Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Card / Sleeve sizes

Zander Yurami

Does anyone know if a Pokemon Card can fit into a WoW card sleeve?

I wanna get some Horde sleeves for my deck, but dont wanna spend $8 on sleeves and not have them fit.

I can't answer whether they fit, but I do want to warn you: Any sleeves with art that aren't official Pokemon sleeves can't be used in tournaments.

I was told they could be used as long as it had a solid boarder

Quoting from the official tournament rules

The use of sleeves with any form of pattern or artwork on the back of the sleeve is strictly prohibited at all Premier Events, unless the sleeve is an official Pokémon sleeve, where the color along all four edges of the sleeve is identical

Wow...they didnt care what it was when I did state years ago...

Guess i will still get the Horde sleeves for non-tourny play and maybe the umbreon and espeon sleeves for tourny play

Both of those you linked to are official Pokemon products, made by TPCi or the Japanese equivalent, and are legal.

the japanese 'walky' starter sleeves are illegal for tournament play, since the stripe pattern goes all the way to the edges. this ruling was made at worlds in august.

'mom

Wow...they didnt care what it was when I did state years ago...

Guess i will still get the Horde sleeves for non-tourny play and maybe the umbreon and espeon sleeves for tourny play
This rule didn't exist until a couple of years ago...

Perhaps people used complex sleeves designs to hide markings, IDK.

Or maybe because people started putting serton cards upside down so they know which ones they were? And then when they were caught they said something like "I must have shuffled half of it upside down". Though I still don't get why non-Pokemon art sleeves aren't usable if they have solid edges.

I think it more had to do with "dodgy" (use your imagination) images on sleeves. Rather than leaving it up to the Organizers (who could enforce inappropriate images differently), they just made it universal.

I think it more had to do with "dodgy" (use your imagination) images on sleeves. Rather than leaving it up to the Organizers (who could enforce inappropriate images differently), they just made it universal.

Yeah, but we still have that problem with playmats and sometimes even deck boxes. But I still agree with you; why add something extra for the HJ to do.

Back