Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blend Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick Nate

So, Blend Energy

I would love to see the other four types appear in a different Special Energy card for Dragon Blade. But I think this solves our problem of having to discard a Prism when using Rayquaza's attack. Now the Energy doesn't have to provide a Lightning.

I'd guess there will be another energy;

metal, fighting, water, ___

Bulbapedia said:
This card provides :colorless: Energy.
While in play, this card provides either :grass:, :fire:, :psychic:, or :dark: type of Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time.

I don't really get the card, why does it even say that it does provide :colorless:, does it matter? :S

I don't really get the card, why does it even say that it does provide :colorless:, does it matter? :S

When the card is not attached to a pokemon, it provides colorless.

So while in the discard, Typhlosion can't use it, etc.

I think that's just so we know what the card does when it's not in play.

On-topic, more food for Lost Remover/Remodeling Hammer! Yum yum!!

It can provide the cost of a :colorless: attack and it also prevents any attachment via abilities or items. Sadly, this isn't the necessary boost that dragons needed to be playable.

The energy is not bad because darkrai ex can abuse with his ability and every pokemon can use it but Rainbow energy is far better.

I think that a more accurate English translation of the card will be something along the lines of, "Attach Blend Energy to one of your Pokemon. While in play Blend Energy provides :grass:, :fire:, :psychic:, and :dark:, but provides only one Energy at a time. (When not in play, Blend Energy counts as :colorless: Energy.)"

That's really just taking Rainbow energy and removing the clause it has about placing a damage counter, but I think that's what the card is trying to convey. I don't speak or read Japanese, though, so I could be wrong.

It sounds like the main difference between this and the other energy is that you choose which type the energy is at any given time. For example, if it were attached to Rayquaza EX, you would choose whether or not it counts as a fire energy each time you attack.

Well I guess this confirms my fears. I think it's pretty evident that we might not be seeing Rainbow energy for a while if we're getting energy like this. Honestly I don't see much of a point to play this unless you want to avoid Rayquaza's discard and combo it for other techs (like Shaymin) or you just want to avoid Rainbow damage.

This card doesn't help Rayquaza at all. Might as well use a basic fire.

What I meant was you could use it in place of Fire, and double it as the energy for Shaymin EX if you are so tempted (or Darkrai EX for that matter) since Prism energy is discarded by Rayquaza EX.

Though if you aren't playing those then I'd have to agree.

I don't actually mind the idea behind this card at all. It's just a slightly more balanced version of multi/prism energy. HOWEVER, this particular version is pretty useless, and the types of energy it provides aren't used at all, particularly not together. If, of course, we see multiple "versions" of this card that have different type combinations, then THAT could be pretty interesting.

Perhaps it could be combo'd with Roserade UL for dual poison/sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back