Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Collector Disturbed by Black and White

Status
Not open for further replies.

prodigal_fanboy

I finally got around to looking at the Black and White scans. Apparently now they have some new sorting system (type and then who knows what?), rather than Rarity+Alphabet.

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?

When they're sorted by alphabet and rarity, you get a lovely mix of pretty colors on every page of your binder when you sort them by collection number. Why did they change?

Probably to line up more with Japan.

I suggest you figure out the ordering yourself. That's what I plan to do, because I just like the old numbering system so much.

On the contrary, I thought ordering them by type and evolution results in something very pretty too.

But I will admit it's a complete pain to find any particular card number when you organize cards by rarity, like I do.

I had to change up my BW binder because of this. And it actually looks a LOT better than the old way I was sorting. Especially that I don't have any more NH Rares in there. Makes things a LOT easier to get into just over one 4-pocket binder.

I'm not that angry over the thing. It actually makes looking for a single card a LOT easier if you know what type it is.

On the contrary, I thought ordering them by type and evolution results in something very pretty too.

But I will admit it's a complete pain to find any particular card number when you organize cards by rarity, like I do.

I'm not a fan of the huge blocks of green/red/blue/etc., though. Oh well, I don't suppose it shall be too much of an issue, I don't think I will be collecting any more as I'm somewhat cash-strapped anyway. The price we pay for lining up with Japan.

It's by type and then Pokedex order. Much better than rarity IMO. However, I think just going by Pokedex numbers makes more sense, as it helps a lot with organization and with new players.

Strictly Pokedex order I could see working until they did mixed-generation sets. Although I do think it would look nicer than type-order.

I can't tell which RH Rares are Holos or NH Rares anymore ;(
lol I had to look at the list that came in the random common 3-card packs to see which rares were holos. Maybe you can find someone with the rulebook. Unfortunately, the downloadable rulebook doesn't have the list. Or I can just tell you, if you don't know yet...

-Both Serperior
-Both Emboar
-Rsehiram #26
-Both Samurott
-Zekrom #47
-Reuniclus
-Krookodile
-Zoroark
-Klinklang

I preferred the old ordering system, as I could easily sort them in a box and look through them without looking at the numbers. However, when I used to place all my cards in binders, I would sort them by type (alphabetically), then starters in the front (for Grass, Fire, and Water), and then whatever.

Use to be easy sorting and putting into set order - rarity & then alphabetical order (with Trainer & Energy last).

Now it's Type and squinting at little numbers.

I actually like this change a lot. Not only is it more like Japan (which I view as a good thing) but I feel that my binder for BW looks much better ordered this way.

As a collector, I like this change a lot.

For one, it makes us closer to Japan, and anything that gets collections closer to Japan is a good thing IMO.
Also, when they were organised by rarity, you would commonly be missing a lot from the start of the set, leaving the front of binders looking empty as you picked up the remaining holos. Now if you get all the commons and uncommons and a selection of rares and holos (e.g. opening a booster box) then you have a nice spread.

I think that my take-away from this thread is that you are never too young to be a bitter old man who can't deal with change.

:wink::thumb::lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back