Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Can you use Rare Candy like Pokemon Breeder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adv1sor

Rare Candy
Choose 1 of your Basic Pokemon in play. If you have a Stage 1 or Stage 2 card that evolves from that Pokemon in your hand, put that card on the Basic Pokemon. (This counts as evolving that Pokemon.)

Two questions:

Can I use Rare Candy to evolve a Pokemon on the first turn?

Can I use Rare Candy to place a Stage 2 evolvement on a basic pokemon, skipping stage one?

And, one more question, if the answer is no to these two questions, just what does Rare Candy do for you?

Here are a couple of current rulings that help answer this question:
== RARE CANDY (EX:Sandstorm)

Q. Can I use Rare Candy on a Pokemon's first turn in play? For example, can I place down a Wurmple and then use Rare Candy on the same turn to evolve it into Dustox or Beautifly?
A. Rare Candy doesn't allow you the first turn of the game, but it does allow you to evolve a Pokemon the first turn it is in play. (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team Meeting)

Q. Can I use Rare Candy to place a Stage 2 onto a Basic Pokemon?
A. You can use Rare Candy to evolve a Basic Pokemon into a Stage 1 or Stage 2. This essentially counts as your "Evolution" for that Pokemon that turn, although it's not restricted by the first turn the Pokemon is in play. The Stage 1 reference is because the card works on the turn the Basic is played (not 1st turn of the game though). (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team Meeting)

Hope this helps,
- CHRISBO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back