Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BPBD's grinder report (too good for worlds lol)

ok well since everyone else is doing one, i figured i'd do mine.....

well i woke up at around 4:00 am, not used to that time in the morning, it's usually my bed time, lol..... we go to the airport and i get my favorite CINNABON!!!! w00t w00t......... soon meg45 and his crew, scizorkid, nikepk, swanton, furiouszangoose show up so i get to at least chill with people besides newmie.... the flight down there wasn't bad, i think, i slept almost all of the 2 hour flight....... we get to the hotel and they don't have a reservation for us, which is rather upsetting, so i go into meg's room for a while and watch sportscenter while everyone get's the rooming arangement taken care of.......... finally i join the playtesting and registration for the upcoming grinder event that night, still groggy from my lack of sleep......

i kinda take this grinder semi-seriously as i had already talked to dave and meg45 and was told that i had a spot on the staff if i didn't make it into worlds....

I played niniken's rampage for any that care... sorry, these won't be too detailed as none of them lasted very long

round 1 vs ??? with metabyss
well i just got set up beautifully with bex and ko'd all of her gorebyss' and from there it wasn't too hard to beat meta's
1-0

round 2 vs ??? wiggly ex/safeguards
well my normal ninetails ate this up, i got 3 blaze and 2 ninetails out and just ran over it
2-0

round 3 vs greg dollar with metabyss
i don't start with dunsparce and he gets up gorebyss rather quickly, it was a back and forth match, but when i do SAR for some torchic with 4 prizes left, ALL REMAINING 3 are in my prizes......... at that point i just concede the match as my hand had 3 blaze, 2 busken, 2 candy...... not a pretty sight
2-1

round 4 vs ??? with blaze/ray
as most of u know, blaze/ray can't go toe to toe with niniken, i win without her taking a prize
3-1

round 5 vs Johnny Blaze w/ wobb and ???
i don't know what else johnny was playing as that's all i saw, i got stuck with a vulpix with no nrg and he turn 2 boosts it......... i was able to shaman and get a skitty, but 2 turns later he attachs and ko's the skitty.......
3-2

round 6 vs ??????
i really don't even remember this matchup, tho i know it was a short one, as it only lasted like 2 turns
4-2

well we check the pairings and the guy wants to ID with me, but my 2nd round opponent dropped and my first round went 1-6, so i had horrible tiebreakers...... so i'm forced to play him.......

round 7 vs ??? with metabyss
well i cut him to a GOD hand (1 sparce, 1 clamperl, 3 gorebyss, 1 furret, 1 psychic) i go first and fill my bench with SAR and he goes and draws a steven's, he SAR's and i go, attach and end my turn, he evolves everything and starts to smack me around, i shaman hoping to get something good, i draw a sparce and 3 nrg :( he get's a DRE and 2 steven's @_@....... shortly thereafter i bex and lose due to a ruins out.......
4-3

well i didn't make it but i became a score-runner/minor judge for the 11-14 and a judge for the prerelease the next day.....

MAD props go out to:
-DAVE SCHWIMMER (by far one of the coolest guys to know)
-PUI for throwin this little shindig
-chrisbo for being a cool HJ
-foreign kids for letting me pillage as they pillaged me lol
-meg45 and the whole STL crew
-all the people i met: freddy k (i lost u before i could give u the rest of that stuff), pablo (definitely the coolest mexican), mr. grass, BLIZZARD, lugiasrealm, and the rest of ya (too tired right now to think)
-ben for telling off newmie (i was ROFL)

MAD slops go to:
-expensive stinky TAXIS!
-expensive food (tho i know the rest of that story, thnx PUI)
-kids staring at me for 5 minutes since they don't speak english and i wanna know their name to record it...
-newmie for all of ur dumb comments u made
- PAT AND BEN for having me bust open that box at 6:30 in the morning when i didn't want to but didn't have the capacity to think it over

Last edited:
Hey good job with the 4-3 rank. I got screwed out of worlds invite in the gridner due to ID's with a 4-3 record and a 57.1%resistance. Ohh well.

Hope next year you do better

Hey I had a great time running score and trying to keep my eyes open during the prereleases. The Charcoal I mean steak we ate at on our excursion was an interesting experience as well needless to say Lugias_Realm isn’t going to be picking where we eat again. BTW did you ever get your signed Charmander? Because I didn’t.
BLiZ

hmmmmm

well

I'm sorry you didn't make the cut

but at least you got to sort of participate in the prerelease

so many replies

ulti- thnx for keepin it alive, lol

pat- AARRGGGG

ff- thnx, i feel ur pain

nightmare- sry, i didn't write anything down during the grinder

blizz- psyduck got them mailed to him, and whenever they show up i'll mail urs to u, but yeah, lugias has lost all privelages, lol

DUCK- hmm, i don't think we ever met, kids in my age knew better, all kids, foreign and domestic all know that 6'4" 280 is a force to be reckoned with, lol

whick- it's all good, i am more of a judge for limited anyways, becomin a judge more and more every day...... and yes, it was well worth it "hooray for 200 promo holo salamences" lol

Back