would have no problem Killing Resh EX which makes it a huge liability, but of course in that match-up you shouldn't even touch Resh EX and just focus on the regular Reshiram barrage.

Find some space for a Revive (2 would be best) Zeel is a difficult match-up for TyRam. It all falls down to 'who will run out of Zekrom/Reshiram first?'
1) I've already established this problem.
2) As for the cards you said to add and take away. Let's start with the takeaways. Emboar I totally agree has to go. Switch IS staying. It helps so much against catcher. I agree that Cilan also must go. I might add Ninetails line, but I think I'd rather add 4 engineers adjustments because it is in my arsenal.
I need the thinner typh line because it builds up quicker and to have 3 typhs on bench does help alot.
As for Sage's Training, I will not add those to the scene because I usually get them farther into the game which helps confuse the opp.. As for PONT 2 is all I need to make a good hand I've tried more than two and I always end up having two in my hand.
3) You're right typh isn't to build up ReshEX but it is to charge up the reg. Reshiram. EX is just as a back-up so I'm not stuck with typhlosions as my active.
Yeah, use Typhlosion or Emboar, not both. They're both solid choices. Personally I prefer Emboar.
Typhlosion has helped SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO much more.
EDIT: did wrong calculations
Alright So I decided to make some changes to help myself.
-2-1-2 Emboar
+4 DCE and +2 Twins
-2 Cilan -1 Rare Candy - 1 Junk arm
+3 Engineers adjustments

Last edited:
are you really gonna be using twins all that much? They only help if you are behind, and you shouldn't really be planning to be losing...

---------- Post added 03/09/2012 at 08:45 PM ----------

BTW, I'm touched to see that my little GigaBomb is on your list of problem decks. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that you can't beat me :)

are you really gonna be using twins all that much? They only help if you are behind, and you shouldn't really be planning to be losing...

---------- Post added 03/09/2012 at 08:45 PM ----------

BTW, I'm touched to see that my little GigaBomb is on your list of problem decks. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that you can't beat me :)

If you didn't have that CHEAP mewtwo in it you would've lost!

and to your fist post, yes. It helped me win last round against zeels. It is faster than my deck so it started with more prizes taken.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back