Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Book 1: Darkness Revealed

JewelQuest

Yes, I am dropping JewelQuest for a while because I am bored of it..... This story is based on a story one of my sisters and I been telling together at night. Comments are appreciated, and I'll take criticism. So, I give you:

Book 1: Darkness Revealed[SIZE/][CENTER/]

Chapter 1[SIZE/][CENTER/]

Princess Sally Acorn(1) stood watching a machine, or pacifically watching the white screen on which black was blurred at the machine tried to make up it's mind. Sally was a tall young female. She had light brown fur, and long red hair. Her eyes shimmered blue. She also
wore a vest in which the right pocket rested a hand computer deemed 'Nicole'. The room in which she stood was not very large, but wasn't small either.
On her right, two desks sat, with a large computer on each. At one of the desks sat a young woman of 16 with shoulder-length red hair, and fair skin. She was hammering the keys of the keyboard with boredom. At the other desk sat her twin, except her hair was brown.
In front of Sally stood four tall machines, each with the white screens blurred with black, one on Sally's right and two on her left. In front of the one on her right stood a two tailed fox with yellow fur. He gazed at the blur with intention. The first to her left was a tall blue hedgehog who was tapping his foot, looking quite bored.
Sally placed her hand on her mouth to block the giggle that tried escape.
He glanced at her and gave her a small smile, and then turned around began to pace the room.
The last one was a dark hedgehog with red stripes on his quills. He glanced at the blue one and made an annoyed noise in his throat.
The red haired girl looked past her computer and giggled at the blue hedgehog's pacing. "Sonic, if you're bored, I can-"
Sonic(2) laughed. "Don't finish that sentence, Kairi. It sounds like trouble."
"He's got you there." Said the brown haired girl with a smile, still typing.
Kairi(3) stuck her tongue out at the girl and crossed her arms. "No one asked you, Shairi." She turned back toward the computer and gazed
grumpily at the screen.
Shairi(4) just smiled.
The black hedgehog sat down. "If that thing turns me into a Gallade.." He muttered. "....It's through."
Sally looked at him. "Like, bang, crash, boom, through? We've had Harry(5) put spells on it, so I wouldn't try it, Shadow."
Shadow(6) grunted something and glared at her. "If I am angry, that won't stop me."
Sonic laughed, "Whoa, Shadow, take a chill pill." He glanced at the yellow fox. "What do you think, Tails?"
Tails(7) started. "I have to agree with Sonic on this one." He said, after regaining his composure
Shadow wrestled with himself mentally for a moment. "Knew you'd side with Sonic." He said simply, and turned back to gaze at the machine.
Sally looked at Kairi. "So, we'll really be able to turn into a Pokemon?"
She said, feeling that she should strike up a conversation before Shadow got into a fight with Sonic.
Kairi seemed to feel the same way. "That's what they said. Your mission is to go into the Pokemon world to see it at a different angle, from a Pokemon's angle. You'll arrive at the Pokemon training school for Pokemon where you will learn your level, your attacks, and receive your Pokedexes, or transformers. You'll already have the card of the Pokemon you've turned into, but once you have your dex, you'll be able to transform into even more Pokemon." She sighed. "Why can't I go?" She
grumbled.
A sly smile slid up Shadow's face. "Easy, you're a hyper princess of light who dumps lemonade on people for fun."
Kairi looked like she might strangle Shadow, and but, with a lot of effort, strained herself to only saying, "Yeah, well you're a grump."
Shadow lost the smile and seemed to have no answer to that.
Shairi stood up. "You'll need theses." She handed the four animals each a belt. "Inside the right pocket is a radio for contacting us when you arrive. In the left is a transmitter so that we can track your position." She glanced at the machines. The black blur had stopped. "All we have to do now is to
wait for them to decide the Pokemon that you'll transform into."
Tails glanced at his, which now read in black letters, "Thinking". He sighed and pulled out a chair to sit down.
Sally sighed. "So, it picks out a Pokemon that matches our personalty and such?"
"Exactly." Said Kairi with a grin.
Shairi looked at her computer screen. "It's picked both Shadow's and Sonic's form, and is coming close to a conclusion on Sally. Tails...It's having a slight problem with the two tails."
Tails wiggled his tails and muttered something.
Sonic put his hand on Tail's shoulder. "Hey, cheer up. It'll pick something for you, something that'll be just right." He gave Tails a reassuring look.
Tails grinned. "Thanks, Sonic."
Shadow was stilling glaring at the machine in front of him. "It better not make me a Gallade." He said simply.
Sally and Sonic exchanged a glance. "You're still worried about that?" Said Sally, shaking her head, with the amine sweat-drop on the back of her
head.
"It's picked Sally's, and is working toward a conclusion on Tails." Said Kairi suddenly.
Everyone but Shadow, who was still glaring at the machine in front of him, turning to look at Tails's screen which said, "Almost done."
"It's done." Said Shairi as words crossed the machine's screen, "Finished." A door opened in each machine. "You'll be teleported as soon as your transformed. Good luck! Report back to us as soon as you can."
All four nodded and stepped into their the machines in front of them while Shairi and Kairi pounded on the keys of their keyboards.
Kairi waited anxiously until all machines said, "Transported successfully." Kairi walked over to them, and opened the first one, the one that Shadow had disappeared into. There was a piece of trodden on gum in there, but nothing else. She went into Sonic's, and found a cookie. She shook her
head with the amine sweat-drop on her head. She walked over to Sally's and found Nicole. "That's weird..." She muttered, picking it up. "Sally never goes anywhere without Nicole...." She came out and walked into Tails's, where there was a monkey wrench. She picked this up as well. She
walked out and headed to her desk.
Shairi looked anxious. "The transmitters are not responding."
Kairi, depositing Nicole and the monkey wrench on the space besides her wireless mouse. "They'll be fine. Those four know each other like the back of their own hands. And if the transmitters are broken, Tails'll fix them."
Shairi did not look assured. "Alright...I just hope that you are correct."

(1)From the comic series known Sonic the Hedgehog Archives. Daughter

of King Acorn. When her father is captured and Robotnik takes over

Mobius, she becomes leader of the resistance known as the Freedom

Fighters.

(2) Sonic appears in so many games, I am not going to mention them all.

(3)From the Kingdom Hearts series. Her behavior may not match the

games, as I have, uh, modified her over story telling with my family....

(4)A character made up by my sister, Shairi is Kairi's twin sister.

(5)Harry Potter, a wizard from a book series called Harry Potter.

(6)Shadow is a 'replica' of Sonic, and has an attitude problem. Not to

mention bad table manners.

(7)The mechanic of the group, and Sonic's "Sidekick" in the old

series.[SIZE/]

Back