Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blaziken FB to make a comeback?

Lancun

It seems that, when HGSS was released and Double-Colorless was once again introduced to the Pokemon TCG, Blaziken FB went from a component of the most powerful deck in the format to a rarely-used tech. With the increasing rise of Trainer-lock and Dialga G usage projected this season, will we see a comeback of the Garchomp/Luxray/Blaziken deck? And not only that, but is Blaziken itself a viable tech for many other decks to consider?

I myself run a 1-1 Blaziken in my Viletomb deck, and have had tremendous success with it (10-0 versus Luxchomp with Dialga G tech) Its Luring Flame disruption, combined with an absurdly low cost-to-damage ratio make it in my opinion still one of the most underappreciated card of SP, and a great tech in any deck with about four spaces to spare. It improves so many matchups, and also handles the hyped UD cards that will see some play this year (Umbreon/Scizor/Vileplume) relatively well across the board.

What do you all think? Will the angry chicken have his vengeance this season?

I 100% agree and think that a Vileplume/Blaziken FB combo is fantastic. It's attacks are fantastic and definitely seems to be a better option in this format.

Just curious- how do you run your viletomb deck? I am running with 0 trainers even with a couple stage 2 evolutions, and it's been working fine.

I think Blaziken FB will make a small comeback- it can hit for 80 for very little, and it is already obvious that Luring Flame is a really great attack in some cases. This will allow it to work better in the next format.

However, Jet Shoot still puts it in range of a OHKO from the ever-popular Promocroak, and it's faily easy for some other popular Pokemon (Lux X) to get to 70 (Flash Impact with a Crobat G.)

It seems that, when HGSS was released and Double-Colorless was once again introduced to the Pokemon TCG, Blaziken FB went from a component of the most powerful deck in the format to a rarely-used tech. With the increasing rise of Trainer-lock and Dialga G usage projected this season, will we see a comeback of the Garchomp/Luxray/Blaziken deck? And not only that, but is Blaziken itself a viable tech for many other decks to consider?

I myself run a 1-1 Blaziken in my Viletomb deck, and have had tremendous success with it (10-0 versus Luxchomp with Dialga G tech) Its Luring Flame disruption, combined with an absurdly low cost-to-damage ratio make it in my opinion still one of the most underappreciated card of SP, and a great tech in any deck with about four spaces to spare. It improves so many matchups, and also handles the hyped UD cards that will see some play this year (Umbreon/Scizor/Vileplume) relatively well across the board.

What do you all think? Will the angry chicken have his vengeance this season?

Funny thing is, that, I've read another thread, where the LuxChomp/Dialga, has proven to beat Viletomb.. Interesting, how everyone playing their deck against an opponent, manages to win.

It's not just the deck that wins games, it's a lot to do with the player, how they run their deck and the choices they make during play. Vileplume and SP Decks are both decks with great potential in the upcoming format and there is no such thing as one deck being proven to beat another. Anything can happen in a game and even the best decks and players can lose.

Also, I run luxray/garchomp/blaziken and my girlfriend runs Vilegar. Our matches are always pretty close although I'd say her deck generally wins 80% of the time :)

Back