Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Chinese Cards

TonySandlin

So, I've pretty much gotten most of the information I was looking for so I'll edit this post.

Here is what I know.

Base set was printed in Unlimited and 1st Edition.
EX Legend Maker and the EX Trainer kit with Minun and Plusle was printed, which can be found here - http://www.funbox.com.tw/pokemontcg/10.asp

The EX LM sets are extremely rare because not many people know about them even in China. I'm still looking hard for ways to get some.

Last edited:
I'm only aware of one type of Chinese card for the early WotC sets.
What are these other types you are talking about? How do they differ?

I'm only aware of one type of Chinese card for the early WotC sets.
What are these other types you are talking about? How do they differ?

Apparently, there are different styles or forms of the Chinese language that were used when printing the Base set. I'm not entirely sure if it is correct, because I've only been able to confirm the Taiwan style.

Do you have any Chinese cards? If you do, I might be able to figure out what type they are.

I personally hope that Traditional Taiwan was the only one printed, because that would make it so much easier to complete my collection, as these are hard cards to find.

Well, I've been told there were more, but the lack of proof is what is confusing me. The website shows cards that are printed in Chinese, but are obviously not Base set. As far as I can tell, that website is legit. However, I've looked into the website a bit and found that it is probably used to teach people how to play Pokemon. I'm thinking that maybe the cards were Photoshopped to have Chinese print in order to be an aid to help the Chinese learn to play the game.

Its either that, or Chinese must have been printed in more sets than just Base.

Thoughts?

Well, I've been told there were more, but the lack of proof is what is confusing me. The website shows cards that are printed in Chinese, but are obviously not Base set. As far as I can tell, that website is legit. However, I've looked into the website a bit and found that it is probably used to teach people how to play Pokemon. I'm thinking that maybe the cards were Photoshopped to have Chinese print in order to be an aid to help the Chinese learn to play the game.

Its either that, or Chinese must have been printed in more sets than just Base.

Thoughts?

I was going to photoshop a japanese sample set of electrodes and voltorbs to drive you crazy..but then I got lazy

As far as i know, WOTC printed Base set Chinese cards and that was it. The bottom fell out and Base was the only set printed in Chinese. And only in 1st Edition.

As far as i know, WOTC printed Base set Chinese cards and that was it. The bottom fell out and Base was the only set printed in Chinese. And only in 1st Edition.

What do you mean by bottom? And I know I've seen unlimited, so as long as its not fake (the person with them seems trustworthy), then there was 1st and unlimited Chinese. But those were both Taiwan print. I'm wondering if there is any proof of Simplified and Hong Kong Traditional print for the Chinese Base set. Bulbapedia also has it listed, but I'm having trouble verifying it.

And Elam, I know all of the Voltorbs and Electrodes in Japanese! That would be pretty funny though :p

Chinese Base was printed around Team Rocket in America was printed. The Pokemon fad was over then and Team Rocket was over printed. I only have 1at Edition Chinese Base. No nothing of Unlimited Chinese Base.

Do the characters look like Traditional Taiwan Print? Do you have a picture of any?

---------- Post added 02/22/2013 at 09:42 PM ----------

So you're aware of the "Masaki Voltorb"? Aka the Voltorb in the picture of the Machamp card! :tongue:

Is that the one of the Vending series Machamps that they made into a promo for English? Because, I just noticed yesterday that there was a Voltorb chilling in the audience lol

Do the characters look like Traditional Taiwan Print? Do you have a picture of any?

---------- Post added 02/22/2013 at 09:42 PM ----------

Is that the one of the Vending series Machamps that they made into a promo for English? Because, I just noticed yesterday that there was a Voltorb chilling in the audience lol

Yes lol that's what I was referring to. :lol:

Yes lol that's what I was referring to. :lol:

What a coincidence that I just noticed it then lol

I'm trying to collect the trainers that have Voltorb in it too. I'm not going to worry about other Pokemon that have him sitting around in the background. It has to be more of a focus like in Pokemon Retriever or Holon Scientist. I think I might be getting a bit crazy about this darn collection!

Chinese Base was printed around Team Rocket in America was printed. The Pokemon fad was over then and Team Rocket was over printed. I only have 1at Edition Chinese Base. No nothing of Unlimited Chinese Base.

Yeah, but you got your Chinese cards from people who got them from WotC reps, so they may have only had 1st Ed, but that doesn't mean that they didn't release unlimited to the public.

Yeah, but you got your Chinese cards from people who got them from WotC reps, so they may have only had 1st Ed, but that doesn't mean that they didn't release unlimited to the public.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is unlimited... but if no one knows of the other sets in that website, I'm just going to assume they dont truly exist lol

The Pokémon Trading Card Games (集換式卡片遊戲) are available in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and the Mainland China with most of the cards, boosters, and theme decks nearly identical to the ones that were released internationally. Cards released in Hong Kong and Taiwan are printed in Traditional Chinese characters with minor grammatical and naming differences, while the mainland versions are printed in Simplified characters. In addition to the Hong Kong releases, English versions of the cards have also been released in Hong Kong as well, and are often displayed on Hong Kong's official Pokémon website. Although the Trading Card Games exist in all three areas, only Hong Kong actually takes part in the worldwide tournaments.

Found that on Bulbapedia? Thats where I read that, but I cant find any information at all to support that there were other prints other than Traditional - Taiwan. I want to see some pictures lol

Back