Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Broken PS3... Fixable?

toxictaipan

Hey, everyone. You might remember a few months ago when I asked about the pros and cons of PS3 vs. Xbox 360.

Well, I know someone who is selling a "dead" PS3 for $30, but I have no idea what's wrong with it. Is it possible that it could be repaired, and if so, how much would it generally cost? I'll see if I can get some more details on the system, but let me know what you think in the mean time.

Thanks,
toxictaipan

Take your friend and the PS3 to a Sony Store. They'd give you the estimate.

dont buy it lol it would most likley cost up to 100 dollars to fix it so i would just buy a new one. cuz even if you fix it, it might break again so ...

Hey, everyone. You might remember a few months ago when I asked about the pros and cons of PS3 vs. Xbox 360.

Well, I know someone who is selling a "dead" PS3 for $30, but I have no idea what's wrong with it. Is it possible that it could be repaired, and if so, how much would it generally cost? I'll see if I can get some more details on the system, but let me know what you think in the mean time.

Thanks,
toxictaipan

The only thing that can't be fixed with a PS3 is if the motherboard and/or CPU has a problem because they're linked to eachother and can't be replaced seperately. So if it's anything else then it can be fixed. As an example, my PS3 had the yellow light of death and had a dead power supply. That cost me $80 to fix at my local video game shop. And if the problem was only the yellow light then it would have only cost about $10 to get the parts to fix it and I could have fixed it myself. But in general if you fix a PS3 that has any kind of problem that stops it turning on then it'll only last another 1-3 months before you have to fix it again. Though you might always get lucky and have it last 6 or so months.

:/

Well, that sucks. If it won't last very long without breaking again after I fix it, I probably won't get it. Thanks for the help, though.

Back