Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Charphlosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAZUTO!!!

Okay, this is basicly a continuation of Charmortar, but people said to change the deck completly, and they said their reasoning, and I agreed with them. So here it is:

Pokemon (21):

Charizard SW x3
Charmeleon CG x1
Charmander SW x3
Typhlosion MT x2
Cyndaquil MT x2
Electrode SW x2
Voltorb SW x2
Furret SW x2
Senret SW x4

Trainers/Supporters (24):

Ceilio's Network x4
Roseanne's Research x4
Time-Space Disortion x2
Mr.Stone's Project x2
Rare Candy x4
Memory Berry x4
Prof.Oak's Visit x1 (what do you think I should take out for more?)
Castaway x3

Energy (15):

Double Rainbow Energy x2
Scramble Energy x2
Fire Energy x11

Strategy: Okay, so start with Senret (hopefully) and get out a Furret fast using it's attack or the Trainers you have. Use Furret to grab things like Charmander or other things, but make sure you get out a Charizard and 2 Electrodes. Once Furret dies, send up Electrode and do 30 (with DRE) 'tell he's almost dead and they can one-shot him and then blow up for 90 and attach him to Charizard then send up another Electrode and do the same thing while getting a Typhlosion line ready and Firestarter and attach onto 'Zard. Then, when the last Electrode blows up, your opponent has taken 3 Prizes. Hey! That activates 'Zard's Power! Now, send up 'Zard, attach a Memory Berry and use Charmander's attack for 70 and 10 to the Bench! What? THey send up their big guy, and 70's just not gonna do it? Well, BURN DOWN!!!!!!! It does a whopping 170 damage. With at least 4 Energies (hopefully more) you can still flip Tails, but all the same, hope for Heads. Now, what happens when 'Zard get's defeated? Well, hopefully you have another on your Bench with like 5 Energies attached to it (remember there are Scrambles), so you send it up, for the same damage output! Thing to remember is that after your turn ends Memory Berry gets discarded. That's why you have Night Maintenance! It allows you to get back those Memory Berries! Ceilio's, Rare Candy and Roseanne's are for well... you know. Mr.Stone's allows you to either search your deck for Energy you need or your discard for Energy 'Zard has discarded!TSD is for getting back Charizards from the discard, and last but not least Castaway gets gets your Memory Berries!

Final Note:pLEASE DON'T SAY GET RID OF CHARIZARD! IF YOU DO, I WILL SIMPLY DO ANYTHING ELSE YOU TOLD ME (EXCEPT FOR THINGS THAT RELATE TO GETTING RID OF CHARIZARD), BUT NOT GET RID OF CHARIZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
i love that you are using char in a deck! i love him and he is my fave pokemon! :thumb:use the charmander/meleon that does retalliate/rage to do like over 100 damage for just 2 energy (memory berry) maybe add a saybleye cg for discading :fire: for an early firestarter. good luck :smile:

P.s. the name is ok but its a char deck and should have like an amazing name like... "Flaming Dragons-ATTACK!" IMO but do w/ever you want =D

There's not enougc Candies for both Typh and Charizard? What if Absol manages to take a few candies while you search them with Furret? GG.

Throw in at least 1 S1 for both. It may slow you down but improves consistency.

What should I take out for them? I need at least 3 spots. I don't know what I should take out for them because space is REALLY tight.

EDIT: I'm using CG Charmeleon and MT Quilava. Anyone think I should use Charmeleons/Quilavas from different sets?

Last edited:
This deck works well as long as you can get Furret out, but I can imagine if you're unlucky its gonna be pretty bad with no draw-power in the deck. I can't think of any way to make this deck any less tight but I guess this is how your strategy works. I think having one Charmeleon in the deck will be useful, Charmeleon CG is a good card for this deck. I have never played a deck that doesn't have draw power, but I think depending on Pokemon can also work. I remember Pidgeot used to be a good Pokemon that does just that in past formats. Generally this is a good deck.

Thanks. Charmeleon would be a good Pokemon in the deck. If I start with Voltorb, I just do a quick 20 until I can get out a Senret. Charmander/Cyndaquil: just do 10 for free while powering up and getting a Senret out. I still need some cards so I haven't tried it out yet. Might write them down on a piece of paper and use it at league. I'll tell everyone how it did.

I think perhaps Sentret would be a better starter. If Furret comes out too late you might not be able to get too many cards since many pokemon can OHKO it. And also, if you do not get Furret quickly this deck will become much slower than the typical speed of cuurent meta-game because you don't have as many draw-power cards compared to the typical meta deck. You do have many Search cards, which could get you the energy and Pokemon you need, which is good but I can see that Furret is a big part of your deck in terms of getting it up to speed. Powering up a Furret early game to get you all you need and then Baton Pass once you finished your set-up is really a pretty cool strategy. I suggest that the ideal situation for you could be starting with Furret, get the cards you need then Baton Pass. Electrode comes out, takes a hit and then you use Ion Blast for the kill. Your opponent draws a prize which is good for you. You can then play the next Electrode or then Ion Blast again to fully power your Charizard. Hopefully by that time you already have Thyplosion in play to help out and getting some energies back.

Yes, Senret is your ideal starter. I was just saying that even if you don't start with Senret, it's not an auto-loss. And yes again, that is my strategy that you just stated.

Oh, great, you're right... any one know of any Tool-reviveing Trainer/Supporter? If not, then I guess I now have the space for Charmeleon and Quilava/Sableye...

EDIT: I edited the deck, so unless anyone can think of any Trainer that allows you to get cards from the discard, this is going to be it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back