Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Brookfield, WI CC Sat. 11/20!

Broken Lizard

Hello everyone. I've decided to get out front and offer our City Championship on the first available date!

Saturday, November 20th
Hobbytown USA
Brookfield, WI 53005
Doors Open at 10:00
Tournament begins at 11:00
Admission: FREE

PUI's prize support for each division in the event is:

1st place: 18 Boosters
2nd place: 9 Boosters
3/4th place: 4 Boosters

I will be providing additional prizes over and above the standard prize support. In fact, if there are at least 10 players in a division I will give out

DOUBLE THE PRIZES

That will make it:

1st place: 36 Boosters (1 Sealed Booster Box)
2nd place: 18 Boosters
3/4th place: 9 Boosters

That's right. Double the prizes you get everywhere else. And it's FREE.

This is a great way to kick off the new OP season and get a jumpstart on testing your latest RS-on Modified Decks!

Edit:
There will be a draft event to follow the main tournament. The entry cost for this side event is $10, and the prizes will be TRR, with some Dragon possible as well.

The venue for this event has seating for only 50 players. Please arrive on time to be sure you are able to play. We could have a few games running on the floor, but there are definitely limits to that. We have never had more than 36 players at any event here, but free admission has a way of bringing people out of the woodwork.

I will open registration as early as possible, which should be no later than 10:30. [/Edit]

Last edited:
How bout a Sealed event using the new starters (the ones with Blaze and Gardy in them) and the Worlds decks (which might or might not be out by then)? That'd be very fun...

Wicked awsome. I will be there. Dunno how many of my homies will tag along, though.

For a side event, how about finally trying out the GBA tourney? :p

bullados said:
How bout a Sealed event using the new starters (the ones with Blaze and Gardy in them) and the Worlds decks (which might or might not be out by then)? That'd be very fun...

The problem there would be the high cost of the product needed for the event. Add in prize costs, and the entry fee goes too high. We can do sealed with older theme decks though, if that interests people.

I personally favor a draft format (perhaps a Neo/EXP draft for old times sake. Prizes would be from Modified-legal sets.

HypnosProjectHQ said:
For a side event, how about finally trying out the GBA tourney?

I'm all for that! But, the only problem is that is exceptionally hard to get the word out to all potential players. I suppose I'd like to run a GBA event separately from the TCG events, on a different day. Maybe we should have a GBA tournament over Christmas break?

My main goal is to provide a side event that is fun and rewarding for ALL players!

If you ever want to run a GBA event then, alert me before anyone else because...
A. I know all the rules to official GBA events.
B. I thought of the idea for Brookfield in the first place.
C. I can help set up/run GBA stuff.
D. I can play and/or .... JUDGE! :)

LOL. ;)

Depending on public opinion, then maybe a 5 pack TRR/FRLG draft? That shouldn't be more than 15-20ish, right?

If you ever want to run a GBA event then, alert me before anyone else because...
A. I know all the rules to official GBA events.
B. I thought of the idea for Brookfield in the first place.
C. I can help set up/run GBA stuff.
D. I can play and/or .... JUDGE!

LOL.

The only problem I have with a GBA tournament is Gameshark/AR hacks. You can bet someone will come with a hacked team.

Thats what checking in is for. You check the team to make sure it hasn;t been sharked. There are quite a few obvious give aways.

36 days until the CC! :)

bullados said:
Depending on public opinion, then maybe a 5 pack TRR/FRLG draft? That shouldn't be more than 15-20ish, right?

For the side event, I am leaning toward drafting from older sets (Neo/EXP) and giving prizes from Modified-legal sets.

We could do a 5-pack Neo draft for $10. The prizes would not be huge, but I could probably make them TRR.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun, I should be able to make the trip up there for this tournament. A older draft would be totally "nostalgic" and would definately be fun.

Everyone is welcome at Brookfield!

We can hold our own against the competition (we sent 2 players to Worlds with invites after all) so we like it when people come in from other cities and states!

I'm glad to see a big crew from Chicago is coming. Tell Drakemere to bring a whole vanload from Iowa if he can!
:D

Last edited:
I will try to get a few more people from other states interested. I know a few people from MN would love to come but they need to get rides. Bring everyone you can!!!

Back