Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blaziken Firestarter (pls give feedback)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikachu*

Blaziken Firestarter

Hi, Everyone while looking on the Internet for old archetypes (I was really bored) I found a deck named B-A-R. It stands for Blaziken, Ampharos, Rayquzza ex. This was one of the greatest decks ever so I decided to remake it for the modified format

Pokemon (20)

4 x torchic cg
2 x combusken pk
4 x blaziken firestarter

4 x skitty
4 x delcatty pk

2 x ray ex dx

Trainers (26)

4 x holon mentor
4 x master ball
4 x rare candy
3 x windstorm
2 x tv reporter
1 x Oaks Research
4 x Celio’s Network
2 x Mr stones project
1 x Warp point
1 x holon farmer

Energies (14)

10 x Fire energy
4 x lightning

Basically get a delcatty up and energy draw away, Discarding the energies (You should most of the time only discard the fire) and Blaziken gets back the fire energies and can attach it to one of your benched pokemon. Ray ex is played when you have 5 energies on your bench move them onto ray ex and retreat your active then blast away.

Pls give feedback

Very good deck, sam.
I see nothing wrong with pokemon and energies...

However, here are my fixes on the trainers.
well, it just me since i personally dont like the use of masterballs. lol.
4 x holon mentor
1 x holon farmer
4 x rare candy
4 x windstorm
4 x tv reporter
1 x Oaks Research
4 x Celio’s Network
2 x Mr stones project
2 x Warp point

Ray ex dx is self reliant because it's power moves energies to itself and then you can yeah attack. So the ray ex dx is the Ampy and the ray ex DR in this deck

castaway is amazing with delcatty, also Fluffy berries will allow you to get those Rays active . also try some tech cards like, sudowodo, mew pop 5, or any of the playable stars. and 4-4 delcatty seams a bit much. also forget L nrg and go with Multi like in the org BAR

need more lightning since u can't get it back from ur discard
could also use mewtwo d to move nrg to him later

You use the mewtwo d to move the energy to Rayquaza * and then rip all the opponents ex's 100 damage each.

Add more lighting or energy search to get it . Add a couple of switch so you can use all the energy rather than waste on a retreat.

- 1-1 or 2-2 Catty
+ 1 ray ex
+ 1 windstorm
(+ 2 h. lass / stadium / fire energies)

every poke in this deck has a power, so you have too max out your windstorms or/and put in some stadiums.

castaway is amazing with delcatty, also Fluffy berries will allow you to get those Rays active . also try some tech cards like, sudowodo, mew pop 5, or any of the playable stars. and 4-4 delcatty seams a bit much. also forget L nrg and go with Multi like in the org BAR

But multi energy does add any damage to ray ex's attack because it is a special and ray ex's attack only boosts from basic energy

Flariados said:
Put some more Rayquaza ex in.

That is how i used to have the deck but i noticed that there is like no use of doing that because you have farmer in the deck. I will do further testing with it with 3 ray ex though.

David'dConfusedPokedad said:
You use the mewtwo d to move the energy to Rayquaza * and then rip all the opponents ex's 100 damage each.

Add more lighting or energy search to get it . Add a couple of switch so you can use all the energy rather than waste on a retreat.

Good idea i will try doing that thanks man

Rayquaza14 said:
- 1-1 or 2-2 Catty
+ 1 ray ex
+ 1 windstorm
(+ 2 h. lass / stadium / fire energies)

every poke in this deck has a power, so you have too max out your windstorms or/and put in some stadiums.

Hmm i like your thinking adding in another windstorm would help alot

Thanks everyone and pls keep the Feedback coming in

Last edited:
You might as well put in latios* or lugia ex since you have firestarter.

Also, try to make this more holon based. It discards energy to use with blaziken, and with 4 mentor... you might as well.

If you use mentor, and mewtwo d, you can do a neat trick which I made up last year:

ray*+mewtwo d+castform

Get them all off one mentor, drop it and BOOM!

NG-BAR (stands for Next-Gen Blaziken-Ampharos-Rayquaza)

Pokemon (19)
3 x torchic PK
2 x combusken EM
3 x blaziken firestarter
2 x skitty
2 x delcatty pk
2 x Mareep UF
1 x Flaafy UF
2 x Ampharos uF
1 x Rayquaza Star DX
1 x Lugia ex UF

Trainers (24)
4 x Holon Transciever
3 x holon mentor
2 x Holon Adventurer
1 x holon farmer
4 x rare candy
4 x windstorm
4 x Celio's Network
2 x Warp Point

Energies (17)
10 x Fire energy
4 x lightning
3 x H's Magneton/Electrode

Try this, Sam :)

YOu don't need ampharos if you put in 2-3 Rayquaza ex DX...
And make -1 H's Magnetrode + 1 fire energy

thats my oppinion

Well, let's see...

Rayquaza ex DR only need like 4 Lightning or Fire to knock out a 150 or 160 HP pokemon
Rayquaza ex DX need at least like 8 Lightning and Fire in any comination to knock out a 150 or 160 HP pokemon.
Lugia ex UF, has the same HP amount as Rayquaza ex DR but it do 200dmg for 3, plus you can still "Firestarter/Energy Connect" to Lugia ex active. twice and slap in a Holon Pokemon - so IMO, Lugia ex could be better and more controllable than Ray ex DR, since Ray ex DR has to discard all energies to that pokemon?.
Latias Star; Latios Star...does 150 depends on whatever Pokemon (ex or Stage 2, I prefer Latias star) to knock out in probably one hit after you used Blaziken's Fire steam...?
Rayquaza Star..does 100 to each ex but only use it if your metagame has alot of exs in play...

David Confused Pokedad: Rayquaza ex DR from the dragon set and it was in the orginal B-A-R.

ryanvergel: I like your combo alot how did you come up with such a GREAT combo?

mew*: Good idea Mew* but why not use like mewtwo or something to move the energies because then you don't need to add in another stage 2 line.

Rayquaza14: yeah that is right you don't need ampy if you are only using what is in my list currently

I will be putting up match ups and also i will be put up a new list thanks everyone pls keep letting the feedback rolling in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back