Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Collection stolen-starting over

Tla8237

I pulled down my collection to give to my little brother. I've always promised him that for his 10th bday which is quickly approaching. Days later the entire binder was stolen. Im now stuck with days to find an entire collection of "old cards" to not let him down. My Delimma is that I have no idea how much they are worth monetarily speaking, since they mostly held sentimental value for me. I basically just need the base set first gen. To get started with what I had. I've found several people that are willing to sell but want me to make offers I just don't know. HELP PLEASE. I've tried searching eBay and etc for days and it just varies so much. Thanks!

The price varies so much because to the 3 styles of Base cards - 1st Edition Base cards (the most expensive), Shadowless Base cards (next most expensive), or Unlimited Base cards (least expensive of the 4). There are also those that differentiate between print runs - like i think the 8th print run was only available in England or something like that. So it really depends upon what you are looking for.

The price varies so much because to the 3 styles of Base cards - 1st Edition Base cards (the most expensive), Shadowless Base cards (next most expensive), or Unlimited Base cards (least expensive of the 4). There are also those that differentiate between print runs - like i think the 8th print run was only available in England or something like that. So it really depends upon what you are looking for.

So like the first 150 cards that were released? Sorry i don't really know the technical terms for them. Don't know what "shadowless" means I see it everywhere. When I was 10 cards were cards.

The first 150 were broken out into Base set, Jungle set, & Fossil set. All sets came in Unlimited and First Edition - First Edition had a "1st ed" stamp on it. Unlimited did not. Base was printed without the Shadow box around the picture in the 1st Edition printing and in the first Unlimited printing. Jungle's last printing did not have the Jungle set logo (the flower) printed on it.

Now that they are no longer just "cards", but "collectibles" these distinctions have been made.

If you want the cheaper cards, go for the Unlimited versions.

Back