Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Coin or Dice?

RaiGuy

A problem occured at a recent Prelease where a girl was accused of rigged flipping. I have heard that you can tell your opponent to use a dice or a coin when they have to flip. A girl said to a player that she gets to flip for his status condition, in this case it was Asleep. She would put the Tails side up and flip it and it would be tails. She did this twice and got two tails. He said he got to flip so she let him instead of calling a judge. I had to go against her in TOP 4 and she put the Heads side up every time and got heads every time. She flips the coin but putting the edge of it on the tip of her thumb and the other edge on her first knuckle on her pointer finger. I asked a judge to do something and he said she can legally do that. Every game she was in the judge was called over also. Do you find the sceneario legal or illegal and please explain.

First off, it is the Head Judge that gets to determine if a particular die or coin is allowed. Not the opponent.

Now, who flips for a Special Condition?
The player that controls that pokemon.
NEVER the opponent! Never!

A coin flip must have the coin go through three full rotations in the air for it to be a legal flip.
That's it. If it rotates a lot in the air, it's a legal flip.

If the coin just rotates once or so, that could be a controlled flip and should not be legal.

Back