Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blaziken/Mag for regionals

Status
Not open for further replies.

fayt255

My brothers making a deck and needs some help fixing it up before next weeks regionals. He will run either of these but both need major help if possible. We have different ideas.

Deck 1 (his idea):
Pokemon(25)
2-2-2 Infernape
2-2 Magmortar SW
1-1 Cresselia Lv X
1-1-1 Gardy SW
1-1 Mismagius
1x Pachirisu
1xStantler
1-1Banette
1-1 Combusken
1-1Hypno

Trainers(12)
Bebe's Search
2xAmulet coin
2xPluspower
2xPokeball
1xenergy search
1xen. switch
1xNight Maintenance
1x Rowan
1xSpeed Stadium,

Energy(23)
14x:fire:energy
9x:psychic:energy

Deck 2 (my thoughts):
Take out the hypno its wasting space.
if were going fire, -banette and add 2-2-2 blaziken.
If psychic, -combusken and +another banette.
-1 amulet coin +roseannes research.
-1 pluspower +energy search
-1stantler +smeargle

His deck has too many techs its starting to look like my old ones before i got intelligent and said wow this is unstable. he could use a lot of help

yeah put the hypno out and put a castaway in, is good for getting tool, supporter and energy, and don't forget the scramble and double rainnbow

yea...................dont have either lol. hmm cant decide whether to tell him to take out the banette or the combusken. basically its going to be 2-2 banette, 2-2-2 blaziken, or 1-1 banette and 1-1-1 blaziken and another random card?

3-3-1 Magmortar SW/Magmortar LV.X
3-2-2-2 Blaziken GE/Blaziken PK
2-2 Claydol GE
3 Pachi
1 Tauros CG

it just has to work,it just gotta.the hardest thing to get is Pachi and Claydol,buts not so bad on ebay

cresselia is already in there thats why i put 1-1 cresselia lv x sorry for the confusion. he is so against taking out the psychic part theres no changing his mind. hmm i may slide blaziken pk in there though. hmmm..........

How is this a "Blaziken/Mag" deck with no Blaziken listed on the deck list? LOL.

Anyway, there are too many evolutionary lines at 7. There are 2 Stage 2 evolution lines and 5 Stage 1 evolution lines and 2 basic only lines. Way too many and this is going to majorly slow this deck down.

Let's break this deck down. First, what is needed is a decision on whether this is a Magmortar/Blaziken deck or an Infernape/Blaziken deck and if either deck is truly going to have Blaziken in it, then Blazikens need to be added. Next, if it is chosen to have Magmortar, then a Magmortar LV. X is a helpful card (higher HP, bigger Burn, bench sniping) and I do not see that here. If Infernape is the choice, the Infernape LV. X is a helpful card (higher HP, adds a card to your hand, 150 attack). A choice is needed on which Pokemon is going to be the main attacker and which is going to be the support pokemon and from what I see in this list is that all of these Pokemon are thought of to be the main attackers. Once a decision is made on the main attacker, then some true constructive ideas can help finish this. However, all I see is a mishmash of Pokemon and I wouldn't even know where to start, especially since you said he insists on keeping the Psychic Pokemon. My suggestion is to use the Magmortar line since it is more widely used in the meta and more successful and I have both deck types and my Mag deck outshines my Infernape every time.

Tell him he really needs to make a choice so we can help him as best as any of us can.

Z

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back