Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Chuck's 732nd Consecutive Nats Win Report!

Howdy yall. Sorry I'm late on the report, but I'm a busy man (OMG I DO NOTHING ALL DAY!). Anywho, I get to the convention center on Thursday ready to tear up the side even with Sallygross. Unfortunately, Sallygross loses to Infernape for some reason, and I 0-2 drop lol. After seeing Sallygross sucks, I had to find a new Nats deck, FAST! Word on the street was Banette beats Infernape if it runs Lunasol, so I tested it, it did, and I ran that:

Pokemon: 12

4 Shuppet
4 Banette ex
1 Banette CG
1 Lunatone (Fighting)
1 Solrock (Fighting, Delcatty killer)
1 Joleton*

Energy: 17

11 Psychic
4 Rainbow
2 Cyclone

Trainers: 31

4 Trans
4 Mentor
2 Adv
2 Scientist
3 PETM
2 Scott
2 Castaway
1 Charm
2 Buffer
3 Beach
2 Reversal
4 TVR

Round 1 vs Bianchi with Lucario/Eeveelitons

We both get decent starts and trade blows. I whiff on a big reversal, but his Umbreon is prized, so that gives me the win.

1-0

Round 2 vs Ryperior

I get a fast start, his is weak. I had no clue what Ryperior did going into this match, so he actually nails me with a Scramble/Rage. He kinda ran out of steam at the end though, so I held on to win.

2-0

Round 3 vs Rokman with Flycatty

Ugh, lame game. Opened with a Jolt* and a Lunatone prized. He got his Cattys out and my start was too slow to pull it out. Made him sweat at the end, but he held on.

2-1

Round 4 vs Burnating Torchic with Infernape

I get a Shuppet start and Mentor for the Lunatone/Solrock. He can't set up properly after than, and eventually loses.

3-1

Round 5 vs Tracy Key with Banette

I get my worst start of the day with a Shuppet/Pass two turns in a row with a 12 card hand (17 energy, what the heck!). Eventually I get goin and she gets a little defensive with a Sableye. I hit a big reversal and pull ahead in prizes. She gets a safeguard Banette up and I have no means of attacking it, so I need my last reversal to hit or else I lose for sure. Lucky for me though "PLAYERS, THAT IS TIME!", and I get a lame time win in a game I probably woulda lost.

4-1

Round 6 vs Mario

Shuppet vs Railou. Need I say more?!

5-1

Round 7 vs Chad Harris with Metagross/Meganium/Mew

I get a fast start against his Chikorita. He gets a nice draw with a Metagross and Umbreon and puts some major pressure on me. After Umbreon was gone, my last Banette took me home, since he didnt run Windstorms to KO my Buffered-Banettes with Mews.

6-1

Round 8 vs Gino with Mario

Another auto win matchup. At one point he might have been able to fight back with a Mew + charm/2 Plus Power KO, but he couldnt hit a gym off a supporter.

7-1

Round 9 vs Fulop with Absolutions

Soooooolrock start vs god start. I think this ended in 5 minutes.

7-2

I make the cut in 14th place, and find out I'm playing James Roll from Florida.

Top 32 vs James with Lati@s/Mewtwo d with lots of other tech

Game 1: He opens with a Lugia ex against my Shuppet. He has a bad draw, and I end up T2ing the Lugia. He promotes a Lat and Ice Barriers, but I'm immediately able to take care of it with the CG Banette. I end up hitting a reversal, and thats game.

Game 2: He gets a better start this time, and we have a nice close game. At the end I have nothing left in my deck that I cant hit his Lati with, so I have to rip both Cyclones and hit some Reversals to get my last prizes. I end up drawing both Cyclones and hitting both Reversals lol. GGs Jim. Cya @ Worlds.

8-2

Top 16 vs Mario

Thank you GOD

Game 1: Shuppet vs Railou, gg.

Game 2: Shuppet vs Railou. gg.

9-2

Top 8 vs John Silvestro with Bug.dec

Game 1: Solrock, YUCK! I start building a Shuppet, but he Umbys and KOs it. My hand is garbage at that point, so I scoop.

Game 2: Shuppet vs Eevee. I KO his Eevee T2, he Umbys and does 40. I hit for 30, he does 40 more. I hit for 40, and he has no Basics, so he has to KO me. Banette #2 gets the KO.

Game 3: SOLROCK! UGH! I have a good hand, but I never can flat out draw a Banette or get a PETM, so I'm forced to Ascension a bunch, which plays into the lame status. I think I had a good chance if I woudla hit a Psy or Rainbow on a TVR, but I get a useless Cyclone, and can't really recover. GGs John.

9-3

So I whiff the top 4 invite, but get a rating invite, so I'm content! I think I shoulda won though, so I'm going to assume I did, which makes me a 732 time National Champion and 2047 time World Champion! OMG I JUST WON ANOTHER AS I WAS POSTING THIS! 2048 BABY!

Props:

Me for being so good at this game
Me for being so smart
Me for being so good looking
All the cool people I met

Slops:

Foisy

-Chuck

ooommmggg you are soooooo good at this game, an of course you would lose to Flariados out o all decks to lose to :rolleyes: but Mr Silvestro is a kewl dude and deserved to get top4 for a auto-invite, but you only had to get top8 to secure a invite which you did, and you didnt chicken out, and sit out nats which i greatly applaud you for, u had big grapes buddy, and this time there not that sour.....well thats what she said at least:lol: :lol:

good job man, nd aloha cya at worlds buddy good luck !

What about the other 731 tourney reports you owe, Toby?!

Oh well...nice work! I guess you can't have sour grapes anymore, cuz now you're a raisin in the sun.

Why R u so good at this game. Its ridiculous!:mad: Like im working on my 1st world championship. Your already in the 2000's+ and counting. Man im so never getting on lafonte with my stats. So kidd worlds is coming. R u rdy?:cool:

I love the Foisy slops......always the Foisy slops. GJ on the tourney and have a heckava time in Hawaii!

BTW ...your T16 Match up would've been Tom W. (KingGengar on Da Gym) w/ the Mario thread.

Keith

Lawman: I believe Tom lost to Chris F. I believe Chuck's top 16 opponent was Emmanuel (something - forgot last name) who also ran Mario.

Yesss the wittiest Pokemon player in the World is up to 732 Nats and 2048 worlds wins!

I bet it's already up to at least 2050 by now

nice meeting one of the greatest players at this game (I was the asian kid with zach =O)

see you in hawaii

I wish I could count past 30 so I could understand how many Nats you've won!!

Nice job overall, get em in Hawaii...and thanks for the advice on meeting women, it worked like 732 times.

Two cyclones in a row!!!! Heads flips on reversals!! Hard enough match up with you. I needed the luck to go my way. At least I don't have to get through you in the Grinder. lol

Oh, and the strength charm on the Banny CG was nifty too to take out my Lat Ex.

congrats and look forward to seeing you in Hawaii.

Jim

Back