Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Bonus VG Nationals Tip of the Day - Testing Your Team

mysterioustrainer

"Mr. Scott, shall we give the Enterprise a proper shakedown?"
"Aye, I would say its time for that."
~Star Trek: The Motion Picture

So the time is drawing near to test your team for the Nationals Qualifer, you passed the test and you want to make sure your Pokemon can take on any team. Well if you need to give your team a good shakedown to root out any errors you may encounter then try these places first.

Battle Tower (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)
Battle Tower offers both single play and double play battles. So obviously pick double play battles and make sure you pick Open Level (or Level 100) to get the best feel to see what your opponent's may come up with. The disadvantage to playing in th Battle Tower is that you will not be able to time yourself very well, nor will you be able to play by the pick four out of six rule for each trainer you face. So try mutliple combinations of Pokemon and constantly test your team.

Battle Mode (Pokemon Colosseum)
Pokemon Colosseum offers the best place to test your team in the heat. Pokemon Colosseum has both the Tower Colosseum and Orre Colosseum to test your mentle along with the 100 Mt. Battle Challenge. Just make sure you select Double Battle before entering each mode. Also don't cheat and use the players guide for this because you wont be able to look at a players guide when you are fighting in J.A.A. will ya?

If you lose to any team see what happen and see how you can correct it. This may require teach your Pokemon a certain move, refixing your strategy, or just entirely replacing one or your entire team of Pokemon. Your dedication will determine if you can build a winning team. Good luck.

I did not mention the use of NetBattle as it is not an offical Pokemon game. While it is very simular in many respects. There is technically no guarentee to the accuracy of the Pokemon Video Game battle engine. However that is my opinion. I don't use Netbattle myself as I find it unecessary as you can't perfectly control how you are raising your Pokemon.

Last edited:
I do find it weird that netbattle could be considered wrong, but at the moment I actually prefer to battling the computer than on netbattle cause some of the people their are jerks, it can be boring, and I don't want someone to steal any awesome strategies I may come up with. :biggrin:

Another good point fantasy. Your team and strategies may be unique and you may want to keep them private. I am sure not revealing my team until I win a J.A.A. myself.

And as far as legality goes, Netbattle contains images, names, and other parts of the Pokemon games on their system for by law is considered violating copyrights even if they did built it pixel for pixel, bit by bit. Netbattle could be shut down if Pokemon ever wanted them to.

Now before you all start flaming me on this one, this is my personal opinion and say in the matter. I am not as adament about this as I am with game enanchers since obviously it has nothing linkable to the offical games. If you wish to use NetBattle as a resource be my guest. I just use my experience.

Last edited:
No but it could be. I recommend you carefully read my statements carefully before you make any more comments. There are many roms or other copyrighted material (both legal and illegal) and whatnot that have come and gone for many games that were simply ignored by the creators of such. I am only stating the facts from what I know.

what's netbattle anyways, i've never heard of that(I know there's a lot I never heard of:nonono:)

Yippee! Can't wait till I get emerald this thursday at the mall!:smile: One question though, Is this netbatlle program any good?

mysterioustrainer said:
Another good point fantasy. Your team and strategies may be unique and you may want to keep them private. I am sure not revealing my team until I win a J.A.A. myself.

Thank ya ^_^

Shiloh Phoenix said:
www.smogon.com download the netbattle program.

Mods: if it's illegal to post smogon links, just get rid of it, I don't care either way.

Well, you could've just used the "official" netbattle site anyway: http://www.tvsian.com/netbattle/ :thumb:

Alex said:
Yippee! Can't wait till I get emerald this thursday at the mall!:smile: One question though, Is this netbatlle program any good?

I mean, it's nothin' too fancy. There's no battle animations, just the sprites and stuff, and so it can get kind of boring... but it depends if you really wanna test your team out, as long as youre aware that someone could steal your strategy. Check the site above for screenshots and stuff. And cool about gettin' emerald! :clap:

Yes, the best players in the world. =/ Anyways, they are WAY better then the computers on Emerald or whatever so even if your team DOES get revealed it will probably be worth it. (besides it's not like every single person is going to the same JAA mall as you. :rolleyes:)

I'm going to have a wide array of dual water-types so I can be prepared for most situations!:biggrin:
hey wait, does battle tower give you Exp.points for battling there?

Back