Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Blue Flare White Dragon-my Reshiboar List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright you guys, if you are familiar with my previous thread, you would know that I was attempting to make SerpTank more widely known as a versatile deck in our current metagame. After Emboar and its multiple variants became popular, I knew that I would run into them quite often, so I started to experiment with other various popular decks. The one that really spoke to me the most was Reshiboar. As a result, I created a list that I feel is solid, but I first would like you guys to do your thing, so that we may improve it together :)

Pokemon

3-2-3 Emboar (2 Ability)
3 Reshiram
2-2 Ninetails
3 Cleffa

T/S/S

4 Pokemon Collector
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Pluspower
4 Energy Retrieval
1 Flower Shop Lady
3 Junk Arm
3 Rare Candy
2 Fisherman
2 Switch

Energy

13 :fire:

STRATEGY: Alright, this is a very simple deck to play, if you know how to use it. First, use Cleffa as your starter. With its attack, you will be able to effectively stall and refresh your hand. With a Collector, get out a Tepig, Vulpix and Reshiram ASAP. From here, finish setting up. Ninetails is for draw power and to speed you up further. When evolved, use the Ability Emboar to load up Reshiram with energy. As soon as that is done, Reshiram is ready to attack. Its attack Blue Flare will make Reshiram discard two :fire: energy after inflicting major damage, most likely resulting in a OHKO. Next turn, use Energy Retrieval to get the energy back and re-attach them via Inferno Fandango. Then just rinse and repeat :) If it wasn't obvious, the 'Flare Blitz'ing Emboar is used to KO pokemon with enough HP to overwelm Reshiram. You would have to discard all the energy attached, but just use Fisherman and recycle them.

Last edited:
Alright, two things:

1) This is HGSS-on, meaning Pokemon Rescue will be rotated so I cannot use it

2) They are nearly that same card. I prefer revive, though, because I can get a Reshiram back immediately, and start loading it up.

LOL. Nice I love it, thanks.

---------- Post added 06/17/2011 at 08:48 PM ----------

Btw, I have run into a few people who seem to think that Ninetails really is not necessary. What do you guys think? I was considering dropping them for two more Fisherman, an Energy Retrieval and a PONT.

Last edited:
-2 PETM
-1 Cleffa (they're gonna be dead draws mid-late game :( )
-1 Reshiram (ionnow, I feel like 4 is too much)

+3 Dual Ball
+1 Pokemon Communication

This should increase the speed of your deck.
Ninetales is an amazing draw engine. Every fire deck needs it! I like the Emboar 19 tech here, some prefer RDL though (which is more inconsistent because you'll need at least 2 Lightning energies). Uhm.. I feel like you need to increase your Junk Arm by +1.

If you're going to play the Non-Ability Emboar in I would run at least one or two Double Colorless energy in order to minimize the amount of energy you need to discard to use its attack.

If you're going to play the Non-Ability Emboar in I would run at least one or two Double Colorless energy in order to minimize the amount of energy you need to discard to use its attack.

Emboar is only for extreme circumstances. If I have to use him, I would rather attach only fire energy so that I can recycle them onto my Reshiram. Adding a DCE would be pointless if it only benefits one pokemon.

---------- Post added 06/17/2011 at 10:51 PM ----------

Alright, edited my list

---------- Post added 06/18/2011 at 12:06 AM ----------

On second thought, I really don't think I need the Dual Balls as long as I have my Collector. Having both would increase my chances of running into the though. What do you guys think?

why would you use the non ability emboar if your not really planning to use it? i say put in another reshiram instead of an non ability emboar

Alright you guys, if you are familiar with my previous thread, you would know that I was attempting to make SerpTank more widely known as a versatile deck in our current metagame. After Emboar and its multiple variants became popular, I knew that I would run into them quite often, so I started to experiment with other various popular decks. The one that really spoke to me the most was Reshiboar. As a result, I created a list that I feel is solid, but I first would like you guys to do your thing, so that we may improve it together :)

Pokemon

3-2-3 Emboar (2 Ability)
3 Reshiram
2-2 Ninetails
3 Cleffa

T/S/S

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Pluspower
4 Energy Retrieval
1 Flower Shop Lady
3 Junk Arm
3 Rare Candy
2 Fisherman
2 Switch

Energy

13 :fire:

We have a VERY similar list.... by coincidence since I've never posted mine.

My tips:

- 4 Reshiram is a NECESSITY. This is your main attacker and is easily searchable with collectors and communications. There's no reason for you not to max this out because it's never a dead draw and always comes in handy.

- I use 3 Collectors because this can be a dead draw mid to late game. Based on testing I would say 3 is perfect, especially if you're running cleffas and PONTS and ....

- Add JUNIPERS. I run 4 and this speeds up the deck tremendously. Don't be afraid to discard energy and items in this deck with this card since junk arms, retrievals and fisherman are staples. I actually find it more helpful to have energy and rare candy early in a match because it's searchable from the discard pile, but not from your deck.

Adjustments:

+ 1 Reshiram (staple in this deck. Main attacker, never a dead draw, and saves space because you don't need to run revive/rescue. Makes your deck more streamline)
+ 4 Juniper (Staple for speed. This deck plays off the discard pile ALOT. Don't be afraid to discard items and energy since you have retrieval and junk arm. This also speeds up your deck A LOT since you get rid of junk cards you don't need and pull 7 instead of 6.

-1 Rare Candy (I find that two is fine, and still allows a T2 or T3 Emboar on a pretty consistent basis)
-1 Plus Power (Junk Armable. You're never going to use more than one or two at a time.
-1 Flower Shop Lady (Not necessary with all the other recover methods that return directly to your hand. Returning to the deck means you're going to have to use ANOTHER card to pull it or top deck it. It's too slow and unnecessary given retrievals and fisherman)
-1 Collector (Great early game, but dead mid to late when getting your basics aren't a necessity. Communication is more important for evolving into Emboar. 3 collector is a solid balance)
-1 Fire Energy (12 is plenty with all the retrievals, junk arms, and fisherman you run. this space is needed to make room for Juniper)

Do it.

Last edited:
Instead of oaks, try sage's training. I saw it run in this type of deck and in em/zone. Wow, just wow. To amazing to pass up and you don't have to ditch cards you're already sitting on. Also I've seen babies give everything thats not yanmega problems(it can snipe around them). They are never awake when you want to KO them. Try adding 2x-3x pokemon reversal. you could do something like this:

-1 cleffa
-1 nrg retrieval
-1 pokemon collector
-1 poke communication
-2 pont

+1 reshiram
+2 poke reversal or poke circulator if you don't want flippy cards
+3 sages training

My brother is playing with a list very close to this and it runs fairly consistent. Hope I've helped

Alright guys, I edited my list based on some of your suggestions :)
(Btw, having no FSL in this deck scares me, so I decided to keep it, just in case)

Pokemon

3-2-3 Emboar (2 Ability)
4 Reshiram
2-2 Ninetails
3 Cleffa

T/S/S

3 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Pluspower
3 Energy Retrieval
1 Flower Shop Lady