Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Card Scans in the Professor Test

hueglin

I had a thought, as a result of getting a couple of questions wrong on the Professor Test. When I saw which questions I got wrong I kicked myself because I felt pretty strongly that if I was actually looking at the card, which would be the case in a real judging situation, I would have got the question right.

So my thought was - what if there were card scans, or at least links to the card scans, embedded in the professor test? I think the test would better represent an actual judging situation. What do others think?

Yes I know that I could skip back and forth between the test and the researching tower looking at the cards, but that adds extra time in a timed test. I also know that the relevant text is provided in the test. I guess the main point is that in a real situation you have the whole card there. For me, that provides more and better "information" than just reading the text.

This is not sour grapes, merely an idea about how the test might be made better.

Last edited:
I definitely agree it's a good idea, and with the kind of bandwidth Pokemon.com has there is absolutely no reason why they can't have card scans in. Maybe we'll see it next update when they modernize the questions and fix database issues.

I think it should remain the way it is personally. The fact that all you have is text to go by is more of a test. The Professor exam isn't supposed to be easy.

I think it should remain the way it is personally. The fact that all you have is text to go by is more of a test. The Professor exam isn't supposed to be easy.

True, it's not supposed to be easy, but in real life the judges would have the actual card to look at.
I know that I like looking at the card better than just reading cold text.

I would like to see the card purely because tests being 'tests' is not a good enough reason to disconnect them from reality. Anything that can be done to make it more like real life situations is beneficial. The questions themselves and the time limit should be what is difficult, not the difference between them and reality. I don't think they will bother, though.

And what happens when the card image does not load for you?

I think it would be a good idea, but it is pretty good as it is now. While it would be nice to have the cards to look at to see what the questions are describing, the text describing the cards would still need to be there for anybody with disabilities which use the reading of text on the screen as a help to them. I know that number might be limited, but they still need to be accounted for if there are any. Random thought I had.

But I am all for having the pictures there also. I would prefer it as opposed to text as long as the image was easily readable. I would hate to have to zoom in/find the card elsewhere when viewing on a high resolution monitor.

Back