Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

City Championships in October?

Venusaur

I heard rumours that City Championships will be THIS OCTOBER. Truth? And if this is true doesn't it screw the whole yearly thing up?

October sounds a little early... Though I could see how it could be useful - More time between the different championships/stadiums.

Venusaur said:
I heard rumours that City Championships will be THIS OCTOBER. Truth? And if this is true doesn't it screw the whole yearly thing up?

The City Championships will start in November and run through January (at least). This gives us plenty of time to hold MORE championships. This doesn't mess things up because the year (Season) runs from September until August, culminating with the World Championships.

One other thing will change next year. The Stadium Challenges will be held before the Gym Challenges. This will make the event more competitive and prestigous. :D Hopefully they will be spread out so that someone could go to all three (I only made it to two this year)

I felt octiober to be a bit early. Now the spread is a little more even and better for all people and it givs nintendo enough time to plan next nationls at the end so to bring the last invites up before worlds 2005.

"Decemberish"

Basically the 'new tournament season' and the set rotation will happen in the next few weeks and this is when rankings will be reset and you can start earning your way to Worlds.

I'm hoping for more Stadium/City Challenges...but we'll just have to wait and see

Here is the planned tournament schedule for premeire events:
Two weekends before thansgiving weekend: Prereleases for new set
Starting the weekend after Thansgiving and through January: City Championships
All other tournament series is just not even time to think about yet.

mysterioustrainer said:
Here is the planned tournament schedule for premeire events:
Two weekends before thansgiving weekend: Prereleases for new set
Starting the weekend after Thansgiving and through January: City Championships

Kewl. Just one question. When is thanksgiving? (We don't have it over here)

Come to think of it... I may not enter a CC because over here, if you win one, you can't enter the 'state' championships.

City Championships this early? I was expecting them to start next year! I figure from like the end of Worlds till maybe January would be like the Pokemon "Offseason".

the last City Championships kinda snuck up on oregon. We had 4, and they spanned 3 weekends, 1 on each of the first 2, then the last 2 on the third. (read that slowly to get it, lol) And I only heard about them prolly 2 weeks before they happened. But it was good fun-stuff. I did poorly... but still. Big events are fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing. Febuary was killer, with events every single weekend to go to in Florida.

Plus we won't be stuck with Prereleases till then and League. Anyone remember August till Febuary of last year? Was very boring, IMO.
-Phil

Boring?????????

We did the spectacular 1 trainer of each name tournament.
The only commons and uncommons allowed tournament.
A swap your deck with your opponent tournament.
The most famous Rainbowgym drafts, one of it was on my birthday and with extra prizes for each player who won from me.

But meaby we are not bored because we don't have prereleases, Stadium Challenges, Gym Challenges to look forward to.
It's just how creative are you to keep your players interested and we sure know how to do that.

October?!? November?!? That early?

Owch. I won't be able to organize any in the Broward County, FL, area. Maybe Heidi Craig could organize one there? I'm not even a regular TO yet, so becoming a PTO would be out of the question in such a short span of time.

- Croatian "always wanted to organize a big tournament" Nidoking

Dawn,

You don't have to be a PTO to run a City Championship. Talk to Heidi or me (behind the computer :cool: ) this weekend. It looks like we will have 2-3 months to run the City Championships this year instead of the month that was allocated last February. We want to coordinate the scheduling so that we don't have conflicts. We had 7 CCs last year in Florida and we could easily double that (Miami, Melbourne, Tampa, Sarasota, etc. need to be added).

It's going to be a fun season.

I have a question, say you are 10 in one CC then you turn 11, and you wish to play in another CC, would you still play in the 10- or would you play in the 11-14 for the rest of the events in that year? I would think once you turn 11 you would play in the 11-14. Also I am surprised the CC are starting so early.

Last edited:
Back