Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BlazeChomp

Nekizalb

I've heard about this deck, and seen a couple of threads go up in Deck Help and Strategy over the past few months, and I've tried to build a BlazeChomp deck. It seems like it has potential against non-SP decks after the rotation, and I've managed to fit in a 2nd Psychic Energy and a Mewtwo line to slow down SP decks. However, there are a few things that I'm concerned about, and I could use some help.

1. First of all, will the deck even work against SPs? I know that most SPs run Mewtwo counters, and Blaziken FB Lv. X can easily get counter-KO'd after a Jet Shoot.

2. Spiritomb really slows the deck down. I can use Luring Flame to get around it, but my opponent can just retreat whatever I brought up. Chances are there won't be many Pokemon out there with heavy retreat since Claydol will be rotating out. Luxray GL can get around it, and be a good attacker, but I don't want to turn the deck into BLG, and I'd like to keep the deck to two types of basic energy.

Should I run a Dialga line to tech against Spiritomb/Vileplume? It seems contradictory to Mewtwo, and I don't like the retreat cost of 2. Running Dialga would also mean that Dialga would be my Mewtwo counter.

3. Should I run Call Energy? Blaziken FB Lv. X and Garchomp C Lv. X are both capable of rushing the opponent. I'd like to know if it is better to rush my opponent, or give myself a setup before rushing them.

4. Assuming I have space to play with, what Trainers should I run? Energy Exchanger seems like a really good idea to constantly Dragon Rush, but Level Max also comes to mind. I can Jet Shoot or Dragon Rush out of nowhere with it, although it is flippy.

5. What Pokemon lines should I run? I currently have a 2-2 or both Blaze and Chomp, but would I be better off running a 3-1 of either or both to have a better chance of starting with one?

Thanks in advance for any help!

A 3-1 blaze and 2-2 chomp is good. Id run at least 2 call energy. Leave out dialga G, blaziken fb is good against vileplume on its own. (and NOT because of the type)

No, 2-2 Blaze is better. 2 Call is waste. Vileplume is weak to psychic, not fire anyways. Level max sucks. I've found it can still win against most SP decks.

I ran blazechomp a while back and i can say it is definitely a fun deck to play. However, one of it's greatest strengths was luring up a claydol so that it couldn't cosmic and than either koing it or sniping around it. Now that claydol is gone it loses a large part of it's strategy. It's not the most competitve deck out there but if you play with it enough and get experience it can do well. One of the biggest things is knowing when to jetshoot.

Blazechomp will be better this format imo. You need to consistently deal 80 damage every turn to keep the deck winning imo though. Pending on setup, i'd probably setup Blaziken FB X and luring flame to setup a Garchomp so that I can take 2 prizes that turn.

Also, i'd look into running ERL. You already play the fire energy and it would be a nice late game surprise.

Of course. Every SP should play it. I use Uxie X in mine. For the record knowing when to Jetshoot is easy after playtesting it several hundred times :p

I was just wondering if he played it. Dont you think that mewtwo AND dialga would be kinda clunky. My advice would be 2 calls, 3-1 blaze, 2-2 chomp. Those are the essentials. Also, a mewtwo counter is needed. But I don not think mewtwo itself should be in the deck. Good Luck :)

I was just wondering if he played it. Dont you think that mewtwo AND dialga would be kinda clunky. My advice would be 2 calls, 3-1 blaze, 2-2 chomp. Those are the essentials. Also, a mewtwo counter is needed. But I don not think mewtwo itself should be in the deck. Good Luck :)

2 Call? Are you kidding me?

0 call?
4 collector?

right, that sounds WAY better than 2 calls.
i would go 3 call.
everyone says 3 call is a waste, its really not.
ive tested it in at least 4 other decks, 3 call is suitable for a deck that is hard to fit calls in.
you dont need to tryto get the 4th in.
3-1 blaze sounded great but with no claydols, there arent many things with heavy retreat. i say 2-2.
as far as chomp, i would run 3-1 just to get that dragonrush down faster. you dont need 2-2 becuase your probably not goign to be healing anything considering jetshoot is easy to get revenge killed.
i would run uxie X, and an unown q.
i would also run at least 2 premier ball.

conclusion

2-2 blaziken
3-1 garchomp
3 call
2 premier ball
2-1 uxie

try it, i am fairly confident that it will be very stable and consistent.
it is almost similar to what im using.

Back