Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blissey got stuck in clay

Status
Not open for further replies.

redostrike

Ok first of its a long (and bad) name for a deck but i really want to create something agianst those pesky blissey's.

18 Pokémon
4-2/2ex Claydol
2 Sableye (excavate)
4-4 Chimcho

27 Trainers
4 Energy removal 2
4 Holon mentor
4 Bebe's
1 Night maintanace
4 tv reporter
2 Wager
2 Scott
2 Phoeboes
3 Lake boundery

16 energy
4 special dark
2 Dre
8 Psy
2 Cyclone

Strat: Start whit chingling fetch for mentor next turn get chimecho and 2 baltoy and power one up until he has 3 energy + draw some stuff whit chimeco prolly gonna have a second chimcho soon Try to lay down 10 on all blissey's whit cladol (HP) Wide laser attack. The try to get claydol ex, use it's first attack against power uped blissey or remove there Holon FF whit second attack or er2 use lake boundery + Type shift to ohko blissey's they prolly bring them back. You could use sabeleye's disable if the dont play water and holon wp or discard the holon wp whit er2 (they cant get them back only basic energy just try to get rid of the holon energy's)

Any hints (i was thinking of ssu)

Last edited:
4-4 Chimecho? Really?

You sure you want to start with Chimecho as your only pokemon? 'Cause this distribution kinda encourages such unfortunate events. 2 Chimecho max would seem to be the way to go...

Oh No! I just finished testing this deck. Guess what? It won't work! Blissey will, at MOST, lose two prizes before it comes back to kick butt!

18 Pokémon
4-2/2ex Claydol
2 Sableye (excavate)
4-4 Chimcho

This won't work. Get rid of Chimecho and concentrate on 4 Sableye for disruption and Excavation. 12 Pokemon.

27 Trainers
4 Energy removal 2
4 Holon mentor
4 Bebe's
1 Night maintanace
4 tv reporter
2 Wager
2 Scott
2 Phoeboes
3 Lake boundery

Without Chimecho, you can use Quick Balls to advantage.
3 Great Ball
2 Roseanne's
3 Quick Ball
3 Bebe's

You need Windstorm for Sableye and Claydol EX, and to get rid of Buffer on Blissey!

3 Windstorm

TV Reporter doesn't help you! Excavate is already discarding too much! Sorry for all the yellllingggg...

3 Oak's Visit
2 TGW
1 Copycat
3 Castaway
2 Buffer
4 ER2
NO Lake Boundary - you won't need it
NO Phoebes - look out for Breloom
3 Night Maintenance - you'll need it

16 energy
4 special dark
2 Dre
8 Psy
2 Cyclone

I can see the idea for Dark. Not bad. DRE doesn't do much, but OK. Cyclone seems to be a good idea. I'll leave this be.

Just tested with Lake Boundary, and changed my mind. Not only does this list now crush T2 Blissey, but Lake Boundary was the kicker. Sableye CG is *tremendous* against T2 Blissey (have no tests yet vs Blissey/anything).

4 baltoy hp
2 claydol hp
2 claydol ex

4 sableye cg

3 Great Ball
2 Roseanne's
3 Quick Ball
3 Bebe's
2 Windstorm *excellent* vs Drake's/Buffer
3 Oak's Visit currently using 2 Birch/1 Visit
2 TGW
1 Copycat currently using Oak's Research
3 Castaway
2 Buffer
3 ER2
2 Lake Boundary
3 Night Maintenance - you'll need it

4 special dark
2 Dre this never seems to come into play, but leave it in
8 Psy
2 Cyclone

Just tested with Lake Boundary, and changed my mind. Not only does this list now crush T2 Blissey, but Lake Boundary was the kicker. Sableye CG is *tremendous* against T2 Blissey (have no tests yet vs Blissey/anything).

LOL, why do you think we did run our Blissey with Sableye (byebye deck)?

Thanks kinggengar for the help, i just was thinking about chingling/chimecho for early draw and setup. I also did try this whit stanler, Mismagius is good but it is dead within 2 turns. The lake boundery is really a must to kill of those blissey's. I think ssu can come in handy though. I think that the lucario version also have problems against this deck and the elctivire variants are also weak agianst fight. Dre could be used for claydol but i also was thinking about taking it out for a warp energy or 2 other cyclone's. Maybe a 1-1 mighteyena ex wont do bad here to.

I really only think that this is a good deck against blissey and no other deck though.

That's the problem with all Blissey counters, they work great against Blissey but not against a lot of other decks. And in any given tournament you will face other decks too, unless you are in an area were there is only Blissey - Mario (in that case go for this).

Right. My testing shows this deck is about 90-10 against T2 Blissey. I can see Lucario/Blissey doing better, especially if they swarm Lucario. Easier retreat for it, and will snipe off the Claydols before they're much good. Which brings me to Mario. I tested a lot against it, and it's no better than 50-50 against Mario.

Now the bad news. This deck can't beat Kricketot more than 20% of the time. Which means Lia is probably correct about most of the rest of the field. However... this leads me to believe that Sableye, being so good vs Blissey, might be paired with something else which can take down both Mario and Kricket, which would then make me believe it to be top-tier.

OK, enough foaming at the mouth...

Right. My testing shows this deck is about 90-10 against T2 Blissey. I can see Lucario/Blissey doing better, especially if they swarm Lucario. Easier retreat for it, and will snipe off the Claydols before they're much good. Which brings me to Mario. I tested a lot against it, and it's no better than 50-50 against Mario.

Now the bad news. This deck can't beat Kricketot more than 20% of the time. Which means Lia is probably correct about most of the rest of the field. However... this leads me to believe that Sableye, being so good vs Blissey, might be paired with something else which can take down both Mario and Kricket, which would then make me believe it to be top-tier.

OK, enough foaming at the mouth...

My best testing with Claydol Ex (yes also tried it a while ago) was with this combination
2-2 Claydol EX
2 Sableye
4-4 Blissey.

I don't use ER2 or TGW, because I hate those cards.
Bebe's is needed to get your Claydol EX and I prefer to play warp point to get rid of pokemon with Buffer Piece on it.
But the focus is Claydol EX while mine was focused on Blissey with Claydol as extra so I have not really any usefull to add as try 3 mentor / 4 quick ball / 2 or 3 bebe's and warp point.

That's funny. I thought that might be a good combo also, Lia. And yes, ER2 hits for me like 1 out of 5 times, and TGW I hate also. And Warp Point I've added to get Claydol out of trouble. With Blissey, the natural is also SSU.

In my Anti blissey, I use 4-4 Blissey and 3-3 or 4-4 Mismagius DP, Mismagius is also great against Mario good against Empoleon and bad against Infernape. Blissey is good against everything that is not Fightning (this can't use FFs). Mismagius take Fighting pokemons out easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back