Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW51, BW58, BW59 promos

Maverick Nate

Has anyone seen any new products lately that contain these guys? BW52 was that repack Lillipup promo, so I'm thinking BW51 might be some sort of random repack promotion as well, but I haven't seen any new products hit the stores lately. I also have a feeling that BW58 and BW59 were the two promotional black and white kyurem boxes that were cancelled, but we might not ever see those... However, since we haven't actually seen these actual cards, we may never know. Anyone have any ideas?

Having more BW sets doesn't really explain why there's holes in the promo lists though. Especially BW51 when we have BW52-57 and BW60 revealed. D:

As an aside, I find it fascinating that the Japanese promos are about to crest 200, while our highest known promo is 60.

Plus the Japanese ones are more like actual promotional cards, being found in clothing stores/pizza takeaways/magazines, they don't just need 200 blister/tins/boxes.

Or Japan is just a country where doing promotions like that is more beneficial because it's much smaller than the US but still very densely populated. Heck, a lot of the time half the country never even sees the promos that were ACTUALLY released here. Like the phantom Elgyem and Pikachu promos that haven't appeared in a lot of places.

In Japan, Pikachu is more recognizable than Mickey Mouse. Pokemon is a national treasure. It is still as huge as in 1998-2000 in Japan.

Right, meaning Pokemon gets way more love over there to have more giveaways/events

Or Japan is just a country where doing promotions like that is more beneficial because it's much smaller than the US but still very densely populated. Heck, a lot of the time half the country never even sees the promos that were ACTUALLY released here. Like the phantom Elgyem and Pikachu promos that haven't appeared in a lot of places.

You thi k that would be the case if pokemon was still as huge as it was in 98-2k?

In Japan, Pikachu is more recognizable than Mickey Mouse. Pokemon is a national treasure. It is still as huge as in 1998-2000 in Japan.

Are you being intentionally obtuse? Clearly I meant IN AMERICA... You know.. since I was talking about how much love it gets in Japan vs here and all...

No, I'm just saying that the size of the United States makes it logistically harder to release promos in anything other tins and blisters. And half the time we even have trouble getting the blisters out everywhere. The Japanese-style pizza and clothing company promos would flop SO hard here because the US just doesn't work like Japan does.

Sorry frost, my last post was to Wayne. To you I was just saying, do you think they would at least try it if pokemon were still huge.

I think Pokemon is still pretty big if its getting into McDonald's Happy Meals and the games are selling millions of copies and stuff. But Japan just has a lot of different promo strategies that work well there that wouldn't here. A lot of promos are given away in packs at Leagues - we were kind of doing that for awhile with POP promo packs, but they stopped doing them for whatever reason. Other promos are given away at the Japanese Pokemon Centers, when the only Pokemon Center in America as far as I know is hidden within the Nintendo World in NYC, or when you buy booster boxes in stores which is definitely something that doesn't really happen as much in the States. They could probably get away with doing some sort of promo giveaway with Domino's like Japan did (if Domino's were willing, of course) but something like the Uniqlo promos would be silly to try here because fashion and Pokemon don't really have the same demographics.

Back