Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Chandelure/Vileplume counters?

Electrode

I run Chandelure / Vileplume and haven't tested it out a whole lot yet, I was wondering what some of its biggest threats are so I can try to build the deck around those and try to practice with battling those decks at the league.

Steelix Prime (Not played very much though)
Absol Prime (Sometimes teched into 6 Corners)
Anything that can OHKO you (Magnezone Prime, Rayquaza & Deoxys Legend, etc.)
EX pokemon (when they come out)

Those are the ones I thought of off the top of my head.
Hope it helps! :thumb:

Absol Prime is your best counter, since it can both soften the enemy with its Poke-Body as well as one-shot Chandelures.
Posted with Mobile style...

Absol Prime is your best counter, since it can both soften the enemy with its Poke-Body as well as one-shot Chandelures.
Posted with Mobile style...

Oh, yeah. I forgot about Absol Prime. I haven't seen it around much, but I'll see if anyone plays it at my league.

An unconventional tech against you in decks that run energy acceleration is Druggion. Clutch limits you to half your damage output, and traps you active to be knocked out.

Drudgigon doesn't do much to be honest, I've been clutched and I just enjoyed the free damage counters and took all the damage on one Chandelure as opposed to having it be on two or three. Absol prime does kinda suck, as it one shots you. But with a decent enough setup you can beat that also. Zoroark is not a threat unless they slap a special dark or two and you flip tails. IMO the biggest threat to the deck is a turn two glaciate. Turn three is okay, but you're already setup enough to see it and put a stop to it easy enough.

Zoroark is not a threat unless they slap a special dark or two and you flip tails.

I'd like to understand your reasoning more here. You're implying if it can't OHKO you, it's not a threat. But that Chandelure just got hit for 100 with a DCE, leaving 30 HP. At best you probably have two Chandelures on the board. How is that not threatening?

I'd like to understand your reasoning more here. You're implying if it can't OHKO you, it's not a threat. But that Chandelure just got hit for 100 with a DCE, leaving 30 HP. At best you probably have two Chandelures on the board. How is that not threatening?

Because you just retreat to another Chandelure and when they all have 100-120 damage on them you use Blissful Nurse. :rolleyes:

Pretty much what Lunar Wing just said. if you can't OHKO Chadelure, then said counter is not effective. They can drop three, retreat and drop three more and set up Jirachi; or drop three, retreat and drop two and one somewhere else, then Eerie Glow and hope they flip tails or have them waste the DCE to retreat or risk a KO on going back into your turn.

Zoroark BW won't work on Chandelure cause it only does like 100 damage with Foul Play copying Eerie Glow and Eviolite makes it almost unplayable. Absol Prime needs Pokemon to LZ to use Vicious Claw and no matter how many times you KO Chandy they'll keep getting it back with Rescue. Even still ChandePlume is annoying to go up against. I hate that deck with a passion, burn it on fire or something.

Just run Hydreigon/Terrakion or go T-Tar/Donphan If you're having that much trouble against ChandePlume. T-Tar helps get around Chandy while Donphan/Terrakion helps against Magnezone and Zekrom. One of which actually gets weakened with the new EX Pokemon in the next set due to their 170+ HP meaning it will take more than one Bolt Strike or a Blue Flare to take something even like Mewtwo EX down which will see a huge amount of play.

Back