3x Bebe's Search
2x Professor Oak's New Theory
Stadiums:
2x Broken Time-Space
1x Stark Mountain
Energy:
13x Fire Energy

Is there anything i need to fix?

Stradigy- i Will use ninetales to Discard energys and i will use typholosion to attach them to my charizard to set them up faster.

Last edited:
I approve of the Stark Mountain play: Getting setup and then dropping out the BTS that your opponent is using is a good idea, playing a counter stadium to something mutually beneficial like BTS is typically a good idea if you have the room for it.

This deck ran well at the beginning of HGSS and ran well during Undaunted also, it was never top tier, but I didn't understand why.

This said, there's a couple other fire deck threads I've posted to, I'll say the same here.

1) Careful of Gengar/Poltergeist. Draw without dump = OHKO from Gengar. You're playing 2 PONT and that's good...consider changing those/adding Judge instead. Even consider Volkner's and maybe increase the Bebe's count just to get rid of that extra card.

2) Charizard's second attack is doing 130 with a full bench of fire pokemon, do you really need 150 with the expert belt? I know we can all use extra damage, but I suspect you could do well with the two additional deck slots.

3) I don't see Fisherman in here...that is INSANELY powerful in this deck. Discard energy, draw 3, discard energy, draw 3, discard energy, draw 3, typhlosion 1 to Pokemon, fisherman, take both back to your hand, attach one and you're set to run the whole thing all over again next round. 9 card draw a round with 3 energy is NOT a bad thing (Well, sort of, see #1 above).

(FYI Flower Shop Lady is a Supporter, not Trainer).

4) Recovery: I'm also a bit concerned with the recovery in the deck (1 FSL). You are running 9 fire pokemon lines (3 Vulpix, 2 Cyndaquil, 4 Charmander). To make this deck work at it's most efficient, you're looking at needing 6 on the board (Charizard up front and 5 fire pokemon in back) this leaves you 3 decked lines at full powerup. You have one additional line with FSL. In other words, if your opponent takes 4 prizes he's cut into your game. It gets worse however, if you happen upon Vileplume, your 9 lines (+1 recovered) quickly goes down too 7 lines (+1 recovered) because you can't evolve a more than 2 Charizards due to not being able to play rare candy...and that means your opponent only needs to take 2 prizes to start hurting your damage. Certainly not a requirement, but I'd consider the addition of a Palmers on top of your FSL.

---------- Post added 10/05/2010 at 08:11 PM ----------

BTW FSL needs to be Palmers in this deck. You do NOT want the fire energy back in the deck, you want them either in your hand or in the discard for Typhlosion. I think you'll be happier with Palmers instead of FSL here.

Hmmm...
Maybe you can tech in a Blaziken FB X Ricky...
It increases the amount to fire types you have, and it can be a nice attacker...
Good way to also pull up vileplume :D

Yeah. Switch The flower shop lady, then up the bebe's. drop the fisherman and maybe a belt or two for a judge or two.

4 Bebe + 2 Communication > 3 Bebe + 3 Communication
Pokémon Communication is a dead card against Vilegar and you need to have a Pokémon on your hand to use it.

You should consider running Call Energy. It's great for getting your basics fast without using your supporter per turn for Collector.

Palmer's Contribution > Flower Shop Lady, expecially in Charizard. Flower Shop Lady doesn't say "up to", meaning you can't keep Fire Energy in your discard pile for Typhlosion, or keep Pokémon there you don't want to have back in your deck (Uxie). And as already mentioned, Fisherman is a great card in this deck.

2) Charizard's second attack is doing 130 with a full bench of fire pokemon, do you really need 150 with the expert belt? I know we can all use extra damage, but I suspect you could do well with the two additional deck slots.
Expert Belt is great in this deck if you don't have enough fire Pokémon on your bench or you need to hit for 140+.

Engineer's Adjustment's can be good in this deck.
You don't want to discard even more energy. The main problem of this deck are hands without any energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back