Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

cheaters on ptcgo?

Patsfan112892

my opponet today straight up had 3 cards in hand he played junk arn then took it back attached an energy and played junk arm using the exploit to only discard 1 he did it twice and it cost me the game

why hasnt junk arm been fixed yet

I don't know if it will do much, but it's satisfying to use the "Report" button in those cases.

You should have said in a contrived snarl, "Good luck trying that at States".

From playing some games with the dev team, it seems that they're operating on a bare bones crew, some of which don't even know how to play. Their budget is probably incredibly tiny, and I'd bet that there's a layer or twenty of paperwork for every bug that gets fixed. Code isn't as simple as just clicking a button or two. Coding some more advanced and complex card interactions can take a lot of work.

You've also got to consider that the dev team is running this as a BETA. While Google has gotten everyone used to the idea that beta=release candidate; a beta is actually still quite buggy in the real world.

They've said several times via the forums on tcgo that there is a full release that will happen sometime mid 2012. Until then, I'd imagine the bugs will be squashed at a glacier's pace, and NOT one under the movement bonus of Kyurem.

They do have a "known issues" thread, located here. They work on fixing the bugs listed here, but progress is slow. If you find something not listed there, do your part to curb cheating by posting it there.

TL;DR: Do not expect release-version speeds of patching for a beta-version product.

Good post cabd, and I am glad they decide to keep PTCGO up and running despite all the known glitches. It's still fun to play... or in my case, watch Pooka play. Heh. I mean without PTCGO, there would be no bad deck monday! (aka whacky wednesday)

From playing some games with the dev team, it seems that they're operating on a bare bones crew, some of which don't even know how to play. Their budget is probably incredibly tiny, and I'd bet that there's a layer or twenty of paperwork for every bug that gets fixed. Code isn't as simple as just clicking a button or two. Coding some more advanced and complex card interactions can take a lot of work.

You've also got to consider that the dev team is running this as a BETA. While Google has gotten everyone used to the idea that beta=release candidate; a beta is actually still quite buggy in the real world.

They've said several times via the forums on tcgo that there is a full release that will happen sometime mid 2012. Until then, I'd imagine the bugs will be squashed at a glacier's pace, and NOT one under the movement bonus of Kyurem.

They do have a "known issues" thread, located here. They work on fixing the bugs listed here, but progress is slow. If you find something not listed there, do your part to curb cheating by posting it there.

TL;DR: Do not expect release-version speeds of patching for a beta-version product.

If that's the case, they really should bring in players as advisors to help them out with those issues.

Drew

^^ Agreed. I can only imagine the intricacies of the card interactions. Every three months a new set of cards that have to be programmed in? That is a lot of work and testing. It seems they don't have the proper amount of resources dedicated to getting it right in a timely fashion.

I would have to agree. On some of the forums and threads there, the mods don't even know the rules or how to look up information and rely on players providing it for them. It is quite frustrating.

I would have to agree. On some of the forums and threads there, the mods don't even know the rules or how to look up information and rely on players providing it for them. It is quite frustrating.

In the case of outsourcing coding, it is very rare that they know the actual day to day operations, the "big picture" if you will. Usually they're given code, told what it needs to do, and then go for it.

In all fairness, when a new set comes out it takes US a while to decide rulings. I mean, the Archeops-Candy thing took how long to determine for sure?

In the case of outsourcing coding, it is very rare that they know the actual day to day operations, the "big picture" if you will. Usually they're given code, told what it needs to do, and then go for it.

In all fairness, when a new set comes out it takes US a while to decide rulings. I mean, the Archeops-Candy thing took how long to determine for sure?

That is a good point that I had not thought about. People who are skilled at coding are needed to keep the program running and these people may not necessarily play. Also, maybe rulings should be decided before a new set comes out? I mean they do know what cards are currently in rotation as well as the cards they just created for the new sets so it wouldn't be that hard for them to decide the rules ahead of time...I think.

The confusion between this as a beta versus this as a finished product is not google's fault. People go as far as to pay for codes, they certainly expect the product as a whole to work. While people paying for codes is not strictly Nintendo's fault, it is Nintendo's fault that cards are not readily accessible for free OR say making a market where you can use a code to get any given specific card you want (or what if for a single booster box code you could have access to all cards?).

Also, if they wanted to work out the bugs, they probably should have waited a little longer - you could already play an introductory starter deck campaign before these silly codes AND it was actually kind of fun.

The confusion between this as a beta versus this as a finished product is not google's fault. People go as far as to pay for codes, they certainly expect the product as a whole to work. While people paying for codes is not strictly Nintendo's fault, it is Nintendo's fault that cards are not readily accessible for free OR say making a market where you can use a code to get any given specific card you want (or what if for a single booster box code you could have access to all cards?).

Also, if they wanted to work out the bugs, they probably should have waited a little longer - you could already play an introductory starter deck campaign before these silly codes AND it was actually kind of fun.

Their official response has been that they do NOT suggest/endorse/etc selling code cards. Period. This is a reward for buying boosters to them, not a separate product line.

You're making the mistake of assuming what you WANT is what Nintendo wants. They're not aiming to please you. They're aiming to make money. Like it or not, they see TCGO as an extra marketing strategy. Remember that the army of kids getting online after school outnumbers us "hardcore players" like at least 10 to 1.

Why people take programs like this for granted is beyond me. Besides, if you want to play a version with almost all the cards available, and no bugs, here you go.

I made it patently clear I understand them not endorsing selling code cards (I said it was not their fault, although it COULD have been expectable, none of us can know if they considered that), and since I clearly implied Nintendo wanted to make money, not provide a nice service, and since this is exactly what you think Nintendo wants, I do not see why you said I made a mistake. Since Ninetndo is doing this to make money, no one using the program is taking it for granted, they deserve a better product than they have received. The codes are an extra tool to get people to buy booster packs, not some noble reward. To do it with a product that is not working is actually specifically corrupt. The fact they pseudo-pay for this service is why people are confused that it does not work at all correctly.

Back