Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Chicagoland League Visit, Klaczynski/Sucevich/Cawthon

Ness

Ross Cawthon, Kyle Sucevich & I are now all living near each other (Ross & I in Chicago, Kyle in southern Wisconsin), so the three of us have decided to meet up on the weekend of October 20-21 at a local Pokémon league to play with younger/newer players and offer deck help to those who need it most.

We're yet to choose a league, so if you're in the Chicagoland area and have a league on either October 20 or 21, and think this is something your players would enjoy, feel free to post your information: How many players regularly attend, how many of them are younger or new players, what time does it run, is there a tournament afterwards, etc.? We'll then choose one of the leagues and update everyone where we'll be & when.

I would say top cut comics in Chicago but everyone there already knows how to play... There is a league on saturdays at the locations in Plainfield. that might be a good bet.

Minnesota, Massachusetts & Ohio are all great areas, but too far from us. Perhaps next year we will travel, but we'd prefer to start with our own area. Thank you anyway for the interest! :smile:

My league will meet on Sunday, Oct. 21 in Deerfield. But we haven't convened in a month due to Battle Roads. I'll see what the turnout is this Sunday and post again.

Kowabunga league

We have a decent sized league in Oconomowoc, WI We have a pretty good sized group of very young players. It would be great if you guys could come out. We have league on Saturdays from 12:30 PM to 4:00 PM.

Our league in Huntley doesn't have much there yet. It's on Thursday Nights at the Rec Center (Same place as the Huntley City Championships)

The interest it would generate for a league to have a visit from a two time world champion would be great for an area's playerbase.
The minnesota area really needs some way to grow the community, so maybe consider the trip someday? You could play a tourney one day and go to league the next? I don't know. Anyways, great idea!

Back