Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Bolt Burn (still working on the name)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario12

Hey guys! This is my first post on this site, so I'm going to try to figure out how it works as I go along. Anyway, let's get started.

Pokemon-20
2 Pikachu (1 ND, 1 HS)
1 Raichu ND
3 Larvesta NV
2 Volcarona NV
3 Growlithe (2 ND, 1 HS)
2 Arcanine (ND Promo)
1 Zekrom EX
1 Zekrom BW
2 Victini (1 Fliptini, 1 Benchtini)
2 Reshiram BW
1 Tornadus BW

Trainers/Supporter-20
2 Cheren
1 PONT
1 Interviewer's Questions
2 Level Ball
2 Heavy Ball
3 Communication
2 Super Rod
2 Energy Search
2 Potion
1 EXP Share
1 Rocky Helmet
1 Switch

Energy-20
8 Lightning
10 Fire
1 DC
1 Prism

Strategy
The basic strategy is to utilize each pokemon's individual strength. Volcarona and Arcanine are used for the burn condition using Blazing Mane and Heat Wave respectively. In addition, Growlithe and Volcarona are used for energy attachment to power up the pokemon, as is the purpose of EXP share. Tornadus is useful in keeping a constant movement of energy between itself and the bench. The rest of the strategy with Reshiram/Zekrom, Fliptini, and Benchtini are self explanitory. Any advice would be greatly appreaciated.

---------- Post added 03/22/2012 at 10:58 PM ----------

I'm pleasently surprised at how many people have viewed this in about 7 hours. It's good to see that the list has gathered some interest.

---------- Post added 03/23/2012 at 02:54 PM ----------

By the way, I'll be using this deck on sunday at a tournament my friend organized. I'll let you guys know how well it works out.

I apologize, but I do need to revise the trainer/supporter list.
2 Cheren
1 PONT
1 Interviewer's Questions
2 Level Ball
2 Heavy Ball
3 Communication
2 Super Rod
2 Energy Search
2 Potion
2 EXP Share
1 Rocky Helmet

---------- Post added 03/25/2012 at 04:21 PM ----------

So, the tournament went reasonably well today. Won the first game fairly easily. Second was a challenging one against a Scolipede-Beartic deck, but came back and one by one prize card. The finals, however, I got crushed by a Toxic Tricks variant with Reshiram EX and Tornadus. Overall, it was a fun time, despite the lack of advertising on my friend's part.

Last edited:
I could still use some advice in regards to this deck. I know it could use some improvement, so some feedback would be great.

Most competitive decks run 12-14 energy, 10-18 pokemon and the rest trainers. By running more trainers, this lets them access the parts of the deck they need, when they need it. The most important aspect of this is using a lot of draw supporters so they can get a fresh set of cards every time. An example of that would be this:

4 PONT
4 Juniper
2 N

Another thing is pokemon lines. Most people abandoned the pyramid lines, 3-2, 2-1, or 3-2-1, in favor of straighter lines, 3-3, 2-2, and 3-2-3. This makes evolving much easier and more consistent. Hope this helped.

I'm glad you noticed Kibago. That's the system I typically use. However, I realize it's not the best format for competetive play.

If anyone else wants to give me advice on the deck, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm thinking of possibly adding another Volcarona and Raichu.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back