Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Booster Box: Worth it or not?

Rocket_D

Hi People!

I'm a new collector/player of Pokemon TCG. I started by collecting the Jungle 1st ED. set, which I am done collection, including famous error cards from this set.

I have now decided to start playing more and buying more recent cards. I am a bit lost as to what I should spend money on to have more playable cards.

This is where I am conflicted. I did purchase a booster box from Plasma Storm and Plasma Freeze, along with numerous boosters of each expansion. I still had to buy singles to build my deck, which is now completed. Now, I am not sure if I want to buy a booster box or just the individual cards and such. I want to expend my options and be able to create decks from the Plasma sets.

This whole post might sound a bit confusing, I am sorry I am still new and need guidance.

Any suggestions? Any cards that I should buy from previous sets?? Should I invest in particular EXs?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Rocket_D

Most people say boxes are the most fun way to collect, but in the long run not the best way to invest your money. You'll have the occasional box that you make money on, but a majority of them you would have been way better off buying singles. If your looking to build a particular deck just buy singles but if you want to expand your collection and have some fun buy a box. Plasma blast is coming out tomorrow so that'd be a great time to buy a box

Most people say boxes are the most fun way to collect, but in the long run not the best way to invest your money. You'll have the occasional box that you make money on, but a majority of them you would have been way better off buying singles. If your looking to build a particular deck just buy singles but if you want to expand your collection and have some fun buy a box. Plasma blast is coming out tomorrow so that'd be a great time to buy a box

I already pre-ordered the Elite trainer box to get me started. I am not really looking to make money off of buying a booster box. What do you guys do with the extra cards? All the Commons, Uncommons and such? Plus any tips on must-have Exs or cards? Thanks so much for taking the time to reply!

I ordered a case of Plasma Blast. I would recommend getting the box. Opening boosters is always fun! Plus, it gives you trade cards for when you go to league or tournaments.

I started during base set and quit playing just after the Gym cards came out. I started playing again when I saw a prerelease for Plasma Freeze.

I ordered a case of Plasma Blast. I would recommend getting the box. Opening boosters is always fun! Plus, it gives you trade cards for when you go to league or tournaments.

I started during base set and quit playing just after the Gym cards came out. I started playing again when I saw a prerelease for Plasma Freeze.

Haha that sounds exactly like me! I did exactly the same thing but with Plasma Storm. I haven't gone to any events though. I guess I'm a bit shy. What kind of pull rates are you expecting out of your case?

Haha that sounds exactly like me! I did exactly the same thing but with Plasma Storm. I haven't gone to any events though. I guess I'm a bit shy. What kind of pull rates are you expecting out of your case?

Your best bet is to get a case, but those are expensive. If you're aiming for very specific cards for a deck, I'd buy singles. However, opening boxes are really really really fun. I often times end up buying singles and just buy us boxes to open to have some fun. Good way to randomly add cards to your collection for trade fodder and to have a good time. Plus, you can trade your bulk to people on here or sell it! :thumb:

I bought several boxes of Plasma Freeze. I averaged 2 full arts and about 6 total EX's are special rares per box.

You can get a case for $519.99 shipped.

Back