Buying a box of expansion cards?

Discussion in 'Collecting and Card Price Discussion' started by luka84, Oct 20, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. luka84

luka84 New Member

Hi there, I've been cruising the forums and people are recommending spending money on the newer expansion packs: Mysterious Treasures and Secret Wonders.

What should one reasonably expect to pay for a box of these cards? (I'm an Australian forum user) And generally, does sourcing them from the internet mean cheaper prices?

I have a constant problem of sourcing actual cards in my area of Brisbane. So some information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jason

Jason New Member

Dude, its cheaper to get stuff online than in retails store.

$160AUD is pretty high so thats why you can get it online for as low as $110AUD... if you want to get SW booster boxes on ebay, i suggest you preorder right now since the rates are pretty good at the moment which means if you are quick enough, the chances is yyou will get a box AS LOW AS $100AUD.

If you need any cards like trainers, just let me know via PM - i have heaps.

Cheers

Jason.

*I am also from Brisbane too*

3. luka84

luka84 New Member

Thanks for the information.

So, ordering them off e-Bay is pretty common?

Thanks for the price-ranges too. I'll definately keep that in mind.

4. Jason

Jason New Member

It is common for international users since it is mostly cheaper in many ways.

5. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Active Member

I hate to sound like an advertiser, but I'd recommend my local card store, (we don't need to post links to other sites here.)

They sell boxes for around AUD$100, and they do ship internationally. I believe Pokemon is their second best seller, so they are always well stocked.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2007
  6. Jason

Jason New Member

$100aud shipped EACH? is that what your store do?

7. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Active Member

I don't follow your comment.

The boxes are USD$90 (AUD$100), plus shipping. Don't know how much international shipping costs. But the box price is about as good as it gets. And you don't have to screw with eBay.

8. luka84

luka84 New Member

Thanks a lot there Chairman Kaga. I like the customer service on the website too, very friendly atmosphere. And the price is great too!!

I better start saving. I appreciate the information, advertising aside - of course!