Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Cappucino - A Zoroark/Cinccino Party :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOM!

Alrighty. New deck post. Its Cappucino. Zoroark and Cinccino just as a fun deck to disrupt and mess with people :)

Pokemon: 24
4-4 Cinccino
2-2 Zoroark
2-2 Umbreon
2-2 Noctowl
2-2 Dodrio

Trainers: 12
3 Dual Ball
3 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Reversal

Supporters: 9
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Juniper
3 PONT
2 Interviewers

Energy: 15
4 DCE
4 Sp. Dark
2 Rescue
5 Dark

Total: 60

So. Start with Eevee/dual ball, pokemon collector for t1 bench fill, get up cinccino to do the wave turn 2. Zoroark to troll zekrom, reshi, badboar, and everything else. Umbreon to counter magnezone, donchamp, and everything else with a body or power. Dodrio for hit and run attacking. DCE to power everyone, sp dark for zoroark and umbreon. Reversal to pull up techs and heavy retreaters, and junk arm to recycle them. Yuppers.

Last edited:
Donphan counter? Yanmega comes to mind...

Stantler over Pichu as a starter, since a Stantler + Collector is a 1st turn full bench without helping your opponent set up. Trust me, it works much better. And you need to run Stantler and Collector maxed out. You don't need Cleffa either.

1 Bouffalant so you don't waste as many DCEs. Could lose a Spiritomb also, but that's just me.

I would say this:

-2 Pichu
-2 Cleffa
+4 Stantler

-1 Bouffalant
-1 Junk Arm
-2 PETM
+2-2 Yanmega

-2 Interviewers
+1 Judge and +1 Copycat
-1 Juniper
-1 Spiritomb
+2 Copycat

-3 Dual Ball
+2 Collector
+1 Flower Shop Lady or Switch (If you need recovery, #1, or a Dodrio proxy of a card, #2)

-2 PlusPower (You have Sp. Dark)
+2 Reversal

Another option could be to even out the Zoroark and Yanmega lines at 3-3 each, since Yanma and Yanmega are free retreaters.

-David

Well, thanks! I like all of your suggestions. Ive just got to say a few things.

For starters, i agree witj the stantler, the only tbing is, i cant get any more collectors, as noone ever wants to trade them.

Also, Yanmega is a great idea, and im thinking of probably keeping spiritomb with yanmega. Ive seen someone drop spiritomb and then pont to great effect.

And im really reluctant to put in reversal, its just too flippy.

Ill change up my list now, though. Anything else?
Posted with Mobile style...

I'd go -2-2 zoroak, -1 stantler, -1 copycat.
+2 Pont. +4 trainers. (At least 2 dual ball)

I don't know how it'd go, but your deck has close to no draw power.
Judge and copycat will draw low, assuming your opponent always has a low hand.

You could use pont to draw 6 , and lower your hand to match your opponent using the trainers.

Also, you'll rarely use yanmega, because not everyone runs donphan.

If you don't like that just consider killing 2-2 zoroak and adding 2-2 birdy pokemon. (evolution of hoothoot )
I have no idea what its name is.

Ps: bio final in 30 mins :p

---------- Post added 06/22/2011 at 12:28 PM ----------

Noctowl!

Hmm idk. Yanmega is only a tech for the few donphans i may come up against. But the draw power thing is true... Will have to see.

Ps: bio final in 30 mins :p

And thanks lol :p

---------- Post added 06/22/2011 at 02:11 PM ----------

Noctowl would work.

---------- Post added 06/22/2011 at 02:12 PM ----------

And also, if i run noctowl, pont, if i get tomb, drop that and noctowl to match hands. Might be fun lol

I guess you could always Dual Ball... I would fit in another of them if you could, since then you'll have a better topdeck chance.

Reversal's are fine since you have Junk Arm to retry them. Stantler is the main discard bait when you don't need him anymore.

I find you use Yanmega a lot more often than people think. Where's you're Magnezone counter? You can hit for 100 with Cinccino or do 40/70 with Yanmega first and use the other to KO it. It's either that or Zoroark-chunk 3 Energy cards for 150. I find the former to be somewhat more reliable as you don't lose energy.

I like your PONT/Spiritomb/Noctowl trick, but it may be a hassle running 5 stage 1s. Then again, you have Communication to switch them around for a mix-and-match game...

-David

Hmmm what would i drop for a dual ball? Personally, i like it the way it is now. I cant decide what to take out, but i need to put spiritomb back in. Suggestions?

---------- Post added 06/23/2011 at 12:29 PM ----------

Maybe -1-1 cinccino for 2 spiritomb?

I say kill the yanmega line. If you do this you'll have 9 spaces since you wont be using judge or copycat. You also dont have to worry about spiritomb.

I wouldnt nerf your whole deck just so you have a counter for donphan. Again, there's many decks in the format, and you'll be playnig donphan only once in a while. If you do play against donphan, you can just use noctowl. You can tank 3 hits, and knock donphan in 2.

---------- Post added 06/23/2011 at 01:55 PM ----------

Also, keep ciccino line at 4-4. They're too fragile and would die easily.

Ok well ima drop yanmega then, bring up zoroark to 4-4, max reversal and junk arm, which makes 7, and just keep 2 judge for fun.

List change time.

---------- Post added 06/23/2011 at 08:38 PM ----------

Ok so i actually dropped the judges for 2 rescue energy. Reuse my feeble cinccinos

I'd still leave the zoroak line. Ciccino is your main attacker, and zoroak is a tech/attacker against certain pokemon. Use the 4 cards to make your deck faster

4 Junk arm with 4 reversals and 4 communications is completely overkill. You only have 5 supporters now too.
You really also don't need flower shop lady with rescue energy. You also don't need dodrio if you have no way of healing. Plus, it'd be a slap in the face if one was prized.

-2-2 zoroak
-2 Junk Arm
-1 Reversal
-1 Communication
-1-1 Dodrio
-1 Flower Shop Lady

+2 Energy Exchanger
+1 Energy Retrival/Switch
+8 Supporters:

+2 Twins
+2 Juniper
+2 Proffesor Oak
+2 IQ

Alrighty then. Changes made. But the problem with dropping dodrio is that 1. Against zekrom, have cinccino up, have to pay retreat to zoroark, and 2. Have zoroark up, and they send up something with a garbage attack, have to pay retreat to cinccino...

But, whatever.

Twins in a very fast stage1 deck? ...

Yes. Because twins is actually very useful in a stage 1 deck. I run twins in my other deck, also stage 1's, and its come in extremely handy because they are so easy to KO. Just search out a new line of whatever was knocked out.

Ive been thinking. Should I put in umbreon? Purely as a troll card against donchamp... But it would be highly amusing... Yes? No?

---------- Post added 06/27/2011 at 12:19 PM ----------

And it would make donchamp battles much easier for me to win. 2 moonlight fangs with sp dark against donphan, or machamp, and then come in and sweep for the KO with cinccino.

Ive been thinking. Should I put in umbreon? Purely as a troll card against donchamp... But it would be highly amusing... Yes? No?

---------- Post added 06/27/2011 at 12:19 PM ----------

And it would make donchamp battles much easier for me to win. 2 moonlight fangs with sp dark against donphan, or machamp, and then come in and sweep for the KO with cinccino.

this will work great for donchamp/flygon as well but it doesn't help against reshiram or zekrom base decks.
what would yo be taking out? stantler?

Maybe stantler and a pont, but stantler is my starter... And 2-2 umbreon is how i would have to run it. And i dont need to counter zek/reshi decks with it. 's what zoroark is for.

Maybe stantler and a pont, but stantler is my starter... And 2-2 umbreon is how i would have to run it. And i dont need to counter zek/reshi decks with it. 's what zoroark is for.

i dont think stantler is necessary if you run 4 dual balls. which i prefer over stantler,
but thats my opinion.

True that. And in any case, i can use call for family eevees to start as well. But if i run umbreon, i would have to tech in a dodrio for hit and run retreat, because i would hate to have to lose a special dark to swap out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back