Brookfield, WI CC Sat. 11/20!

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by Broken Lizard, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Broken Lizard

Broken Lizard New Member

Hello everyone. I've decided to get out front and offer our City Championship on the first available date!

Saturday, November 20th
    Hobbytown USA
    Brookfield, WI 53005
    Doors Open at 10:00
    Tournament begins at 11:00
    Admission: FREE

PUI's prize support for each division in the event is:

1st place: 18 Boosters
    2nd place: 9 Boosters
    3/4th place: 4 Boosters

I will be providing additional prizes over and above the standard prize support. In fact, if there are at least 10 players in a division I will give out

DOUBLE THE PRIZES

That will make it:

1st place: 36 Boosters (1 Sealed Booster Box)
    2nd place: 18 Boosters
    3/4th place: 9 Boosters

That's right. Double the prizes you get everywhere else. And it's FREE.

This is a great way to kick off the new OP season and get a jumpstart on testing your latest RS-on Modified Decks!

Edit:
    There will be a draft event to follow the main tournament. The entry cost for this side event is $10, and the prizes will be TRR, with some Dragon possible as well.

The venue for this event has seating for only 50 players. Please arrive on time to be sure you are able to play. We could have a few games running on the floor, but there are definitely limits to that. We have never had more than 36 players at any event here, but free admission has a way of bringing people out of the woodwork.

I will open registration as early as possible, which should be no later than 10:30. [/Edit]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  2. menoknow

menoknow New Member

I'll be there--granted matt and eric go and take me with!

3. PokeWisconsin

PokeWisconsin New Member

Awesome!!! A booster draft would be just fine with me.

4. Rulemaster

Rulemaster New Member

That is AWESOME

5. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

How bout a Sealed event using the new starters (the ones with Blaze and Gardy in them) and the Worlds decks (which might or might not be out by then)? That'd be very fun...

6. HypnosProjectHQ

HypnosProjectHQ New Member

Wicked awsome. I will be there. Dunno how many of my homies will tag along, though.

For a side event, how about finally trying out the GBA tourney? :p

7. Broken Lizard

Broken Lizard New Member

The problem there would be the high cost of the product needed for the event. Add in prize costs, and the entry fee goes too high. We can do sealed with older theme decks though, if that interests people.

I personally favor a draft format (perhaps a Neo/EXP draft for old times sake. Prizes would be from Modified-legal sets.

I'm all for that! But, the only problem is that is exceptionally hard to get the word out to all potential players. I suppose I'd like to run a GBA event separately from the TCG events, on a different day. Maybe we should have a GBA tournament over Christmas break?

My main goal is to provide a side event that is fun and rewarding for ALL players!

8. HypnosProjectHQ

If you ever want to run a GBA event then, alert me before anyone else because...
    A. I know all the rules to official GBA events.
    B. I thought of the idea for Brookfield in the first place.
    C. I can help set up/run GBA stuff.
    D. I can play and/or .... JUDGE! :)

LOL. ;)

9. Rulemaster

Rulemaster New Member

i like the older draft format idea. would be fun and much cheaper than the new theme decks.

10. HypnosProjectHQ

Anything thats under $10 for me I can play in. I'd have to really doubt me playing in anything costing more than that.

11. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Depending on public opinion, then maybe a 5 pack TRR/FRLG draft? That shouldn't be more than 15-20ish, right?

12. PokeWisconsin

PokeWisconsin New Member

The only problem I have with a GBA tournament is Gameshark/AR hacks. You can bet someone will come with a hacked team.

13. HypnosProjectHQ

Thats what checking in is for. You check the team to make sure it hasn;t been sharked. There are quite a few obvious give aways.

36 days until the CC! :)

14. Broken Lizard

Broken Lizard New Member

For the side event, I am leaning toward drafting from older sets (Neo/EXP) and giving prizes from Modified-legal sets.

We could do a 5-pack Neo draft for $10. The prizes would not be huge, but I could probably make them TRR.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  15. ST Pika

ST Pika New Member

Sounds like fun, I should be able to make the trip up there for this tournament. A older draft would be totally "nostalgic" and would definately be fun.

16. HypnosProjectHQ

Also, from talking to Drackmere (Ames, Iowa's TO), he may be able to come down here for the City Champs. That would be ablsolutely awsome! :)

17. Broken Lizard

Broken Lizard New Member

Everyone is welcome at Brookfield!

We can hold our own against the competition (we sent 2 players to Worlds with invites after all) so we like it when people come in from other cities and states!

I'm glad to see a big crew from Chicago is coming. Tell Drakemere to bring a whole vanload from Iowa if he can!
    :D

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  18. HypnosProjectHQ

Alrighty. I doubt it, but I'll ask. Hopefully, this will be the.... BEST. TOURNAMENT. EVER. Now that would make for a good poll. lol

19. Rulemaster

Rulemaster New Member

It is sounding like it will be huge...only 1 month away!

20. PokeWisconsin

PokeWisconsin New Member

I will try to get a few more people from other states interested. I know a few people from MN would love to come but they need to get rides. Bring everyone you can!!!