Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

!!!!CAUTION!!!! Known to shoot Geodudes at random..... RHYPERIOR LV. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

budpwnu

Rhyperior lv x when first released wasnt able to be used effectively due to his need for 3 energies to do 60 and a poor pre evolution. that is until now that Delcatty from platinum was released. When combined with Delcatty's pokemon power, Rhyperior Lv. X's Hard Crush attack can be devastating dealing 100 guaranteed damage with 1 Delcatty in play and 200 with 2 Delcatty's in play. with the proper setup, this monster can be doing 200 DAMAGE EVERY TURN FOR NO ENERGY This thing is a monstrosity once it set ups, OHKO literally every pokemon in the game, even a Torterra LV x plus Shaymin land form.

DELPERIOR

The pokemon
4-2-3-1 Rhyperior and Lv. X (DP)
3-3 Delcatty (PT)
1 Azelf (LA)
2-2 Claydol (GE)
3 Unown G (GE)
Total 20 pokemon

Supporters
3 Felicities
4 Bebes
3 Roseannes
Total 10 supporters

Trainers/stadiums
4 Rare Candy
3 Premier Ball
1 Luxury Ball
4 Warpoint
2 Night Maintanence
2 Broken Time Space
Total 20 trainers

The energy
8 Fighting
2 call
total 10 energy

The strategy
You need to get a Rhyperior LV X out as soon as possible. 170 hp = epic stall pwnage at the beginning of the game. Once you get that tank out, you can build up your delcatty's and start doing some damage. At the start of the game, continue to attach fighting energys to your active and retreat them out so as to get the fighting in the discard pile. Once you get felicities, throe some fighting energies in the discard. You only need 4 energies in the discard pile so a couple retreats and a felicities and our ready to go. You want to have 2 Delcattys on your bench and put G on your Delcattys as soon as possible. You want to make sure that your night maintenance for your Delcattys, and protect them at all cost because without their power...... shudders at the thought...... this deck does not run. Having two on the bench is nice because even if one gets power sprayed, you have another so your still doing 100 damage which is enough to kill almost any SP pokemon minus LV x's. and do not start hard crushing until you have what you need setup wise. You can afford to have a Rhyperior LV x die at the beginning without ever attacked, even thought the lure of no energy attack is very tempting, discarding crucial setup cards can really get yourself pwnsauced.....

Matchups

rankings Epic win, easy, favorable, even, unfavorable, hard, impossible

Kingdra
x2 water weakness on Lv X =epic fail...........impossible

Machamp
Noob gets OHKO by my hardcrush, no basics for me to worry about, cant keep up with Delperior because no energy is faster than 4 energies.....epic win

Amphylock
Amphylock is so bizarre. Amphylock gets absolutely wrecked by some of the weirdest decks, but then it can run train on some decks...... including Delperior....... impossible

Gengar
make sure the Delcattys are G'd up and then just watch out for fainting spell. it comes down to how lucky your opponent can get with coin flips, but then again isnt that what this game is all about????? favorable

Abomazong
spread + water type = epic fail for Delperior impossible

AMU
Wreck, wreck, wreck, wreck, wreck, wreck. My G'd up Delcattys are safe from Deep balance and I OHKO all their pokemon, even Delcatty's power heal pwns these little fetuses hahahaha. your opponent better have 4 super scoop ups and keep dropping those Mespirit (LA) or else this is just a joke battle EASY

Rampardos
Who even runs this deck????? 80 for 1 energy seems like a lot, but not when your playing against a deck that can do 200 for no energy :lol: admittedly Rampardos is much faster than Delperior, so if you can survive the initial swarm, Delperior FTW!!!! even

Scizor/Cherrim
Despite the fact that this deck is already collecting dust because of Dialga G........ this deck is reeeeaaally fast and can put a hurt on Delperior. This will usually result in a tally in the LOSS column for Delperior unfavorable

Regigigas
I can one shot Regi with Hard crush for 400 damage:lol::thumb: but in all seriousness this one is close. Regi's weakness tilts the tables toward Delperior slightly, being able to 100 for 2 energies and discarding their snowpoint with Rhydon is huge, but its all a matter of how fast Delperior sets up even

Toolbox/Tool kit
pretty much an an auto scoop here. I can OHKO all their pokemon with only one Delcatty power and the G's dont do enough damage to take down the massive tank that is Rhyperior Lv X. Epic Win

Dialga G
First let me say that Deafen lock is probably the most **** thing going right now besides fainting spell....... ok, well this match up is ok, no pokebodies to worry about, but the deafen lock is way too good. You cant get set up, you lose. avoid the deafen stall for Great Victory!!!!! Unfavorable

Palkia G
water typing = lame lame lame lame lame. make sure to have 8 bubble coats in your pockets when you go to battle, whip them out, and continue putting them on until your opponent notices, then DENY DENY DENY. Great success impossible

Dusknoir and Variants
Go for the Gold!!1!1!! Make sure your Delcattys are G'd up, then OHKO all these flamers. must achieve victory before they have a chance to star night spinning. Night spinning = epic fail for a deck that uses no energy to attack. unfavorable

Tyranitar
Ummmmmmmmmm.......... you have their weakness!! WOOO HOOO!!! Except for every Delcatty power = free energy attached to Tyranitar. Sure you can one hit, but so can they. This one is just like World War 3......lots of build up for a couple cool big explosions, then its over just as soon as it started. Just depends, whoever can strike first will win...... even

Torterrable
Just a little bit too fast for good old Delperior..... hope for a slow start for your opponent, and fast start for you :biggrin: unfavorable

FlyDONE
death, death, death, death. pwn that big hippo and lame insect allllll day long. OHKO, OHKO, OHKO. sure flygon LV. x can snipe for 150, thats cool, I can OHKO so its all GG's from their on out. watch out for stadiums in this one, Wall of Sand will wreck you..... favorable

Shooting Star
This is where you throw your ninja smoke ball and grab your deck and escape before being embarrassed. Star Boomerang is too fast, too strong, too resilient, just toooooo uber. impossible

Did i forget anything???????? just let me know, i want this thread to get HEATED and if i offended anyones decks in the above matchups, its all just for fun. but this deck is super fun to run, attaching no energy is a nice change of pace. try it out and let me know if you come up with something that works better or any tweaks, so on, so fourth.

Last edited:
Very good deck. Thorough in its entirety. Unfortunately some of the matchups may be a tad off due to speed on opposing decks.

AMU- Way too fast, complicated yes, but devastating t1 and t2. PAMU equals fast death do anything crucial on your side.

FlyDon- Well, Vibrava can just ruin any chance you had of consistent big damage by sucking up all of your energy and placing them into your deck for 20x. Also Trapinch T1/Flygon T2 wrecks hard. I would say even until we play test.

It is a good deck but has bad metagame matchups[Machamp, dialga, palkia, Gengar] Also a fast gengar deck can beat this.

hahaha shooting star is my starmie deck. it abuses his move star boomerang and plus powers for a consistent 70 damage for 1 water. its pretty good. i have a link to it in my signature if u wanna check it out. but this rhyperior deck is so fun to play

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

It is a good deck but has bad metagame matchups[Machamp, dialga, palkia, Gengar] Also a fast gengar deck can beat this.

how is machamp a bad matchup for this........... or dialga g......... this deck will always destroy machamp. so what if he gets a turn one KO, he has to attach 4 energies to try and do anything productive agaisnt LV.x and i can one hit him. and besides deafen, this deck destroys dialga G because i dont use bodies and i just run train through him. but maybe im missing something, please inform me as to how this deck loses to Champ

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Very good deck. Thorough in its entirety. Unfortunately some of the matchups may be a tad off due to speed on opposing decks.

AMU- Way too fast, complicated yes, but devastating t1 and t2. PAMU equals fast death do anything crucial on your side.

FlyDon- Well, Vibrava can just ruin any chance you had of consistent big damage by sucking up all of your energy and placing them into your deck for 20x. Also Trapinch T1/Flygon T2 wrecks hard. I would say even until we play test.

I didnt realize Vibrava was such a big ****. that is so good, that just spoils Kingdra and TTar and this deck lol. I mean i could recover iv i had a felicities or something but still, super pwned. The whole flygon line is good. The problem is you forget that rhyhorn has a 1 energy move called "bug squish" which kills all insect pokemon oneshot :thumb:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back