Brookfield, WI Gym Challenge Sat. 6/25!

Broken Lizard

Brookfield is hosting a Gym Challenge!

Saturday, June 25th 2005
Knights of Columbus Meeting Hall
4700 N. 145th St.
Brookfield, WI 53005
Doors open at 11:00; first round starts at 12:00 noon

After giving it a lot of thought and discussion with a number of players, I have decided that the side event will be Theme Deck Sealed, 2-on-2 (single player, 2 active Pokémon).

Each player will get a sealed theme deck (vintage) and 2 boosters of Legendary Collections. (If you remember that SET , then you're a vet!)

Theme decks will be assigned randomly.

We have:

Jungle Decks: Water Blast (F/W) and Power Reserve (P/G)

Fossil Decks: Bodyguard (G/F) and Lockdown (W/R)

Team Rocket Decks: Trouble (P/G) and Devastation (G/W) *

Base Set 2 Decks: Lightning Bug (L/G), Hot Water (R/W), Psych Out (P/W), and 2-Player Starter Decks (F/W)

* Team Rocket decks will come with 2 Team Rocket Boosters instead of Legendary Collection Boosters.

A list of theme deck contents can be found at Pokébeach.

This event will be sanctioned under Limited 2-on-2 Fun Format Rules.

This should be a nice, low-pressure event that requires no prior experience or preparation. It will be perfect for the younger players and fun for all ages. The event will run concurrently with the top 8 playoffs.

The cost will be $10, and prizes will be EMERALD boosters.
:biggrin:

Last edited:
Naice. That makes 2 that I might be able to go to. Congrats on getting one! Now, just gotta get my deck ready for this...

Of course I'll be there. This time I'm not gonna flop 100% guaranteed. My life's been too miserable lately. Its about time something good happens for me.

I'd love any sort of Limited, anything I can get Limited, anything at all. How bout a 2v2 draft, or even a theme deck challange 2v2? That'd be fun...

CHARIZARDMASTERTRAINER said:
I hope to go, Im only waiting word of whether I get hired for this cool job, wish me luck guys....hopefully they dont make me work on that date!!!!

See ya​

You ask for luck, you shall recieve. Best of luck to you!

Also, Abe, don't you love my promotion of Team Wisconsin in my signiture? Its Hyp Siggy v3.0! :cool:

yea yea. New sig, same trash. TC and TI took 3 out of 4 in all the T4s in Regionals, won all 3 age groups, and will do the same at Pastimes, and again at Brookfield.

Psht. I'm not going down so easily this next time - especially by you, Ryan. Last weekend was a fluke for certain. It was the start of my long list of things that went wrong, so I'm ready to say that it wasn't supposed to go that way.

Also, please note that it says EVENTUALLY. That doesn't specify Niles on the 12th or Brookfield on the 25th. However, if it is up to me, Brookfield, Manitowoc, and/or Niles will be mine to claim!

now ryan is talking crud. ryan what was your record on saturday? me and my bro made T16, he made T8. Pooka T4. Menoknow had the same record i did but missed on resistance. your team still has a lot more players than us, but still we seem to be doing well. are you including chuck and ness on your team?

Chuck and Ness are SOTG team... that's seperate from TIY or Team Chicago...

Since at this tournament I'll be another year older... (bday on June 20)... I'll have to put that age wisdom to good use before I take to the streets in Tulsa...

How about a weird format that really isnt out...how about an advanced modified format? (just a rought guess at the next modified) Ive heard more FR/LG on so how about FR/LG on make it a challenge.

~Mr. T~

Back