Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Can we get a random question thread?

Shen

Mods move this if it's not in the appropriate place, please. I apologize if it isn't.

So what do you guys think? Sort of like an "Ask a simple question, get a simple answer" thread. The name of this forum is Cards: Strategy and Rulings DISCUSSION. It looks to me like a lot of the topics we get nowadays don't warrant very much discussion. I can't tell if that's because we no longer have good things to discuss anymore or if it's because the good discussions are diluted by so much random stuff.

Just looking at the topics at the top of the page right now (and no offense at all intended to the topic creators, it's perfectly fine to ask questions), we have "Oak or Juniper," "Should I run Cobalian in Durant?", and "Terrakion Counters" just to name a few. These could be answered within a couple of posts and don't really open up to any real discussion. They're by no means a poll but there's only so much to discuss. Also, scroll down the page... How many threads have more than 1 page? Not many, and of the ones that do they only have 2 pages. I think it would be nice if all of the questions like those found in the smaller threads were just condensed in to one big thread.

A GOOD example of the threads I would really appreciate finding here is something like The Everything Durant thread. Another good one was Smeargle force a look at opponent's hand?, which is a good example of a ruling discussion. Still I hardly come across these threads anymore and I'm not sure if a Random Question Thread would encourage these kinds of discussions or if we would just have no threads here at all.

Even if this were approved, I'm not exactly sure how a Random Question Thread should be done... which is what I was hoping could be answered with a little bit of discussion here. Like, should a RQT be enforced or merely used as a convenience? For example if someone posts a thead that would be more appropriate for the RQT, should a mod move it or should it be left alone? In other words should the decision to use the RQT be left specifically to the poster? If so, would anyone even use the RQT? How would the poster know what happened to his question? Also, I know one objection that someone may have is that, say, a question in the RQT opens up a lot of discussion, then what? Well there's two options... Someone can go ahead and make a new thread to continue the discussion, or (if the mods read the RQT regularly enough) a mod can make a new topic and move all relevant posts from the RQT to the new topic. Something like that, I was hoping you guys could express your ideas.

So is this someone anybody else would want?

You can just put it in this forum if you have a simple question. Our we do have a random topic thread.

If you have a random question then post in RTC, it tends to get locked as spam. I agree to random questions thread.
Posted with Mobile style...

Limiting post creations won't enhance the quality of threads created.

Members setting an example (modeling) good posts do the trick.

I was trying to bring attention to good posts using the "Guru Point system," but once again, time became a factor and I've got to get the fire set under that again.

I may, simply, have a "BEST THREAD EVER - of the week" up where I pin/sticky a post that really garners a great amount of discussion.

Thank you for the insightful post Shen (as usual).

RA

Back