Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

NXD+ Standard Charizard EX/Ninetales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kultimore

Hey ya'll so I've been play testing this build, mostly because I really wanted to find an excuse to use a deck with BOTH M Charizard EXs. I now realize that decks focusing on M Charizard are impractical but, but throwing them in to builds like this can actually be really fun!

The best way to play M Charizard is to only put it down if you are in a situation where your opponent is tthreating an OHKO on your Charizard. In most cases it's still better to just continuing to set up Combustion blasts.

I have also found that Bright Look Ninetales works decent in this sort of deck since most people are running laser with Charizard to help him seal his knockouts. Ninetales will help you grab Pokemon from your opponent's bench to knock out/ stall your opponent's strategy, and with a heads on laser can deal decent damage for low energy.

Now I do realize Charizard/Pyroar is also a strong build and if you think it's more reliable I fully understand. It's unfortunate that such a cool card like ninetales most likely will be cycled out of standard soon, but after playing this deck a lot, I still think this good ol' dragons exalted card is still a threat!

Pokemon
4 x Charizard EX Combustion
1 x M Charizard EX Fire
1 x M Charizard EX Dragon
1 x Yveltal EX
2 x Vulpix
2 x Ninetales Bright Look
1 x Jirachi EX

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
3 x Blacksmith
4 x Professor Sycamore
3 x N
2 x Skyla
2 x VS Seeker
2 x Switch
1 x Dowsing Machine - ACESPEC
4 x Fiery Torch
2 x Scorched Earth
3 x Ultra Ball
4 x Muscle Band
4 x Hypnotoxic Laser

Energy
8 x Fire Energy - Basic
4 x Double Colorless Energy - Special
2 x Darkness Energy - Basic

Thins is a fairly simple build with room for change based on preference.

Since the goal initially was to use both M Charizards, I had to run dark energy. Naturally Yveltal came to mind right away. It's a great attacker when you're in a pinch, and can still use the DCEs this deck runs effectively.

I cannot stress enough that Mega evolving is something you cannot do hap-hazardly with this deck. It's great for the Gardevoir match-up since you'll gain the extra HP and can Knock out M Gardevoir in 1 hit with a mega Charizard, robbing them of their chance to heal with max potion.

I hope ya'll like the list!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back