Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Brisbane Battle Roads: 1st Place Report.

pikachu*

The Week

I began the week thinking of what, i was going to be using at the Battle road. I thought i could use the fast attacking banette or the quick spreading Magmortar. In the middle of the week, i was told about arthmetic and i was thinking of using that, but i couldn't get the cards. So i gave up on that and decided that i would choose in the morning.

Early Morning

I was talking on MSN all night, so i was working off, about 2 hours of sleep, so i decided i would use Magmortar.

Round 1: Sam/Magmortar Vs Alan/Magmortar
Analysis: I went into this one knowing that it would be a hard game, considering that alan is using basically the same deck as me, except he was using delcatty instead of claydol. Working off this i was going into this match 50-50.

Game 1: I drew my opening hand, to get a magmar start... With nothing useful. I attached and attacked. He then use pachirisu to get completely set up. I then drew a baltoy, used tv reporter and got... nothing. So i attached and attacked. He then got 2 delcatty set up and abused energy draw. At this point i was thinking that i was going to lose. But thank the gods, i drew a claydol, Used Tv Reporter got a Magmortar and started to sweep. He got his magmortar and then attacked me back. This game kept going back and forward, but i narrowly took the win.

Game 2: This game i got a pefect set up and just swept him.

Good game Alan!
1-0 (2-0)

Narrowly Pulling the win... I was thinking i had made a bad choice of deck for the day. But i continued.

Round 2: Sam/Magmortar vs Shaun/Gardy Varient
Analysis: I went into this one thinking that i could win, knowing that he wasn't running gallade. But psychic Lock can cause alot of problems. I went into this one thinking that it was 55-45 in my favour.

Game 1: I got a perfect set up and just swept him.

Game 2: I got a horrible start, with magmar active and nothing else. I drew and got a baltoy (luckily) and then started to attack, He got me locked and i had trouble fighting back. I needed a fire energy to win the game, opening card... whiff, felicity's discard 2 and one the last card i got the fore energy

Good Game Shaun.
2-0 (4-0)

We got told that it would be a lunch break after this round, so i was desperate to get this match done quickly.

Round 3: Sam/Magmortar vs Johno/Dusknoir,Electrode.
Analysis: I went into this one, thinking that i would have trouble cause of the dusknoir making me only have 3 pokemon on the bench. Knowing that magmortar needs a big bench to set up, i went in thinking this would be a hard game.

Game 1: I got a reasonable start, Magmar Active, Baltoy on the bench and Claydol in hand. Then attached and 20'd his sentret. He drew and played a voltorb down. I drew play claydol used celios got a magmortar out, owned his sentret and began to sweep.

Game 2: I got a terrible start, My hand was 1 Torchic, 1 magmar, 3 rare candy's, a fire and a windstorm. So I started with torchic active, magmar on the bench. I burned him with singe and he got heaps of tails. Ending up knocking out his sentrets and voltorbs out. And then i got a blaziken out and beat him. So i won... somehow.

Good Game Johno.
3-0 (6-0)

So, it went to a lunch break, i went across the road and got some chips came back and ate them. After that pairings were called.

Round 4: Sam/Magmortar vs Jared/Empoleon
Analysis: I went into this one thinking i would lose.... Cities memories :(. So i went into this match... 30-70 in Jared's favor.

Game 1: i start this game with a magmortar, claydol, rare candy, fire, pachirsu, and blaziken pk and some other card. Jared won the heads/tails thingy so he went first. He drew and pachi'd for 3 Piplups. i was thinking ok... somethings up. I pachirisu'd as well for a baltoy, magmar and a torchic. He then drew evolved 2 baltoys in claydol. and then evolved all his piplups to prinplups. i was thikning dayam.... :eek:.. Looks like i am going to lose. So i continue, and ko all his claydols removing his draw supply. After that i had to take down the empos. It was a hard job... but somehow... i won.

Game 2: I got the usual start and cff'd for a baltoy, magmar and torchic. I got out a claydol the next turn and set up. he got out a early empoleon... i did 70 to it with pachirsu. I then warp'd him. Leveled up a Magmortar into the LvX and ko'd his empo and burned his baltoy.

Good Game Jared.
4-0 (8-0)

So i won. Somehow... after alot of lucky pulls i won after all those terrible hands. I got my prizes and my Victory Medal!

Props
Well Ran.
Victory Medal.
Hard Matches.
Gain like 10 Points lol.
Team Eeveelutions.
Peter (Drmario) for telling me to run Magmortar.
Peter For Being Peter.
Undefeated... Somehow.
Me Mum came 3rd.

Slops.
None.

Cheers,
~ Sam

Last edited:
Congrats,Sam. Like my report? Heheh.

You should really give your mum props for playing and finishing 3rd :)

Back