2 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance
1Luxury Ball

Energy:
3 Call
2 Upper
6 Fire
2 Electric

The main idea with this is to Clutch for 80 as soon as possible with a few fire spins as needed. I have not included Heatran because that simply slows down the deck and is very clearly Luxray GL lv. X bait. What I have included is a Manetric PL so that no Flygon Lv. X can just come in and Extreme Attack a Blaziken FB Lv. X (a very important part of this deck). It also helps with the water-type match ups doing 40x2(or+30 against none SP)+40 more for burn. The reason I put in two electric is in case I ever need to use his first attack and the other is in case I need to use his second to attach an energy to a benched Blaziken. The Upper works great with Clutch if I'm in a pickle.

I need help in making this deck run smoother and to get everything out in time before I've been creamed. Any suggestions, friends?

Thank you for your time!

I'm working with a deck like this. I've been toying with the idea of taking claydols out and making it a more SP based deck with blaziken line (3-2-[2-1]). Throw the luxray GL Lv X in there for those palkia locks. If not the luxray then I've been toying with the fact of throwing in pokeblowers. It's tough coming up with a decent build, some type of harmony between a stage 2 and SP decks. 4 candy's a bit excessive, I'd drop to 3 and go to 3-1 on the blaze fb line.

You should run Luxary GL and try to make Blaziken PT just a tech card instead of a main attacker. Blaziken FB/Luxray GL starts are way better than Torchic.
Good deck by the way. Test the changes I mentioned.

I'm working with a deck like this. I've been toying with the idea of taking claydols out and making it a more SP based deck with blaziken line (3-2-[2-1]). Throw the luxray GL Lv X in there for those palkia locks. If not the luxray then I've been toying with the fact of throwing in pokeblowers. It's tough coming up with a decent build, some type of harmony between a stage 2 and SP decks. 4 candy's a bit excessive, I'd drop to 3 and go to 3-1 on the blaze fb line.

I like the Blaziken FBs as 2-2 for a little stability and so that I don't have to worry far too much if the first one finds itself down and out.

Fitting in a luxray GL was something I considered, but may be a bit difficult. I would be willing to test it, but my only luxray GL X is in use by my girlfriend for her new luxape deck.

I find the candies to be too much so far as well.

You should run Luxary GL and try to make Blaziken PT just a tech card instead of a main attacker. Blaziken FB/Luxray GL starts are way better than Torchic.
Good deck by the way. Test the changes I mentioned.

As for making it more SP based with an evolution back up, I find that all wrong. That is where things fall apart, when you try and base something around a basic with too hefty of an evolution line being used to get things going. Using a basic to back up an evolution is by no means unheard of.

As I said on the beach, I still think manectric isn't going to help you for the purpose you've designated him for. However I do kind of understand your reluctance to use Heatran now. Perhaps try a magmortar, I'm intending on using Magmortar SV in mine, he seems to fit quite well.

As I said on the beach, I still think manectric isn't going to help you for the purpose you've designated him for. However I do kind of understand your reluctance to use Heatran now. Perhaps try a magmortar, I'm intending on using Magmortar SV in mine, he seems to fit quite well.

Manetric's main purpose is to shield Blaziken FB against Flygon Lv.X. I find the magmortar interesting, but after a power spray where do you go from there?

how does Manectric shield Blaziken FB from Flygon X? He can just extreme attack your manectric instead, then hit Blaziken.

I didn't mean Magmortar SV, I actually meant Magmortar SW. SW can bench snipe, and also stands to heal off to be more durable and an annoyance to your opponent. of course, you could always try SV, if they powerspray it that's okay, that's less powersprays being used on your Claydol, or worse yet your uxie or azelf.

Magmortar's to much of a pain. He has to be active, then to get him out of there is just to much of a pain. I'd rather sit there and bash with blaziken FB X and use my blazikens power to burn from the bench. Then once he dies bring out another FB luxury ball to grab the X and do it all over again.

you mean premiere ball, right?

Of course that strategy works, but you won't always have blaziken or an FB ready. Magmortar can sit there and annoy your opponent and hold out until you can set up. yes, once magmortar gets out there, he's probably not coming back out to the bench, but he should give you a turn or two at the very least to help set up. not to mention he IS bench sniper, which could potentially clean up any pokemon that avoided the +40 extra hits by retreating.

Flygon can't use Extreme Attack on Manectric, because Manectric is not a Lv. X.

Ah. I missed that little tidbit. your right. I suppose the only concern then would be whether or not Manectric will work against non flygon decks, or if he ends up being just a dead draw? also at one one, wether or not you can get to it when you need it.

though I suppose the ultimate question is how prominent Flygon is in your meta.

So I've been testing this beast against Flygon, and Extreme attack just screws me. I'll pull ahead by a prize or two then flygon comes out KO's my Blaze FB X and drops a few cards off my deck and I can never seem to entirely recover. I think in part because my buddies flygon plays nidoqueen(jerk), and Machamp. So basically it's built to screw my deck. It's been close matches and I think if the start were a bit quicker then the matchup would be more in my favor.

Are you running the manectric? Try not to use blaziken Fb level X as your main attacker. Manectric is actually a good tech with Blaziken FB Lv X now that I've had a closer look, and will help protect him from Flygon X as long as he stays on the bench. Use other Blaziken FBs, or the normal Blaziken, to deal your damage, and only pull out the FB X if you absolutely have to Jet Shoot. normal blaziken's clutch will prevent your opponent from switching to a Luxray, level up, force out your level x, then poketurn back to flygon for the kill too, if they're running luxray in a flygon build. hitting with the normal blaziken also helps against machamp.

and Metaforcer, for your build, try to see if you can find room for Stark Mountain. that one energy could mean the different between a Luring Flame and a Vapor Kick or an Emergency Jet Shoot, or between a clutch and an emergency Fire Spin.(140 damage Fire Spin w/ burn, OHKOs Flygon X!)

Stark Mountain is something I have been trying to get in, actually. Later in the game it can be very important. I think I am going to try working without the GE Blaziken, but for one energy and can be a nice energy returner to any of your pokemon.

I've actually found that the unknown really helps. In the few matches I played against gengar it really helped. Especially since your blaziken and claydol have powers and they're critical parts of the deck. I also like putting it on the claydol so they can't use trapinch or flygon with memory berry doesn't drag it up.

I just noticed that Medaforcer has no Premier Balls here.

Perhaps what he could do, is take out the Pokedexes and one Broken Time Space. that would not only give him room for two Premiere ball, but also room for two Stark Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back