Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Charizard is a Beast of a Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solemn_Party

I'm on a roll today, aren't I?

I just thought of this list while seeing some of the other Charizard decks.

Charizard is a Beast of a card:
60 Cards:

Pokemon: 26
4-2-4 Charizard AR
2-1-2 Blaziken PL
3-3 Ninetails HGSS
4 Spiritomb
1 Azelf

T/S/S: 24
2 BTS
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Bebe's Search
2 Palmer's Contribution
2 Interviewer's Questions
3 Expert Belt
2 Fisherman
3 Warp Point

Energy: 10
10 Fire

Strategy: Use Charizard to hit for massive damage due to its pokebody. Blaziken burns, and Ninetails is for draw. Spiritomb is to stall at the beginning of the game to get up to charizard and start attacking.

Why do you need blazekin? That's typically the spot where Typhlosion's put in. Also I haven't played in a while but you might need more energy and fishermen.

- I think Typhlosion is a better play than Blaziken, personally. I'm not even completely sure of the merits of Typhlosion, but it seems like a pretty obvious choice in this deck. I also don't think 3-3 Ninetales is necessary, you can get away with 2-2, imo. I would also play at least 1 Uxie in here, as well as an Unown Q.

- I don't think 0 Candy here is a good idea. I understand you play Spiritomb and all, but I'd play 4 still. I also don't think you'll need more than 3 Collector, and with all the trainer lock going around I might go with 4/2 split on Bebe's/Comm, but that's not tested, and 3/3 isn't a bad play, just seems suboptimal, I guess. You probs won't need more than 1 Palmer's, but I guess I can see it w/ discarding energy and all. Interviewers seems pretty meh, I would cut it entirely. Also not really certain about Fisherman, would play 1 at most. Might help to throw in an Oak or two as well.

- I think 4 Call is necessary here, and 10 R seems a bit high, but go for what works.

Good luck!

- I think Typhlosion is a better play than Blaziken, personally. I'm not even completely sure of the merits of Typhlosion, but it seems like a pretty obvious choice in this deck. I also don't think 3-3 Ninetales is necessary, you can get away with 2-2, imo. I would also play at least 1 Uxie in here, as well as an Unown Q.

- I don't think 0 Candy here is a good idea. I understand you play Spiritomb and all, but I'd play 4 still. I also don't think you'll need more than 3 Collector, and with all the trainer lock going around I might go with 4/2 split on Bebe's/Comm, but that's not tested, and 3/3 isn't a bad play, just seems suboptimal, I guess. You probs won't need more than 1 Palmer's, but I guess I can see it w/ discarding energy and all. Interviewers seems pretty meh, I would cut it entirely. Also not really certain about Fisherman, would play 1 at most. Might help to throw in an Oak or two as well.

- I think 4 Call is necessary here, and 10 R seems a bit high, but go for what works.

Good luck!

Ah. I forgot candy. o_o

It isn't hard to KO it, you just use the second attack and belt if it does, even if it has 4 special :metal:

Actually, I wasn't mentioning DGX in Dialga/Garchomp, but DGX as a tech in Light Bites. The moment he finds his way to the bench (Warp Energy/Double Colorless Energy), the fight gets incredibly harder as Garchomp, Luxray, and Crobat will be paying visits to your bench sitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back