4 Eviolite
4 Switch
4 Pokemon Catcher

4 DCE
9 Fighting Energy

Translations:

Terrakion-EX – Fighting – HP180
Basic Pokemon

[F][C] Rock Tumble: 50 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Resistance.
[F][F][C] Pump Smash: 90 damage. Choose 2 Basic Energy cards from your hand, then attach them to your Benched Pokemon in any way you like.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Gigalith – Fighting – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Boldore

[F][C][C] Revenge Cannon: 10+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each damage counter on all of your Benched Pokemon.
[F][F][C][C] Reckless Charge: 120 damage. This Pokemon does 40 damage to itself.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4

Ultra Ball - Trainer

This card can’t be used unless you discard 2 cards from your hand.

Choose 1 Pokemon card from your deck, show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

Random Receiver – Trainer’s Goods

Reveal cards from 1 at a time from the top of your deck, show the first Support card you find to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Then, return the revealed cards to your deck and shuffle your deck.

You can use any number of Goods cards during your turn.

This deck relies on Terrakion-EX's Pump Smash to attach energy quickly to Mewtwo-EX and Regigigas-EX, both of whom are great for attacking. Gigalith can be used for revenge cannon after the bigger EXs take damage, sort of as a weaker raging hammer if need be. Terrakion's Revenge can be powered up after one pump smash, and may be able to score an extra prize or two with revenge.

Last edited:
This is not the best deck it can be, I know it isn't. Even just a little advice would be helpful here...

would cilan help to get energies? Tool Scrapper to get rid of the other guy's tools? Are Eviolites no longer useful because of Tool Scrapper? What about pluspower, necessary, or not?

I'm just looking for something other than dead silence here, 105 views as I post this, and not one response.

I apologize if I'm not allowed to bump this twice, this will be the last time.

I would appreciate any outside input whatsoever positive or negative, I don't care. I would just like some help on this idea I had that I thought would be cool to try out, is that too much to ask?

Excuse me if this doesn't seem helpful, I'm still a bit of a noob.
I really don't like Gigalith. It's a Stage 2 with only 140 HP, mediocre attacks, and a massive retreat cost. I envision it being Catchered and OHKOd by an EX who can hit for 150 without a Pluspower while it waits on the bench.
I do like Terrakion EX though, I can see him becoming extremely popular if Zekeels is still as prominent when DB/DB is released in the US.

Excuse me if this doesn't seem helpful, I'm still a bit of a noob.
I really don't like Gigalith. It's a Stage 2 with only 140 HP, mediocre attacks, and a massive retreat cost. I envision it being Catchered and OHKOd by an EX who can hit for 150 without a Pluspower while it waits on the bench.
I do like Terrakion EX though, I can see him becoming extremely popular if Zekeels is still as prominent when DB/DB is released in the US.

I was wondering myself about Gigalith's adequacy. Yes, he is a stage 2, and one vulnerable to the more powerful EXs, but I thought it to be the best choice. Revenge cannon is a very helpful move, but I understand that it may not be worth it. What would be a better use of the deck space? This question is to any viewer, not just bromaster.

Maybe Landorus/Shaymin to get energy out of the discard and redistribute in the mid to late game?

If you wanted to go the other way and build a deck around the Gigalith, I'd match it up with Donphan and Landorus so that you are deliberately powering up revenge cannon with damage on your own Pokemon.

Just saw you are going BW-on, so obviously some of this won't fit but there you go anyway.

I was wondering myself about Gigalith's adequacy. Yes, he is a stage 2, and one vulnerable to the more powerful EXs, but I thought it to be the best choice. Revenge cannon is a very helpful move, but I understand that it may not be worth it. What would be a better use of the deck space? This question is to any viewer, not just bromaster.

Personally, this is what I'd do:
Out: 17
- 2-2-2 Gigalith
- 2 Rare Candy
- 1 Switch
- 3 Ultra Ball
- 1 Heavy Ball
- 3 Cheren
- 1 Eviolite

In:
+ 4 Pokemon Communication
+ 1 Terrakion EX
+ 1 Tornadus EX
+ 2 Landorus
+ 2 Fighting Energy
+ 1 Super Rod

Other things I'd suggest if you were doing other than BW-On
+ 3 Pokemon Collector (If you were doing HGSS-On rather than BW-On)
+ 3/4 Junk Arm (Again, HGSS-On)
+ 2/3/4 Sage's Training

I'm not sure what else I'd put in as far as BW-On is concerned, but those are my suggestions for some stuff to put in.

Maybe Landorus/Shaymin to get energy out of the discard and redistribute in the mid to late game?

If you wanted to go the other way and build a deck around the Gigalith, I'd match it up with Donphan and Landorus so that you are deliberately powering up revenge cannon with damage on your own Pokemon.

Just saw you are going BW-on, so obviously some of this won't fit but there you go anyway.

As you said, BW-on is probably the safe way to go. By the time we get DBDB, the HS block will likely be gone. Gigalith is a bad choice, just inexperience and stupidity on my part. Landorus is an idea, but frankly I don't think it would do too good. Thanks again for the input, but I think Gigalith just isn't good enough.

---------- Post added 04/19/2012 at 06:16 PM ----------

Personally, this is what I'd do:
Out: 17
- 2-2-2 Gigalith
- 2 Rare Candy
- 1 Switch
- 3 Ultra Ball
- 1 Heavy Ball
- 3 Cheren
- 1 Eviolite

In:
+ 4 Pokemon Communication
+ 1 Terrakion EX
+ 1 Tornadus EX
+ 2 Landorus
+ 2 Fighting Energy
+ 1 Super Rod

Other things I'd suggest if you were doing other than BW-On
+ 3 Pokemon Collector (If you were doing HGSS-On rather than BW-On)
+ 3/4 Junk Arm (Again, HGSS-On)
+ 2/3/4 Sage's Training

I'm not sure what else I'd put in as far as BW-On is concerned, but those are my suggestions for some stuff to put in.

This all looks good, but I do have a couple of questions to clear up. First is about Tornadus-EX. I'm sorry, but I fail to see what is so great about him. I mean, doing 60 for [C][C] is awesome, but you need a stadium for that. I don't really have any in this deck. The other attack just does 100 for [C][C][C], which is also good, but there is the drawback of a discarded energy with the flip of tails, and Gigas almost matches the damage. It's definetely a good card, and I'll be sure to include one if it can make a good difference, but I would just like to hear why to include 1 copy unless its insanely awesome.

the 4 communications might be difficult to pull off as you need a pokemon every time you use one, but might be a good addition.

another concern is about the EX count. There are 8 of them. Granted, they are amazing and great, but the trouble here is that they need so much energy to attack, and more often then not, I'll be forced to start with one. 2/3 of the Pokemon in the deck are EX, and that means just 3 KOs for my opponent to win. Isn't that a it dangerous? Especially when Gigas is OHKO'd by Terrakion, Terrakion-EX, and almost killed by Landorus. Mewtwo also is resisted by zoroark and Darkrai, Tyranitar, even though he's still awesome. The speed is the main thing I'm worried about. Terrakion-EX takes 3 turns to prepare energy for, and he's required if I don't want to be attaching a terrible 1 energy per turn the entire game. I'm doubtful as to whether it can keep up with other extremely fast decks. Is this deck good enough to build when the cards come out, or is it doomed to fail in this crazy fast format? I'll ask again, is it good enough?

tl;dr : Why is Tornadus-EX necessary? he's a good card, but will he be worth it? Is having 8 EXs in one deck too dangerous? Is this deck fast enough to be competitive at all? How can speed be improved? and lastly, Will building this deck when the cards enough be worth it?

You guys are so much better at this game than I am :redface:

I guess 7 1/2 years still haven't gotten me anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back