Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW70-72 is Virizion, Terrakion and Cobalion. What's missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnUnown

These came in the Legends of Justice box I picked up. So with Jigglypuff, Ninetales and Ampharos being 65-67, we're missing 58,59,68 and 69.

With the tins coming up, I can see the two Kyurems and then there's Keldeo... That's 3, so what's the fourth?

[gal=54455]Virizion BW70[/gal]
[gal=54456]Terrakion BW71[/gal]
[gal=54457]Cobalion BW72[/gal]

*edit* think I got this gallery thing down...

Last edited:
The tins won't be any of those numbers. They will be in number succession and since those are both group of numbers, you'll find they will be higher than those. We will be most likely starting a new promo series before the end of year that is XY001, but those 4 cards are probably something OTHER than the tin promos.

Drew

I'd hazard the guess that BW58-59 are the two Meloetta promos that come with the tins and BW68-69 are the Black/White Kyurem Box promos, or vice versa. Either way the Meloetta promos will be separated from the WK/BK/Keldeo-EX promos when they come in the same tins, which is odd...

ETA: Also the tin promos themselves are BW61 (Keldeo), BW62 (BK) and BW63 (WK).

Last edited:
I'd forgotten about the meloettas. Are those going to be the shiny collection ones with round?

Also it might be odd if the kyurems are numbered together and keldeo is off on his own considering the tins come out simultaneously

*edit I'd forgotten were still missing 61-63. You're probably right

The Meloettas will be BW 68 and 69. They are listed on Swedish ebay, just wish the seller could list some unopened tins so I could see what packs are in those tins :p

I'd hazard the guess that BW58-59 are the two Meloetta promos that come with the tins and BW68-69 are the Black/White Kyurem Box promos, or vice versa. Either way the Meloetta promos will be separated from the WK/BK/Keldeo-EX promos when they come in the same tins, which is odd...

ETA: Also the tin promos themselves are BW61 (Keldeo), BW62 (BK) and BW63 (WK).

Yes, yes. My reasoning is because the international tins aren't all coming with the Meloetta promos, so it seems to me they were an afterthought for the English only after further promos had been established.

For example, Spain's Tins are out. This can happen because Spain just got Boundaries Crossed February 1st, and the three tin reprints are from that set, giving them cheap alternatives from the get go. The tins include different products over there (1 promo, 2 next destinies packs, and 1 noble victories), so they didn't have to worry about having Plasma storm printed and put in the tins, like we do.

Virizion and Cobalion are actually pretty good cards.

Virizion hits Keldeo AND Darkrai for a pretty good number. It would make for good Pokedex/Ether candidate. It also gets SAB and Water Resistance.

Cobalion also hits Darkrai, it's Heavy Ball accessible, and is protected by Plasmaklang.

I think I'll play around with these guys.

Virizion and Cobalion are actually pretty good cards.

Virizion hits Keldeo AND Darkrai for a pretty good number. It would make for good Pokedex/Ether candidate. It also gets SAB and Water Resistance.

Cobalion also hits Darkrai, it's Heavy Ball accessible, and is protected by Plasmaklang.

I think I'll play around with these guys.

A bit generous. Virizion fails to OHKO Keldeo EX without an assist even if you get "heads" for its attack. The format demands a reliable 70 points of damage with a good effect, and preferably 90 so that you score a OHKO at least against Weakness. Still, hitting Darkrai EX harder and a guaranteed OHKO against Sableye without resorting to Hypnotoxic Laser is nice.

Cobalion might have a chance if Shift Gear/Plasma Steel decks don't fail, but probably not given what those decks really need are inexpensive attackers. Forgive me if this sounds like nitpicking, but instead of "pretty good" I would say "kind of" good, or "almost" good, because they really aren't too terribly far off. Pity they don't get the damage bonus for a Pokémon having a source of :dark: Energy attached!

Okay, the seller that had the Meloetta Promos have put up the Tins, but he didn't show any pictures of the accural content,. It seams to be 1 Plasma Storm and 1 Boundaries crossed and then 2 Next destinies OR Dragons exslted..

He seams to have messed up a bit.. He have one auction with one tin were it says: 1 Plasma Storm, 1 Bc, 2 Dragons exalted. But then he list one auction with 3 tins were he states that there is 12 BW boosters in (all 3) including 6 next destinies..

But at least it will be all EX sets.. I hope its Dragons exalted, but I think Next Destinies might be more likely?

A bit generous. Virizion fails to OHKO Keldeo EX without an assist even if you get "heads" for its attack. The format demands a reliable 70 points of damage with a good effect, and preferably 90 so that you score a OHKO at least against Weakness. Still, hitting Darkrai EX harder and a guaranteed OHKO against Sableye without resorting to Hypnotoxic Laser is nice.

Cobalion might have a chance if Shift Gear/Plasma Steel decks don't fail, but probably not given what those decks really need are inexpensive attackers. Forgive me if this sounds like nitpicking, but instead of "pretty good" I would say "kind of" good, or "almost" good, because they really aren't too terribly far off. Pity they don't get the damage bonus for a Pokémon having a source of :dark: Energy attached!

Never said "OHKO", i said "pretty good number". Yeah Virizion needs some assist but at least it has potential, and to me that's all that matters. It won't be staple of course but at least a good 1-of tech. Same goes for Cobalion.

Never said "OHKO", i said "pretty good number".

Unfortunately those are pretty much synonyms right now.

Yeah Virizion needs some assist but at least it has potential, and to me that's all that matters. It won't be staple of course but at least a good 1-of tech. Same goes for Cobalion.

You have not presented a case for making it a good one-of card; that was my point. It needs too much support to be an adequate counter for say, Keldeo EX if you want to exploit Weakness and it is no where near good enough to run just to hit :dark: Pokémon extra hard. :frown:

These cards all blow lol. Just because they are new doesnt make them good or even promising. The 50+ against Dark doesnt make much of a difference since all of them require high costs for their attacks. Virizion is way too situational against most of the meta, Terrakion requires too many energies and Cobalion will miss out on the extra damage most of the time. Also the only darks you will ever see is Darkrai and Sabeleye which Lando and Bouffant do a better job with countering as it is.

Stick with the versions from NVI. Even the original Terrakion is starting to decline in the meta so that should be a statement about these guys as well. They are nice cards to look at but not playable at all.

No love for Terrakion? I guess if Crushing Blow took one less energy.

It would also help if it didn't seem to miss the point; this is a format of OHKOs and 2HKOs, so rather than discard an Energy more damage would be appreciated.

As is, for four Energy an attack needs to hit for at least 100, and in this case it leaves the card with a horribly expensive attack. If it had hit for 40 points of damage for :)fighting:) or :)colorless::colorless:), Terrakion would have at least been considered.

On a similar subject... Does anybody know which versions of Kyurem are in the Tins this time around? Are they the BCR ones or the PLS ones?

On a similar subject... Does anybody know which versions of Kyurem are in the Tins this time around? Are they the BCR ones or the PLS ones?

BCR, meaning disregard Black Kyurem.

At least they used good White Kyurem.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back