Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Collector's Cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omastar

Good news concerning the saga. The owner of Cache heard from all parties concerned, and when all sides of the story were understood he immediately agreed to make all concerned whole and satisfied. Thanks Collector’s Cache for serving the Pokemon community.

Good news concerning the saga. The owner of Cache heard from all parties concerned, and when all sides of the story were understood he immediately agreed to make all concerned whole and satisfied. Thanks Collector’s Cache for serving the Pokemon community.

You were the cause of all the drama, you post a thread here that the owner of the cards asked you to NOT post and you attacked CC for no good reason. You sir are a troll and need to go back under your rock. Have you not learned your lesson yet? You should have replaced the cards yourself. All you needed to do was to apologize to CC and end it. That is it IMO.

Keith

So you ended up paying for the Smeargle's? Seeing as you were the one that caused the mess and are solely to blame.

If this is an attempt at an apology to Collector's Cache, you failed it.

The store only had to make things right because you refused to. Keith already said everything else I want to say.

I was under the impression that this was to be an apology. You cause a problem by being irresponsible and not returning to the owner, what you borrowed from them, make some ridiculous thread about the shop that you gave the cards to (which you should have never done), and when the shop rectifies something that was YOUR fault to begin with and requests that you create a thread to apologize, this is what you come up with??? I really thought you were smarter and had more sense than that, but I should've known better, because all you've done is just postured yourself as a victim, and attempted to redirect the blame from the place where it belongs, YOU....I'm in total agreement with Chairman Kaga and lawman on this one!!!

Last edited:
Wow! I don't normally post, as a matter of fact this is my first one. Knowing all parties concerned. This is a very sad situation. You loan a friend some cards, you would expect they would be respectful enough to take care of the items on loan and return them personally in the same condition they were received – irregaurdless of what was going on at the time and/or make specific arrangements for their return. Bringing in a 3rd party aka Collector's Cache was wrong, bottom line this was between sol de luna and Omastar. Regarding compensation of said items, if we considered this a contract between two party's: Compensation should have come from Omastar to sol de luna, once settled between the initial two, then if Omastar wanted they could follow up with 3rd party for possible compensation, keep in mind this would be for something that wasn't 3rd party's responsibility in the first place. I have to hand it to Collector's Cache for compensating the 1st party when it wasn't their responsibility to do so. I understand you stated CC accepted to hold the cards, however the cards weren’t on loan to them and the 1st party didn’t request they be left at Collector’s Cache. Omastar your newest post, I’m sorry if you were trying to make an apology for this whole thing, I'm just not seeing it. I agree with Chairman Koga.

Last edited:
A proper apology goes like this....

"I apologize to Collector's Cache for dragging their good name and possible internet business through the mud for no good reason. I am the sole person responsible for this "saga" (as you call it Omastar). I also apologize to sol de luna for not being responsible with the cards I borrowed from them."

Try that for once Omastar.

Keith

---------- Post added 04/04/2011 at 09:30 AM ----------

I would also add that CC fixed "my" mistake by compensating sol de luna for the cards "I" lost. (coming from Omastar's perspective of course)

This all depends on whether CC wilfully took responsibility as a third party for returning the cards. After reading the previous post, I got the impression that they provided that service, but now don't (because of this incident).

Keith, as a lawyer, I don't understand why you think Omastar is solely responsible, if CC wilfully provided the return service. He's certainly responsible for going a bit overboard at making false allegations publically here on Pokegym, but for returning the cards to the owner part, I think CC needs to take some responsibility (if they provided the return service).

Steve, there was a meeting with all parties involved, and omastar was barred from the store until such time an apology is made on the gym.

Regardless of fault, what I said was agreed upon by all parties involved.

CC did compensate luna del sol, however the incident should never of happened.

Okay, I want to give warning that this thread is likely to be closed as duplicative of the previous thread, and/or closed as a pointless thread (although pointless is in the eye of the beholder, and more than one pointless thread once opened stays opened here).

If Omastar, after falsely blaming a good business and friend of Pokemon players in Collector's Cache, as part of a conflict resolution condition, was to make a post apologizing for his wrong actions then clearly he has failed.

After calling for a ban on the business, after attributing bad deeds to the business, the non-apology apology seems to me to be grossly insufficient.

I am for leaving the thread open long enough for Omastar to read and appreciate the overwheming prevailing sentiment that his comment posted in opening this thread is completely without merit or worth.

I am for leaving the thread open long enough for Omastar to man up and offer a sincere apology, taking responsibility for his own bad acts and misdeeds.

I would ask that people exercise discretion, and if at all possible refrain from posting additional condemnations of Omastar's anemic attempt at reconciliation.

I would like to give Omastar the chance to edit or add a comment more appropriate to the circumstance. I would then love to either lock the thread, or see it die the death it deserves, uncommented on further.

This all depends on whether CC wilfully took responsibility as a third party for returning the cards. After reading the previous post, I got the impression that they provided that service, but now don't (because of this incident).

Keith, as a lawyer, I don't understand why you think Omastar is solely responsible, if CC wilfully provided the return service. He's certainly responsible for going a bit overboard at making false allegations publically here on Pokegym, but for returning the cards to the owner part, I think CC needs to take some responsibility (if they provided the return service).

CC did post is a now locked thread. They said a player put 4 cards on the counter. The other player didnt get them. If someone borrows an item from me, they have the sole responsibilty in returning said item to me. Omastar borrowed cards from another. He didnt try to return them to the rightful owner. They instead were placed on a busy counter in a business when a tourney was running. IF said cards were picked up by an employee and later sold by said company....where does that absolve Omastar? It doesn't!

Man up Omastar and accept full responsibility and apologize properly to CC.

Keith

Contract Law 101:

1. Agreement/contract between Omastar and luna del sol: Here are some cards. Return them when you're done.

2. Agreement/contract between Omastar and CC: Here are some cards. Return them to luna del sol.

3. Agreement/contract between CC and luna del sol: NONE!

Agreement/contract #2 was broken so agreement/contract #1 could not be satisfied. Omastar had every right to demand justice, if #2 was indeed the agreement/contract as described above. Because of Omastar's demand for justice, it appears that CC decided to complete its agreement/contract and return the cards (or compensation) to luna del sol.

CC has every right to demand an apology from Omastar for disparaging remarks on PokeGym, but as for the agreements/contracts, hopefully, CC isn't retaliating for an agreement/contract that went bad, misunderstandings or whatever.

That's all I'm saying. Punish Omastar for the correct infraction (requiring an apology to CC), and stop throwing in other indictments for which he's not solely responsible (not requiring an apology to CC).

---------- Post added 04/04/2011 at 08:53 PM ----------

What incident are your referring to? The disparaging remarks on PokeGym, or the botched/misunderstood agreement/contract between Omastar and CC?

Last edited:
omastar is solely responsible to luna de sol. Whatever arrangements that were or were not in place with CC have no impact on the duty of care that Omastar owed to luna de sol. What CC may or may not have done is not relevant. Omastar should have made certain that luna de sol got the cards back and not tried to pass the buck to CC.

omastar is solely responsible to luna de sol. Whatever arrangements that were or were not in place with CC have no impact on the duty of care that Omastar owed to luna de sol. What CC may or may not have done is not relevant. Omastar should have made certain that luna de sol got the cards back and not tried to pass the buck to CC.
You missed my whole point. Omastar needed to return the cards to luna del sol. Instead of returning them directly to luna del sol, he chose to use a 3rd party. That's not uncommon at all. Banking systems are built around this type of 3rd party model. Nevertheless, if the 3rd party didn't return the cards, Omastar is still responsible to luna del sol. HOWEVER, the 3rd party is still responsible to Omastar.

Perhaps contract law is different in the UK, but in the US, it's this way (as described in my previous post).

Bottom line:

Omastar needs to apology for public, disparaging remarks against CC. That's it!

@SteveP: The failed logic here is this. Omastar may be a minor (not sure). Minors cannot be legally bound to a contract. Likewise, CC never posted that they agreed to hold these cards for Omastar, only Omastar's version of his story says this. We all know Omastar is soooo trustworthy at this point. :rolleyes:

Real life example. Husband and Wife buy house. They take a mortgage out with bank. They move out and let X move in. with the understanding/contract that X pays the mortgage. The bank doesnt get paid. Who does the bank sue?? The H and W, not X!

Keith

Dang Keith, you got me on the contract-with-minors argument. But if you want to use that argument, you have to ALSO throw out the contract that Omastar had with luna del sol (since Omastar is a minor). :tongue:

Regarding the H & W, the bank, and X agreements, I absolutely agree. The contracts/agreements are between H & W and the bank, and H & W and X. There is no contract/agreement between X and the bank. If we substitute H & W with Omastar, the bank with luna del sol, and X with CC, you end up with the same explanation I gave in my posting above. So, what's you point? Was it your intent to actually agree with me, or was that a mistake on your part? :wink:

---------- Post added 04/04/2011 at 10:21 PM ----------

...Likewise, CC never posted that they agreed to hold these cards for Omastar, only Omastar's version of his story says this. We all know Omastar is soooo trustworthy at this point. :rolleyes:
luna del sol's post in the original thread seems to indicate that it was Omastar's understanding that the cards were being held by CC, but luna del sol didn't go to CC to retrieve the cards.

Maybe there was some misunderstanding between Omastar and CC, but from the posting by CC, they knew that some little kid left cards on their counter. If three people testify, and one of them doesn't know why the cards were left, but the other two do, I'd probably accept the testimony of those two over the one.

Steve, there was a meeting with all parties involved, and omastar was barred from the store until such time an apology is made on the gym.

Regardless of fault, what I said was agreed upon by all parties involved.

Glad to hear that he's been barred, seeing as he could have caused them business by making them seem like shady characters.

I don't believe CC should have had the responsibility of compensating luna del sol though, that should have fallen on omastar's shoulders. However, seeing how stand-up CC has been through all of this, I'll keep them in mind whenever I'm in the neighborhood shopping for cards in the future. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back