Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Call of Legends: Establishing a Rarity Scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullados

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?
Haven't seen this particular thread for CoL yet, might as well start it.

I just cracked two boxes. Here's what I got...

At least 1 of every card that wasn't SH or Holo Energy (except for one Holo, but duplicates on many others)
6 different Holographic Energy
4 different SH cards
At least 2 of every non-holo Rare (and at least 3 of many of them)
At least 6 of every Uncommon card. At least 8 on all except for 2.
At least 12 of every Common card. At least 15 on many.

Anybody else want to post what they've pulled so far?

Isn't the set released this Wednesday? How are people to have boxes of it already? I'm guessing you judged a lot and got them, but it may be a week before others start posting.

I'm thinking there may not be a lot of people purchasing boxes of this set. There is a large number of people who only buy singles, but I think with this set, that number will grow immensely.

6 foil energy in 2 boxes (72 packs)? Wow. That's lame.

4 Shinies in 2 boxes? Wow. That's a change from the 5 Prime, 2-3 Legend average from Triumphant. Less bang for your buck, and less playable cards = bad set to invest into.

Seriously, my first thought, when I read this thread was, "he opened two boxes of this set? I'm sorry..."

To add to your findings, the Judge at the prerelease cracked his box after and did not pull a single foil energy of any type. I can't remember how many shinies he got, but I seem to think it was along those lines. He also pulled 6-8 Lost World, one of which was reverse, it was on par with the supporters he drew in the set.

Out of 28 packs from a sealed box, I got one foil energy and 2 shinies.

Wow, it sounds like the energy's are absurdly rare, and that's really all I was terribly interested in. Darn.

I opened one box....

I pulled zero foil energy and only 2 shiny pokemon...

Out of 33 players at my last weeks prerelease only 7 total foil energy was pulled.

Jimmy

That's kind of a let down. The only thing that was incentive for me to obtain packs of this set were the energies. I'd have purchased boxes to get them >.> but at that ratio, it kind of seems bad.

What's hilarious is that people are lusting over the foil energies as the most desirable chase cards in the set... they're foil energies. When the set is released, they'll be worth $3! It's like, a guy opens a box and is excited because he pulled three foil energies. That's a whopping $9 of your box paid off!

Why would you ever buy a set for cards that have a terrible pull ratio and aren't even worth anything?

What's hilarious is that people are lusting over the foil energies as the most desirable chase cards in the set... they're foil energies. When the set is released, they'll be worth $3! It's like, a guy opens a box and is excited because he pulled three foil energies. That's a whopping $9 of your box paid off!

Why would you ever buy a set for cards that have a terrible pull ratio and aren't even worth anything?

Except they most likely WONT be worth $3 each? More around $8-12. The energy were trading for 10-15 a peice at the pre releases. The big difference between these energies and the old HP ones was that the HP ones were a rare, these are commons that ONLY come reverse holo.

Except they most likely WONT be worth $3 each? More around $8-12. The energy were trading for 10-15 a peice at the pre releases. The big difference between these energies and the old HP ones was that the HP ones were a rare, these are commons that ONLY come reverse holo.

Considering you'd probably want 10 of each energy for a proper playset, I can't see people paying $8-12 for them. No ones going to pay near $800 for that, even if they are hard to find.

I can remember when they did the SHs and Holo reprints which were being traded for $10-15 at PRs before they hype faded and they dropped to near worthless.

If you want energy that wont cost 100 for a set of 10, use basic ones. They ARE foil for a reason. I mean i hope they arent worth that much because i love them(have 6 already), but my gut tells me they will be.

What energy are you talking about? I don't see any special energy in the gallery. Do you mean Reverse foil energy? I pulled so many of those though that I doubt it.

I traded 4 for two shinys haha

my gf and I got 6 rh energy/7 if you count special dark(i dont) out of 16 packs. luck i guess

Interesting. But why would they be so valuable if they're just normal old Reverse commons? Or am I missing something?

because they look awesome, and possibly b/c there are so few of them around. They replace the RH in the pack. I think the Shinies also replace the RH in a pack. So it makes the regular set easier to collect, while the RH set might be incredibly difficult to find...

^^^^ The shinies do not replace the rh spot. They come in the rare spot. Also the judge at our pre release opened his box and he pulled 2 shinies. I didn't see any of the other things sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back