4 Warp Points
1 TSD
1 Night Maintenance

Energy 15
10 Darkness
2 Water
2 Psychic
1 Scramble

Strategy: Ideally, you start with a Pachirisu to grab a Gible, Sneasel, and Darkai. Then, get Weavile active and use Shadow Charge to build up Gible, which you should be evolving at this point, and Darkai. Once Garchomp and/or Darkai Lv. X is built up, you start attacking, using Warp Point if necessary to bring up opponent’s bench.

If perfectly set-up, which is possible, Garchomp can OHKO a Gallade or Mags Lv. X, via Dark Engage, Dark Shadow, and Rainbow Scales.

I’ve been posting a lot of decks, as I’m trying to help my son get ready for Regionals. He doesn’t want to play G&G or Mags at this point.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Here some suggestions:

Pokémon:
- I don't think you need 4 Pachirisus - they are just dead cards once your bench is full and your opponent doensn't play Cessation Crystal.
- maybe put in a Sableye CG, I successfully played it in several Garchomp variants and it's quite useful to buy time and do initial damage, making the 120-130 HP Pokémon ready to be knocked out by Garchomp even if you don't have a Darkrai set up.

Trainers:
- 4 Warp Points are far too many, imho you don't need this card at all, Garchomp and Weavile both have free reatreat.
- Quick Ball is too random in a deck that plays 3 lines and a starter.
- no TSD and 2 Night Maintenance - it's important in late-game to get the energy back.
- unless you are absolutely sure that nobody is going to play Battle Frontier, you should put in some Crystal Beach - this also does great disruption to Gardy, Magmortar and other decks that use DRE/Scramble.

Energy:
- Don't use Scramble - if you don't want to play Crystal Beach, you may try Boost energy instead, but Scramble isn't that useful in this deck. You can use it and do 70 until you have drawn as many prizes as your opponent, then it's stuck at Garchomp and locks his PokéBody. Boost can be used any time and is gone after that.
- There may be a metagame besides Gardy and Magmortar - at least I would put in 1-2 lightning energy against Hurricane and Empoleon.

I don't know how this version runs (only played Weavile style Garchomp at a very small CC without Darkrai), but it may still be a problem to have no setup-help-Pokémon. I used Delcatty (at Cities) and Claydol (at States) and they really helped me to keep the deck running.

Thanks, Shadowguard!

I like some of your suggestions. I may throw in a couple of Crystal Beachs to help slow down G&G and Mags. Those are very big in my area. I can take out the Quick Balls.

I tried a Claydol line but then found that it was too hard to setup along with everything else.

beware of gardy's psychic-lock!!
coz the combo will be destroyed if u get stucked inside!!:nonono:
maybe u need some pokedex and pokenav for faster set up and they are normal trainers!!
good luck:thumb:

Last edited:
Gardy's Psychic Lock doesn't hurt that much because if Garchomp doesn't need to become Dark type to still do 110 to Gardy, as long as there's a Psychic Energy attached to it.

I tried a Claydol line in this deck, and I found that setting up became too hard. I added a Minun to help with draw power. In the 4 games I played, I was never short on cards.

Cessaasion Crystal isn't a problem because Pachirisu can remove. Battle Frontier isn't a big issue either. Again, it only affects Garchomp's Rainbow Scales.

Surprisingly, this deck sets up fast. I usually have a Garchomp or Darkai Lv. X ready to go turn 3 or 4.

Boost is really nice in the deck! It's much better than Scramble.

The combo here since Chetabear asked is Dark Engage, Dark Shadow, and Rainbow Scales, which allows for up to 130 damage with no discard. Also, Weavile's
Shadow Charge allows for quick attacking.

After reading your suggestions, the new list looks like this:

Pokemon 22
3 Pachirisu (GE)
2-2 Darkai Lv. X (GE)
3-2-3 Garchomp (MT)
3-3 Weavile (SW)
1 Minun (SW)

Trainers 23
4 Celios Network
3 Roseanne’s Reserch
3 Rare Candies
3 Steven's Advice
4 Prof. Oaks Visit
3 Warp Points
1 TSD
1 Night Maintenance

Energy 16
10 Darkness
2 Water
2 Psychic
2 Boost

Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited:
Chomp deck need need NEED windstorms. Trust me, I have experience from CA states... CC just shut me down. Another problem with lists like this is that you pretty much fold to anything not gg/mag. I played someone with a list similar to yours, and their biggest weakness was not being able to do much vs. rogue.

Pokemon 16
1 Pachirisu (GE)
2-2 Darkai Lv. X (GE)
3-1-3 Garchomp (MT)
2-2 Weavile (SW)

Trainers 27
3 Celios Network
3 Roseanne’s Reserch
3 Rare Candies
2 Quick Balls
3 Steven's Advice
3 Prof. Oaks Visit
2 Mars
2 TGW
4 ER2
2 Night Maintenance

Energy 17
7 Darkness
2 Fire
2 Fighting
2 Water
2 Psychic
2 DRE

Hopes this modified list helps you for a better deck.

Thanks for all the comments! :thumb:

I did a lot of testing this weekend with the deck, and it didn't do as well as I hoped. Black Mamba was right that it had a tough time against rogue decks. Also, it didn't feel "smooth" if that makes sense.

It's not a bad deck, but I don't think it's for tournament play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back