Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Cities Deck 4 - Honchkrow/Absol - UPDATED WITH 2 Cities Top 4's! (4th and 1st!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace_201

Honchkrow/Absol

Cities 1st Variant (4th Place)

Pokemon: 13
4 Absol SW
4 Murkrow MT
2 Honchkrow
2 Honchkrow Lvl X
1 Umbreon*

Trainers: 31
4 Team Galactic's Mars
2 Team Galactic's Wager
3 Celio's Network
2 Castaway
2 Roseanne's Research
1 Professor Rowan
1 Cessation Crystal
2 Strength Charm
3 Plus Power
1 Night Maintenance
2 Windstorm
2 Super Scoop Up
3 Energy Removal 2
3 Quick Ball

Energy: 16
4 Special Darkness
8 Basic Darkness
3 Double Rainbow Energy
1 Scramble Energy

Cities 2nd Variant (1st Place)

Pokemon: 13
4 Absol SW
4 Murkrow MT
3 Honchkrow
1 Honchkrow Lvl X
1 Umbreon*

Trainers: 30
4 Team Galactic's Mars
3 Team Galactic's Wager
3 Celio's Network
2 Castaway
2 Roseanne's Research
1 Steven's Advice
1 Copycat
1 Cessation Crystal
1 Strength Charm
3 Plus Power
2 Night Maintenance
1 Windstorm
1 Switch
3 Energy Removal
2 Quick Ball

Energy: 17
4 Special Darkness
9 Basic Darkness
2 Double Rainbow Energy
2 Scramble Energy

You HAVE to run 3-1 Honchkrow - Lv. X. 2-2 does not cut it... Also, two Quick Balls is more than sufficient. Switch is better than Warp Point in this deck. 3 Wager's is also a MUST. It is amazing.

Strategy: Start with Absol and use Baleful Wind to immediately start discarding. Setup a Honchkrow and use Krows to abuse his power and continue to discard. Absol can do 40 for 1 when needed, and then scooped up. Umbreon is used for more discard. Basic hand control.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cities 1 Variant

Round 1 - vs. T2 Blissey
I start with Absol and destroy his hand quickly. I continue to smash his hand with Wind and Mars while I set up Honchkrow. He finally takes out Absol with his Blissey, but I am set up at this point, and he just can't recover. 1-0

Round 2 - vs. LatiLock
Are you kidding me? I go up against the only LatiLock deck I've seen in AGES... and it just happens to crush me. He starts with Latias EX and Latias. I start with Murkrow... blegh. He Roseanne's his first turn for Latios EX, and it's over from there. I can't set anything up, I couldn't discard anything from his hand, and I couldn't take out that Latias with the lock. GG. 1-1

Round 3 - vs. Rampardos/Lucario
I have resistance, so I don't think it will be a problem. Lucario has to hit my Krows twice to kill them. We both start out miserably. I have Murkrow and start swarming, only to realize that both of my Honchkrows are in my prizes. DO NOT RUN 2-2 Honchkrow - Lv. X!!! DON'T DO IT! Anyways, I eventually start knocking him out with each of my Murkrows doing 30 since they all had a Special Dark on them. He couldn't get energy. I get a Honchkrow as my 4th prize, he can't recover. 2-1

Round 4 - vs. MegaGatr
I have resistance to the Meganium, Weakness to the Gatr. I start off with Absol and immediately discard too many cards for her to handle. She gets out a Feraligatr, but it is destroyed after my second Krow goes up for the hit. She can't do anything. 3-1

Round 5- vs. Magmortar/Typhlosion
Started with Absol, which discarded her only trainers in hand other than Rare Candy. She couldn't get anything but more basics and energy after that, so it was a win. 4-1

Top 4
SemiFinals - vs. Absol/Gallade/Gardevoir
Game1
I start out with Absol, and so does he. We take turn discarding each others' hand every turn until I hit a Wager and won. It turned the game completely around, and I won the game.
Game2
I start with Murkow, he starts with Absol. He discards both my Supporters in hand and gets Gallade out early. I can't protect myself with Krows. Oh well.
Game3
I start with... Umbreon Star. I don't really have to describe this game. I lost.

Cities 2 Variant

Round 1 - vs. Infernacatty
He starts with Skitty. He Tail Whips and gets it. I start with Murkrow. Gross. I use Quick Ball. I get an Absol. I have Switch and a Special Darkness Energy in hand. Play Absol, Switch it to active, attach Special Dark, 50 for the knockout. GG. 1-0

Round 2- vs. Wormadam
He starts with Burmy Leaf Cloak, I start with Absol. He puts Sand Cloak on the bench, energies the Sand Cloak. I play my supporter, and I discard with Absol. I hit Double Rainbow Energy. If I hadn't discarded that, he would have been able to knock out my only Pokemon, Absol. Wow, lucky me. He can't recover after having no hand. 2-0

Round 3 - vs. Absol/Gallade/Gardevoir
Same guy who won the 1st Cities I went to. Great. This game is extremely close as we exchange discards. He is down to one prize eventually, but I have his Garde within sniping range for my Honch, and his Gallade can also be killed by it in one more shot. Time is called, he wins. We play it out, I get down to one prize. My Lv. X has 50 HP left, he gets Absol, benches it, retreats, energies Absol, Plus Power. Game. Good stuff. 2-1

Round 4 - vs. MegaGatr
Same lady from the 1st Cities. She started with Holon Castform and went first. I started destroying her hand with Absol, and she couldn't do anything. Her first Supporter came at her 5th turn. It was far too late by then. 3-1

Top4
SemiFinals - vs. Infernape
Game 1
I start with Absol again. I start by discarding two of his Infernapes in the first two turns. There's no way he can come back. We play, and I win after taking 3 prizes.
Game 2
I start with Umbreon star. He starts with Zangoose. Lucky me, I have switch in hand. I Quick Ball, get Absol, change guys, and start using Wind, discarding all his trainers. I continue to hit everything he needs. He eventually gets one Infernape out, but it doesn't do much. Delcatty EX for the 2 prize win. 4-1

Finals vs. Absol/Gallade/Gardevoir
Game 1
We start out with Absol as usual. Both of us discard our hands to nothing. He gets 2 Ralts to the back, and that's about it. I Wager, I win. I get Umbreon, discard Gardevoir X, then Wind away his remaining two trainers. I get Honchkrow setup on this turn as well. He can't recover despite him using 2 more Wagers, but I won them both.
Game 2
We both start with Absol yet again. He discards a Supporter and an Energy from my hand. Thank goodness I drew Roseanne's. I discard his Rare Candy and his DRE. We swap the discards back and forth until he finally uses a Wager on me. I have a Honch up already, he has a Kirlia. I win the Wager. I get X and anything else I need to take advantage. He survives for a long time through many Wagers, though out of about 5 Wagers this game, I won 4. He could not take out my Honchkrow X despite getting a Gallade set up. I win the Cities. 5-1

Last edited:
I really like this list, it is very solid, I feel it needs to be 4 SSU and I would rather not run ER2, I could use that for more draw or more disruption.

actually DRE should be maxed as it doesn't affect murkrows attacks when attached to honch

really a key part of the speed of this deck

Well since you have Cessation in here you might as well add Battle Frontier
to counter all those Blissey decks, lol.

Battle Frontier will defeat the purpose of the deck... I won't be able to abuse Murkrow with Honchs Body. Cessation gets attached to Honch and Absol only, never to Murkrow, and Murkrow will be the only active using the power, so it all works out in the end.

this is what I posted in another absol/krow thread.

Pokemon- 13
4 Murkrow
2 Honchkrow
2 Honchkrow LVX
4 Absol
1 Umbreon*

Trainer- 32
4 SSU
4 Team Mars
3 Celios
4 Dual Ball
2 Team Wager
2 Windstorm
2 Castaway
1 Buffer Piece
1 Strength Charm
3 Plus Power
4 Crystal Beach
2 TSD

Energy-15
4 Dark Special Energy
11 Basic Dark Energy

I haven't played with this at all, but, I like Castaway because I can get Buffer piece, I love buffer piece but Strength charm is very good as well in this deck. I may be able to take out the Strength Charm for another buffer piece. Like I said, this is a very sketchy 1st time list of this deck. I myself would rather abuse Crystal beach because I feel it gives this deck more power and disruption with it in here. Plus Mirror match will be in this lists favor.

Battle Frontier will defeat the purpose of the deck... I won't be able to abuse Murkrow with Honchs Body. Cessation gets attached to Honch and Absol only, never to Murkrow, and Murkrow will be the only active using the power, so it all works out in the end.

Lol, Relax. My point was that Cessation does "NOT" belong in here. And if it only get's
attached to Honchkrow/ Absol on the bench what's the point in having it in here? It doesn't
really do anything on the bench and screws the deck up if it's attached to the active. Replace.

I think TSD might actually be better than NM. This deck's draw is rather little (TGM), so TSD would be much faster.

-2 Cess
+ 1 W.point
+ 1 ER2

Lol, Relax. My point was that Cessation does "NOT" belong in here. And if it only get's
attached to Honchkrow/ Absol on the bench what's the point in having it in here? It doesn't
really do anything on the bench and screws the deck up if it's attached to the active. Replace.

Absol can have the Cessation Crystal attached to stop early setup for my opponent if he relies on Poke Powers. Honchkrow DOES have to go up there sometimes you know...

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I think TSD might actually be better than NM. This deck's draw is rather little (TGM), so TSD would be much faster.

-2 Cess
+ 1 W.point
+ 1 ER2

The problem is getting TSD haha.

Last edited:
Play 2 TSD.

NM is much slow, because ;

1) U draw into NM

2) U use it

3) pokemons back to deck

4) Now, u have to hope to DRAW INTO the pokemons u shuffled in.... Thats hard.

The other main question is to go 2/2 on the Honchkrow or 3/1? And definately drop the scrambles for more Basic Dark there is nothing like starting with an Absol and all you have are Scrambles or DRE in your hand.

play this deck against Gardy and you'll see why Cessation is needed... get a taste of your own medicine when your opponent Mars you.

keep the cessations

After testing my deck out with some other decks, it is 18-1, I made a change to the list though.
I took out 1 Buffer Piece and 1 Strength Charm for 2 Cessastion Crystals(it works wonders)

You should try my list, it actually works, I shocked myself because I just threw it together.

The other main question is to go 2/2 on the Honchkrow or 3/1? And definately drop the scrambles for more Basic Dark there is nothing like starting with an Absol and all you have are Scrambles or DRE in your hand.

Definitely 3/1 krow.

If u go 2/2, then if 1 normal krow gets prized, the odds of drawing into it is really low.

As for scramble, I think u need it. It will help against some fast T1/2 KOs.

I would take out 1 strength Charm for 1 other draw card or a 3. SSU...
You only have 2 castaways and 4 tools...

So I prefer to have 2 castaway and 3 tools...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back