Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Brookfield, WI HL Prerelease 6/5!

Broken Lizard

I'm happy to announce that my league members will no longer have to drive nearly 2 hours to the closest prerelease, because we're having one here! :D

Hobbytown USA
17115-C Bluemound Rd.
Brookfield, WI 53005
262-782-4332

The entry fee is the standard $15. Doors open at 10 A.M., and the tourney begins at 11:00.

There will be many EXTRA PRIZES (booster packs, WotC promos and more). If attendance reaches 50 players, I'll give away a BLAZIKEN EX card to a random participant, so bring your friends!

I'll be happy to run side events if time and attendance allow. I have plenty of product on hand for drafts and theme deck sealed tounaments. We could even run an Unlimted side event, just for kicks!

Last edited:
Hey Jared,
Same day as IL? I would have loved to have gone other wise. To those who can go I highly recomend his hybred tourneys.

Heh. I'll come before I'm square, that is for sure.

I am adding this tournament information to the league website right now (I'm also adding decks to the database which should be fully operational as of this weekend, and I'm adding a hit counter).

And a note to all who have never attended one of the Lizard's (Jared's) tournaments, they are the cleanest, most organized, events with zero flaws. They are always smooth. We have a decent player base here as well. Come to play! ;)

Last edited:
Heh. Maybe. :rolleyes:

Then again, maybe not! We've had close to 40 players at local tourneys here in the past, with much smaller prize structures.

I know we'll top the 22 players you had at the Sandstorm Prerelease, 9 of whom were from MY league... ;)

My preference would have been to avoid a conflict with Chicago, but that isn't possible.

I will come if i can, sounds awesome. i may stop in this week and see whats up. good to see a prerelease come to the home town.

Yay! Thats always good to hear! Does this mean that some of our other veteran players may be coming back too?

My cousin and I should be there. Cody won't make it though because he won't have that amount of cash by that time (he still owes me $10).

Sealed is my favorite format, so I'll try to make it.

There is no reason why we can't get 50+ people to attend. I know that a lot of the Chicago players don't want to drive, but I drive down there for tourneys and it's not that bad.

We're set to go!

Make sure you bring all those friends who've always wanted to play in tournies!

You KNOW you want the BLAZIKEN EX!

Very good. I had the fortune of getting a Wiggly EX and a Dark Celebi in the same pack. Anyway, here's my deck:

Pokemon: 15
2x Beldum (54/101)
2x Metang (44/101)
2x Vulpix
1x Ninetales
2x Plusle
1x Minun
1x Chimeco
1x Chinchou (57/101)
1x Lanturn
1x Jigglypuff
1x Wigglytuff EX

Trainers: 2
2x Life Herb

Energy: 23
10x Lightning
7x Fire
6x Psychic

Round one vs: (you guys are going to have to help me with this)
My Ninetales neutralizes His Ninetales EX.

1-0

Round 2:
I don't even remember what happens here.

2-0

Round 3:
This match featured some great strategy on the part of both players, but in the end my opponent can't power up his Ninetales EX and retreat his Heracross in the same turn.

3-0

Round 4 Vs. The lone 10- player

Wiggly gets it going and doesn't stop.

4-0

Round 5:

Ug, we both play it very hard, but it doesn't work out for me.

4-1

Round 6:

I get nothing but energy.

4-2

After the round, I find out that there are four players in 15+ tied at 4-2. Much to my surprise, I find out I am at the top. This is absolutely wonderful, as I never win. Thus, I have fulfilled the following prophecy:

http://pokewatch.nick15.com/cscomedy/015_NR.jpg

Hope to see some of you next weekend.

-Yoshi

HypnosProjectHQ said:
Ugh... why can't you ever remember me!?! HYPNOS! HYPNOS!

Because I'm horrible with names. If I didn't have their names on the release forms, I'd forget who I was interviewing for PIRN.

Wow...so much for topping our all-mighty 22 person Sandstorm prererelease.

Can't say we did much better though, 16. Kindy funny cause I thought you would have gotten more on account of having some of our players go up there.

Back