Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Bucks Training, Plus Power and Raichu level X

revdjweb

On the turn that Raichu levels up and becomes Raichu level X would any plus powers, and/or if bucks training had been played that turn, apply to BOTH of Raichu level X's attacks?

Both are Discarded at the end of your turn, so, yes, both would remain through both attacks.

Of course, thats not on official ruling, but my guess is that, based on the wording of the two cards, that thats almost positivly the answer ^_-

One thing comes to my mind:
If the Active is KO'd by the first attack for 90 damage, will the opponent get his new active in before I get to hit another for 90 damage? Lol.

Both are Discarded at the end of your turn, so, yes, both would remain through both attacks.

Of course, thats not on official ruling, but my guess is that, based on the wording of the two cards, that thats almost positivly the answer ^_-

Sounds right to me.

One thing comes to my mind:
If the Active is KO'd by the first attack for 90 damage, will the opponent get his new active in before I get to hit another for 90 damage? Lol.

I think not. Both attacks should happen in the same attack phase, so unless its ruled that each attack has its own specific attack phase, a new active isnt brought up until the end of the phase.

...If that is the case, that would also mean if the first attack Knocks Out the active, then you would not be able to get any boost from Plus Power, because all of the remaining Pokemon would be on the bench, correct?

my opinion:

Raichu lvel X announces it's attack. You discard two energy and attack an opponents active to ko it. It reamins active, and you announce raichu's attack again. You discard two energy from your hand and hit an opponents benched pokemon for the ko. Both pokemon are discarded simultaneously, you draw two prizes, and the opponent sends up their next pokemon.

...If that is the case, that would also mean if the first attack Knocks Out the active, then you would not be able to get any boost from Plus Power, because all of the remaining Pokemon would be on the bench, correct?

That would be correct.

Now, if you were unable to KO the active with the first attack, the second attack would still get the effects. This limits the usefulness of the combo, yes, but dude. 2 Claydols->0 Claydols in one turn? Yes please!

everyone assumes that both attacks are going to be the level x's voltage shoot but honestly, how often are you going to have 4 lightning energy to discard? i see the pluspower/bucks thing being far more useful with slash, raichu's energyless attack. 60-160 damage in one turn with no energy attached to the attacking pokemon? yes please! meanwhile you charge someone on the bench... anyhow, slash plus just one bucks or pluspower means a one turn KO for kingdra.

Slash is cool, but you cannot, Cannot, CANNOT disregard the ability to destroy both of your opponents Claydols in one turn.

i dont disagree mr shuckle, but i think that with the addition of the new mismagius and the ubitquious presence of dusknoir that benches are suddenly going to get smaller again in a hurry.

i dont disagree mr shuckle, but i think that with the addition of the new mismagius and the ubitquious presence of dusknoir that benches are suddenly going to get smaller again in a hurry.

which is terrible news for AMU. *Cries*

-Jason
:)dark::colorless20)

Actually Jason I think it is largely a myth that Dusknoir 'kills' AMU. I played AMU saturday and in two matches my opponents got out an early effective (meaning I had 4+ on the bench) Dusknoir. Guess what? I won both matches and went on to win BRs. And these weren't scrub players but Daniel Z. and Keegan C., both top 10 players in Oregon.

amu can live with a 3 bench, but it does lose alot. those well placed Mespirit drops can mean a game, and an Uxie here and there keeps your hand in a happy place. Not to mention techs of your own like Palkia X or Mewtwo X having to be shunted to the side.

everyone assumes that both attacks are going to be the level x's voltage shoot but honestly, how often are you going to have 4 lightning energy to discard? i see the pluspower/bucks thing being far more useful with slash, raichu's energyless attack. 60-160 damage in one turn with no energy attached to the attacking pokemon? yes please! meanwhile you charge someone on the bench... anyhow, slash plus just one bucks or pluspower means a one turn KO for kingdra.

Please read the Body again.
Poke-Body: Chain Lightning
If this Pokemon uses Voltage Shoot on the turn it Levels Up, afterward this Pokemon can attack 1 additional time (and only once). This Body stops working it this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.
The first attack has to be Voltage Shoot. Means, it also needs three energy attached to it and there is no reason to use an energyless attack as the second shot. Besides, Raichu Lv.X should be played with Raichu MT because it can charge up T2 from the deck, you keep your lightning energies at your hand and can double shot T3.

btw two Claydols at your opponent's side happen, has long as you don't play Dusknoir. There won't be many Raichu decks with Dusknoir tech I think... except you play Stage 2 anyway and have some space left.

oops you're right, though that pokebody is worded/translated very strangely. first it's a pokebody which can be turned off by a special condition and second, since it only works on the turn on levels up what are the odds of it being affected by a special condition (unless you manage to inflict it yourself).

oops you're right, though that pokebody is worded/translated very strangely. first it's a pokebody which can be turned off by a special condition and second, since it only works on the turn on levels up what are the odds of it being affected by a special condition (unless you manage to inflict it yourself).
Burned with Heatran Lv.X in play or poisoned with Toxicroak MT in play... but yes, this should happen very rarely.

Back