Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Can Darkrai do anything agaist Galade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkrai/Weavile

My son pulled a Darkrai LvX at a release event and would really like to use him. We put this combo together. It’s fun to play and he likes it but…is there anything we could do to improve the chances against Galade?

Pokemon (16)
2 Absol (SW 21)
3 Darkrai (GE 4)
1 Darkrai LV X
4 Pachirisu (GE 5)
2 Sableye (CG 10)
2 Sneasel (DP 2)
2 Weavile (SW 40)

Supporter (16)
4 Celio
4 POV
4 Wager
4 Roseanne

Trainer (10)
3 Quick Ball
4 Night Maint
1 TSD
2 Windstorm

Stadium (2)
2 Crystal Beach

Energy (16)
4 Special Dark
12 Dark Energy

Strategy: Start with Pachirisu (Sneasel 2nd choice and Absol 3rd). Load bench with Darkrai, Darkai and Sneasel. T2 Evolve to Weavile, retreat Pachirisu use Shadow Charge to power up one of the Darkrai. T3 move Darkai to the active and start Sleep Hole (looking for LVX of course). Continue and follow with second Darkrai. Recycle Darkrai and Darkrai LVX using Night Maintenance and TSD. If needed reuse Weavile to power up additional Darkrai. Hold bake Absol and hit for 40-50 and stall for another turn to power up. Wind storm is in to protect against Unkown G’s Guard.

Everything falls a part once Galade shows up. Weak to fighting, Darkrai LvX is OHKOed by Psychic Blade even if there are no cards to flip. Sableye provides some help to stall Gallade. But Galade retreats and who ever comes up Galade or Gardevoir OHKOs Sableye. Crystal Beach helps slow GG re-powering.

Have you thought about running another pokemon line that has a resistance to fighting? I'm experimenting a Darkrai deck with Togekiss as an attacker. It runs okay at this point, but needs some tweaking. It seems to run out of steam near end game, but rips things apart in the beginning.

if youre opponent is unluck then you should have no problems beating gallade.
my opponent when i was playing darkrai lost two kingdra ex to me by flipping tails! lol!

i think the deck looks pretty good, but i would take out maybe a couple of TGW or add in a claydol, cause thats really the only way to always win the wagger.
and i think 4 night maintenance is a bit much, i would play 2 at the most. especaily since you have the TSD.

good thing no one plays aggron ex! lol

I like Togikiss and actully have a few. We will give it a try.

I agree that 4 night maint is high but the deck uses alot of energy and it gets close at the end. I'll cut it to three and add ... something...energy removal?

Honchkrow is good. It has fighting resistance and it can disrupt your opponents hand.

And if your keeping this list
-2 Sableye
+2 Absol

good deck, i'd think it help to work with darkrai's sleep ablity, and run 2-2 wigglytuffs 2-2 darkrai and use moonlight and sydney staduims. keeping him slept will increase your chances to win

Secretsof2113 is right. Try something that resists Gallade. I want to try out Altaria GE, and with Drake's Stadium. Altaria reduces 60 damage right there to Gallade, and 40 to everything else. This means Gardy is doing 20 to you, while your swinging for 90+. Basicly, Gallade has to flip over 4 Prize Cards to KO an Altaria, yes, they can't take it slowly and just do flip over one Prize, as that equals 20 damage. Anyway, then you bring up another Altaria, and both had Unown G attached, and it's impossible for Gallade to KO you. You hit him for 90+, he Retreats, brings up Gardy X, is about to use Bring Down when... it notices the 40 HP Gallade on the Bench. So, it settles for 20 damage. You do 90. 20. KO. Then, while your doing that, you can also be giving him a Potion. Now, they are forced to bring up a Gallade, and the Gallade can only do 40 before it's a sitting duck. That's what I would try.

Absol/Hochckrow

Definately try Absol/Murkrow/Honchkrow with your darkrai.
Lvl X Honchkrow if you can get it.
I run 1-1 Darkrai. It's usually not necessary, but can be devestating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back